Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

6 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Criminal charge involving a felony. 

EA7070D9-DAE9-48F3-A139-5E7C318362CD.png

To be fair, it says “any conduct resulting in a criminal charge…involving a felony.” It’s not necessarily a great argument, but depending on what he actually did or did not do, it could be argued that he did not do the conduct that resulted in the charge. In this case, if it’s only a felony because of the strangulation charge and he did not do that conduct, did he really do conduct resulting in a felony charge?  To take a more extreme case, if someone was arrested and charged on mistaken identity, that person would clearly have been charged with the felony, but did they really do any conduct resulting in a felony charge?

The contract is written such that the conduct is what is important, and not just the charge. I am not sure if that was intended or just lazily drafted. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Maybe fire him. Then, do a coaching search that ends with hiring Beard, assuming he isn't charged. Now, both sides are happy. Profit.

Negotiate a cheaper contract because he’s potentially damaged good.  I like it. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

To be fair, it says “any conduct resulting in a criminal charge…involving a felony.” It’s not necessarily a great argument, but depending on what he actually did or did not do, it could be argued that he did not do the conduct that resulted in the charge. In this case, if it’s only a felony because of the strangulation charge and he did not do that conduct, did he really do conduct resulting in a felony charge?  To take a more extreme case, if someone was arrested and charged on mistaken identity, that person would clearly have been charged with the felony, but did they really do any conduct resulting in a felony charge?

The contract is written such that the conduct is what is important, and not just the charge. I am not sure if that was intended or just lazily drafted. 

It’s certainly an inventive take. He did engage in conduct, unlike the mistaken identity guy. His conduct did result in a felony charge, even if every element (theoretically) can’t be proven. Even, hypothetically, an acquittal doesn’t mean he didn’t engage in the conduct, though. I suppose if both he and Trew both said the strangling didn’t happen maybe his actual conduct is, at most, a misdemeanor. It’s interesting to think about.

I think it’s lazily drafted in that  “any conduct” is meant fit (a) and not (b) — how do you meaningfully get charged with no conduct — but the lazy drafting would be construed against Texas.

Nice thought.  

When it comes to smarmy big time college athletics, I’m as cynical as they come. I really don’t think it matters what the DA does. I believe the brain trusts decided early on that there was too much emotional and dollar capital invested in Beard to lose what promises to be Texas’ best chance at basketball success long term. Since there is a will, Texas will find a way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Satchel said:

When it comes to smarmy big time college athletics, I’m as cynical as they come. I really don’t think it matters what the DA does. I believe the brain trusts decided early on that there was too much emotional and dollar capital invested in Beard to lose what promises to be Texas’ best chance at basketball success long term. Since there is a will, Texas will find a way. 

If the felony charge sticks, there is no way Texas will keep Beard no matter the will. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, freyguy said:

If they fire him, the university gets to move on. If they don't fire him, this will keep coming up over and over until he eventually departs due to some other reason.

I've made up my mind on the SOB. The dude smacked around his lady. Regardless of whether she "started it" or not, you just don't do that. Good grief. He and his fiancée need to go somewhere else and beat each other up to their hearts' content...like they've probably been doing for years already. But they should really split up, for both their benefits. 

But again, it's just basketball. Which is 3rd fiddle to football and baseball. So who the hell cares.

Fuck you and fuck baseball. 

If you don't care about the sport then stay the fuck out of the thread. Go find the last time I posted anything about Texas baseball. You can't because I don't give a shit about it so I leave it to people who do. 

And it's Football, Men's Basketball, Volleyball, and then maybe baseball.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

11 hours ago, Satchel said:

That's not being cynical that's being crazy. 

If the DA charges him with a felony and he's going to trial they're not keeping him. 

If video comes out supporting that he struck her or choked her they aren't keeping him. 

If it remains as is where the alleged victim publicly defended him and stated his actions weren't what he's charges with and the DA refuses to bring the case for indictment due to lack of evidence then outside of any other evidence Beard would definitely bring a lawsuit if terminated saying the University broke the contact as he was not formally charged by the DA and the alleged victim recanted her accusation. They wouldn't want to terminate him under those circumstances. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I said Amen to his knock on people blaming cancel culture. Beard should have been fired the day he was charged with Felony Strangulation. Every fucktard on this board who says we have to investigate and take time and get all the "facts" likely had to go to Tech. No one else could be so stupid. 

Has no one ever been falsely accused of anything?  This is a really stupid take and you should stop repeating it so confidently.  

Look, I thought he was gone when I first heard the story, but we're talking about a multi-million-dollar contract at a major public university.  They don't make snap judgments on such things.  To paraphrase, the Board of Regents doesn't take a dump without a plan, son. 

And the story has now changed quite a bit from the initial story three weeks ago, proving their decision to hold their fire and wait for more info correct.

Why don't you sit tight, remember that your opinion on this matter carries as much weight as my dog's, and see how it plays out?

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Has no one ever been falsely accused of anything?  This is a really stupid take and you should stop repeating it so confidently.  

Look, I thought he was gone when I first heard the story, but we're talking about a multi-million-dollar contract at a major public university.  They don't make snap judgments on such things.  To paraphrase, the Board of Regents doesn't take a dump without a plan, son. 

And the story has now changed quite a bit from the initial story three weeks ago, proving their decision to hold their fire and wait for more info correct.

Why don't you sit tight, remember that your opinion on this matter carries as much weight as my dog's, and see how it plays out?

Your dog's opinion is probably more important TBH 

17 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

No it isn't. It has the all encompassing qualifier 'Any' in front of conduct and then the scenarios are separated by logical 'or's. That pretty explicitly means the conduct doesn't matter, the result matters. It's a giant cover-your-ass statement.

I'm not offering up an opinion on what the University should do, but just basing that on the linked contractual statement.

12 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

No it isn't. It has the all encompassing qualifier 'Any' in front of conduct and then the scenarios are separated by logical 'or's. That pretty explicitly means the conduct doesn't matter, the result matters. It's a giant cover-your-ass statement.

I'm not offering up an opinion on what the University should do, but just basing that on the linked contractual statement.

Agree to disagree on whether a court would rule that the word any would basically read out the word conduct. 

Arguably, “any conduct” would encompass walking on the street near where a crime was committed or sleeping with the prosecutor’s wife so that they tried to pin a crime on you, but I do not foresee a judge agreeing with that reading of UT’s contract. 

At this point my gut says it's a 75% chance Beard comes back. What is more interesting to me is the shitshow that will accompany his return. Hit pieces about the university sweeping stuff under the rug, protests against UT athletics, and right-wing content creators looking to cash in on the controversy.

All of that is going to be a distraction for the team. If Beard comes back I wonder if he will handle it well. If not, that might place him on a hot seat in the following years. If he hasn't broken up with this woman, he will be on a short leash with Bellmont and the slightest peep could be the excuse UT will need to fire him for cause.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

54 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

At this point my gut says it's a 75% chance Beard comes back. What is more interesting to me is the shitshow that will accompany his return. Hit pieces about the university sweeping stuff under the rug, protests against UT athletics, and right-wing content creators looking to cash in on the controversy.

All of that is going to be a distraction for the team. If Beard comes back I wonder if he will handle it well. If not, that might place him on a hot seat in the following years. If he hasn't broken up with this woman, he will be on a short leash with Bellmont and the slightest peep could be the excuse UT will need to fire him for cause.

At the risk of going CR, why “right-wing content creators” and not “left-wing content creators” where a completely predictable response is “oh, look at what the patriarchy allows”?

I agree that there will be vociferous reactions to Beard and the team if he does come back, as I think he probably will. 

Even if he does come back, this almost certainly has to be his one bite at the apple. Another episode of this type, he’ll, even with exonerating video, probably shows such poor judgment that he needs to be gone. 

• Hook 'Em 6

On the plus side, I really like the way the Horns put a stranglehold on OU's offense. We choked off their outlet passes, and pressed them til they didn't have room to breath. By holding their guards in a tight headlock, we cut off their passages to the basket. Their emergency call to the bench to try to police the baseline made sense, but I doubt their calls for charging will hold up with the Big 12 rules committee.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

I'm not sure if this thread could get any less informative while we all wait for something else substantive to come from the lawyers or the district attorney's office, but degrading into a conversation about right wing/left wing responses if he's cleared (it's not certain that's going to occur) and comparing his situation to reactions regarding Andrew Tate is a good way to do it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I'm not sure if this thread could get any less informative while we all wait for something else substantive to come from the lawyers or the district attorney's office, but degrading into a conversation about right wing/left wing responses if he's cleared (it's not certain that's going to occur) and comparing his situation to reactions regarding Andrew Tate is a good way to do it. 

We don't need to quibble about the specifics of the distraction. The point is it will be a distraction.

16 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I mean... well...

We're desperate for a resolution to this. This is really stressful to us, as fans. But literally nothing is happening. Speculation is happening because it's the only thing we can do.

The other option is to nuke the thread/delete posts/ban discussion until there is something newsworthy; I used to participate regularly at another message board where this is actually happening; a certain well-liked and respected poster was accused of making videos of torturing and murdering puppies for sexual gratification. The guy's name hasn't been officially released, but people in his hometown subreddit are not showing any such restraint. Needless to say, cutting out all discussion until real facts get known is understandable, even if we wouldn't do that ourselves.

My point is, the discussion does have a point -- we're mentally and emotionally wrestling with the bad news, using this thread to cope with it each in our own way. I am pretty much now in a "let's see what happens" mode, but others are going to need to vent, work through it, etc. JFKFC is being a royal pain in the ass in this thread, but has he been that awful of a poster before/elsewhere? Not really... it's just him trying to cope with the bad news in his way.

We don't have to come to this thread for news. If there is any, I suspect it'll be all over the place. The original arrest made the front page of the NY Times, man.

Meanwhile... people gotta vent and work through it.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

On the plus side, I really like the way the Horns put a stranglehold on OU's offense. We choked off their outlet passes, and pressed them til they didn't have room to breath. By holding their guards in a tight headlock, we cut off their passages to the basket. Their emergency call to the bench to try to police the baseline made sense, but I doubt their calls for charging will hold up with the Big 12 rules committee.  

We throttled them, all right.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

The left-wing response is mostly going to be covering the protests. Right-wing will show up to play "devil's advocate" and bemoan wokeism the way they are doing with the Andrew Tate arrest that has nothing to do with his beliefs and everything to do with his human trafficking.

Delete these posts they don't belong here. Go ahead and start a thread in the CR if you want to debate this bullshit

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, HookEm said:

One thing this has thought me is that CDC does not run a leaky organization. Respek. Old administrations would have been leaking info like a mofo.  

without leaks, we just have to make shit up.  I heard from an Amazon delivery driver that drops off packages at my home in Houston, that his buddy in who delivers to Austin, said that a package was delivered to Beard's home and that it was slightly ripped and he could see it had an ice cream scooper inside.  Who buys an ice cream scooper for a home if they are planning to sell and move?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, HookEm said:

One thing this has thought me is that CDC does not run a leaky organization. Respek. Old administrations would have been leaking info like a mofo.  

There are plenty of leaks if you know where to look. 

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi