Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

3 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

What you’re saying, if I understand you correctly, is that it wouldn’t be logical for her to call the cops unless Beard were at fault somehow. Let’s say that’s true. 

That doesn’t mean she did, in fact act logically. The judicial system is chock full o’ situations in which grown ass people do not act logically in situations like this or in situations of domestic discord, in general. 

Once we accept that people act illogically in similar, or even calmer, domestic situations, everything you built on the foundation of her actions necessarily being logical just collapses in on itself. And that’s leaving aside the dubious assertion that he assaulted her “regardless of who initiated it.”

Of course, both parties can be guilty of assault, regardless who initiated. I’d say likelihood that fiancée assaulted him, he didn’t respond violently, but she called 911, despite his non-violent response, is asymptotically close to zero. Are you suggesting that, or are you suggesting violent response from him, but it was pure self-defense? Either way, I’d say those would be less probable/logical explanations. Net-net, if you’re paid $$$, just don’t screw it up. It’s pretty easy to avoid “conduct unbecoming” and should be even easier to avoid a felony. I stand by my prediction- there’s a compromise buyout so all can avoid discovery/litigation, and he’s gone. Beard pays soon-to-be ex-fiancée & gets NDA, and everybody goes their own way. DA likely does nothing (or probation at most), recognizing that with fiancée changing her story, apt to be reluctant witness. We’ll know soon. 

8 minutes ago, txindep said:

Of course, both parties can be guilty of assault, regardless who initiated. I’d say likelihood that fiancée assaulted him, he didn’t respond violently, but she called 911, despite his non-violent response, is asymptotically close to zero. Are you suggesting that, or are you suggesting violent response from him, but it was pure self-defense? Either way, I’d say those would be less probable/logical explanations. Net-net, if you’re paid $$$, just don’t screw it up. It’s pretty easy to avoid “conduct unbecoming” and should be even easier to avoid a felony. I stand by my prediction- there’s a compromise buyout so all can avoid discovery/litigation, and he’s gone. Beard pays soon-to-be ex-fiancée & gets NDA, and everybody goes their own way. DA likely does nothing (or probation at most), recognizing that with fiancée changing her story, apt to be reluctant witness. We’ll know soon. 

A lot of things can be true. Saying " you have the 2nd(?) highest paid state employee domestically assaulting his live-in fiancée" sounds like the assertion of a fact, not of a possibility.

Even if he responded violently, that doesn't make it assault. I'm not suggesting anything because I wasn't there and we've heard only one side of the story. She admits to initiating the violence and it's certainly conceivable that whatever injuries have been mentioned thus far were the result of trying to restrain her from hitting him again. The story I've been told makes it sound like pure self-defense, but it's one-sided, also.

It's certainly possible that there's a buyout. It's possible he's fired for cause. It's possible he's retained and his suspension lifted. If the indication is that the DA isn't going to go forward, I think he probably keeps his job.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Will you get us to another FF?

With this team, we have an excellent chance so long as I keep everyone happy. To that end, I've asked Texas Pom to provide blowjobs for every basket. But, they'll start throwing in some teeth if players commit too many turnovers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

A lot of things can be true.

That's what gets me about this situation and so many others in our current society

No one actually knows what the fuck happened, yet everyone wants to strongly state the opinion that fits their preexisting worldview as a statement of fact

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

With this team, we have an excellent chance so long as I keep everyone happy. To that end, I've asked Texas Pom to provide blowjobs for every basket. But, they'll start throwing in some teeth if players commit too many turnovers. 

This man is a strategic genius!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

A little bit of teeth action ain’t a bad thing…… unless it happens in a domestic dispute.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, txhorns said:

So can Beard come back tomorrow?  Our defense is shit without him.

Well, there's a shitty head coach in charge. The worst thing that could happen to this program is for this team to achieve enough success that the administration chooses to give Terry the head coaching job. That man is not a leader. He's not a good Xs and Os guy. His best quality is having a sense of loyalty, and some minor - MINOR - recruiting skills. He's always been a decent recruiter. 

My guess remains that Texas will be playing hiring roulette at the end of the year. They won't find a better fit than pre felony assault Chris Beard, but maybe they can make a kick ass hire nonetheless. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Has anything involving lawyers and contracts ever been resolved in a 3 week period? Especially over the holidays.

17 hours ago, immamac said:

Yes. Lots. 

16 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

lol fair point 

Courts and litigation often slow down that’s true but not deals. It’s a rare holiday season where I make it though thanksgiving and Christmas without busting my ass on one or more deals. This year was no exception.  If a deal needs to be done here it’s getting done. In the end, lawyers are just the hired help so if timing requires it, kiss your kids good night and outsource Santa because you’re back at the office bubba.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I don’t expect us to hire a new head coach during the season, but if Terry is the head coach the rest of the season, we need to add an assistant. Particularly one that would fill the role of Terry’s old position that focuses on defense 

Ogden moved over to the coaching side. 

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

He’s been thrown in the fire out of necessity to backfill, but we need an experienced defensive coach 

Ogden has been in Div. I coaching for almost 20 years.  He has experience, including ten years at an assistant at major programs (Texas, Tech, and Tenn.) where his focus was on defense for the most part.  His head coaching stint at UT-A saw a respectable SRS and OP/G stat lines.  Plus his wife's a MILF.  

I don't know anything but I was at the game last night as a guest of a BMD and was privy to a conversation in the Germania club that jibes with what Derka said.  I'm no longer optimistic that we'll be able to keep him.  As most have said, the over riding factor is what's best for The University. 

That being said, I trust Del Conte to make the best hire possible and it won't be Terry.

• Hook 'Em 4

54 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

So what is Derka saying is supposed to happen today exactly? And for what reason?

several of us have said the exact same thing, and none of us have said that anything is happening for certain today. super shocker that you singled out my comment though. 

also, you're an actual retard if you can't read between the lines of, "chris beard probably not gonna be our coach ever again." but why waste an opportunity to have my name in your mouth. derka, barnes, derka, barnes. any excuse to bring up either one of us. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, Felix said:

I don't know anything but I was at the game last night as a guest of a BMD and was privy to a conversation in the Germania club that jibes with what Derka said.  I'm no longer optimistic that we'll be able to keep him.  As most have said, the over riding factor is what's best for The University. 

That being said, I trust Del Conte to make the best hire possible and it won't be Terry.

Not saying this isn’t true but everyone in the Germania Club thinks they know stuff. Just last night I would have someone profess he was coming back and then five min later someone would say the opposite. 
I will say that for the first time I noticed that people were openly saying that they wanted him back and that this year is shaping up to be a huge missed opportunity. 

Edited by CTC2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Felix said:

pos rep for correct usage of "jibe". 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

several of us have said the exact same thing, and none of us have said that anything is happening for certain today. super shocker that you singled out my comment though. 

also, you're an actual retard if you can't read between the lines of, "chris beard probably not gonna be our coach ever again." but why waste an opportunity to have my name in your mouth. derka, barnes, derka, barnes. any excuse to bring up either one of us. 

Dude you need mental help 

It was a very simple question asked without animus or negativity. Relax 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Dude you need mental help 

It was a very simple question asked without animus or negativity. Relax 

- drops purposely authoritative nugget yesterday

- no further comment, even when asked several times

- gets pissed at you for zero reason

Yeah he doesn’t make things about himself. Lol. 

21 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

- drops purposely authoritative nugget yesterday

- no further comment, even when asked several times

- gets pissed at you for zero reason

Yeah he doesn’t make things about himself. Lol. 

-i have no idea what a "purposely authoritative nugget" is

-i did give further comment

-"for zero reason"- motown constantly having my name in his mouth and trolling me for years is "zero reason." motown singling out my post after 3-4 other said the exact same thing = zero reason. okie dokie rex.

motown has spent a wildly inordinate amount of time on this board speaking derisively to/about both me and rick barnes. he trolls me me sport. he's been going out of his way to do so for years, and that's not a secret or breaking news. so even if his question was legitimately an honest one (which it wasn't), when *that dude* singles me out, and in such a disingenuous way ("but what is derka saying when he says that beard is probably gone?!?"), he gets zero benefit of the doubt.

Edited by shadow_operative

I asked a simple question in a polite manner and you've now written multiple angry paragraphs in response. I won't respond to you after this post, but please get a grip dude.

I wasn't trying to troll/trigger you, but man if I was trying to troll/trigger you I would have gotten exactly what I wanted.

I hope you have a great 2023. For real. Just relax. It's fine. You don't have to constantly wage Internet war with everyone.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi