Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

13 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I don't disagree.  Chris should've sacked up and kicked her to the curb but I think we've all stayed in a relationship too long.  I think he had his "I've had enough" moment when he should've walked away.  No doubt.  I don't have any respect for her and I hope she sleeps in the bed she made.

Bags of hush money are kind of uncomfortable to sleep on… so I’ve heard. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

Well shit.

I was beginning to get pretty pumped at the thought of the 2024 Big 12/SEC basketball challenge.

No doubt... I mean no doubt at all that Texas would be scheduled against Ole Miss in Austin.

The signs alone would have been epic.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...

ESPN did not renew the series. It is over. And the SEC is starting an SEC/ACC bball challenge.

Fuck a duck.

Classy presser. "The details of the report aren't accurate, but I can't tell you what wasn't accurate.

Translation: "Yes I did grab her by the throat, bite her, hit her, kick her, and throw her around. But look at Randi's "retraction" which confirmed a physical assault took place! I'm innocent. She started it. Hey look I brought my daughters!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Well shit.

I was beginning to get pretty pumped at the thought of the 2024 Big 12/SEC basketball challenge.

No doubt... I mean no doubt at all that Texas would be scheduled against Ole Miss in Austin.

The signs alone would have been epic.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...

ESPN did not renew the series. It is over. And the SEC is starting an SEC/ACC bball challenge.

Fuck a duck.

We will be in the SEC next year.  We're gonna play them.

CB has a solid plan to ensure nothing like what happened (that was nothing like what you think) will ever happen again: (1) sabotage her phone charger so his next cray cray GF can't call the police without asking to borrow his phone, and (2) don't wear glasses around his cray cray GF so she can't ask for a good choking by messing with them.

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

We could play them in a post season tournament in March of 2024.  

Correct…I’d probably wait to make this prediction until I see who Beard can get to coach with him, who he gets in the portal, who our coach is, and who is staying/going. 

But yes, you’re correct.

Just looked at who Ole Miss has already had enter the portal and what they have returning. I'll go out on a limb and say they will not make the tournament next year unless he just brings in an all-time haul from the portal with multiple all-conference guys. They went 3-15 in a mediocre SEC this year. Beard talks a big game about not doing rebuilds but the Tech team he took over made the tournament the prior year and went 6-12 in Big 12 play his first year.

I'm assuming Beard will follow his usual scheduling model of not challenging a new team much and trying to build chemistry, which will be risky come conference play because he will probably need to win 9 or 10 SEC games to get in.

Edited by Hookem2147

27 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Just looked at who Ole Miss has already had enter the portal and what they have returning. I'll go out on a limb and say they will not make the tournament next year unless he just brings in an all-time haul from the portal with multiple all-conference guys. They went 3-15 in a mediocre SEC this year. Beard talks a big game about not doing rebuilds but the Tech team he took over made the tournament the prior year and went 6-12 in Big 12 play his first year.

I'm assuming Beard will follow his usual scheduling model of not challenging a new team much and trying to build chemistry, which will be risky come conference play because he will probably need to win 9 or 10 SEC games to get in.

Fuck him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Prediction.   Ole Miss to the Chris Beard Invitational in 2024 post season.  Or CBI, if you will.  

(checks notes, real tournament.  Possible lawsuit)

DAMMIT!

Last I heard the CBI charges entry fees. Don't give up. Everyone (and every invitational) has a price.

14 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I think you’re going a bit off the deep end. 

First of all, I’d argue throughout its history rich and powerful people in this country have gotten away with a lot of really awful things. Even things worse than being an accessory to murder and domestic violence. 

I’d also say that right still triumphs wrong. But certainly not every time. There are huge benefits to breaking rules. It’s up to everyone else to make sure there are consequences, too  

None of that is to make you feel better necessarily. It’s certainly not to be dismissive of how you’re feeling. But I do feel like you’re drawing some pretty extreme conclusions from Miller and Beard. 

I’m not challenging you to find examples which make your conclusion even more powerfully, mind you. We know they’re out there. I’d just say that all is not lost, and there’s always different perspectives that aren’t necessarily our own. 

They're not going off the deep end, if anything they're understating it. Name just one rich, powerful person (in America, in recent memory) off the top of your head that has faced meaningful, lasting consequences for their actions that didn't involve A) stealing from other rich people, or B) literal murder.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

They're not going off the deep end, if anything they're understating it. Name just one rich, powerful person (in America, in recent memory) off the top of your head that has faced meaningful, lasting consequences for their actions that didn't involve A) stealing from other rich people, or B) literal murder.

As opposed to the historic America where that happened all the time? Or the rest of civilization?

You want to know when rich powerful people face real consequences? I mean, lasting, life altering consequences? When there's a revolution or the country is conquered. So if you're embittered by the state of affairs so much you're wanting to pull the guillotines out, or you're wanting to see the proletariat break their chains and win the world that was promised to them, have at it. That's certainly the way we're headed, although it's unclear which side is going to be the Hutus, and which side is going to be the Tutsis. 

But to come to that conclusion based on Miller and Beard is an overdramatization, IMO. Plenty of people have been getting away with what they did and worse since the dawn of man, and certainly since the Constitution was ratified. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Who cares about anything anymore. Politics and the stock market has shown us all that no one rich and powerful is ever held accountable for anything. This country didn’t used to suck this much. At least occasionally right would triumph wrong and someone would get taken down. Now? Nope. It’s a free for all.  

Trew dat!

4 minutes ago, El Squared said:

So Oats tho allows the guy who transported the murder weapon to play, and is even celebrated. Of course he knew nothing and is automatically innocent, as he plays BB very well.....nothing to see here.

And now Oats and bama are playing the victim card saying the player  needs armed security. And the poor player is having to deal with bullies on social media.   Just sick. 

15 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I think you’re going a bit off the deep end. 

On 3/15/2023 at 6:48 AM, SL Xpress said:

I hope Ole Miss loses every basketball game while he's the coach. 

On 3/14/2023 at 12:36 PM, Horn Dog said:

How about this....

"My relationship with Chris not only consisted of continuous physical abuse, but also relentless emotional and psychological abuse.  He manipulated and gaslighted me, and threatened to ruin me and my family unless I denounced the felonious actions that resulted in me calling the authorities for help that night.  Like many abused women, I soon fell back under his web of lies, and allowed myself to be manipulated into making a false statement under the pretense that this was "best for us".  But once Chris had no more use for me, he disposed of me like the narcissist that he is.   With the advantage of time and distance,  the true breath of his manipulation and abuse over many years has become painfully undeniable.  To be clear, he did choke me that night.  He strangled me till I was seconds from death.  The bite me and punched me and told me I was nothing without him.  Unfortunately I believed him.  To any recruit's mother that may read this, keep your preciously child away from this manipulative monster.  Your child may win some games, but the emotional damage he will endure will not be worth the price.  To any AD that may entrust him to care for impressionable young men.... may God have mercy on your soul. " 

Fuck me did ChatGPT write that?

49 minutes ago, El Squared said:

So Oats tho allows the guy who transported the murder weapon to play, and is even celebrated. Of course he knew nothing and is automatically innocent, as he plays BB very well.....nothing to see here.

And I'm still waiting for somebody to explain to me how Jamie Dixon is coaching in this tournament a week after being accused of racial abuse by a player who quit his team...

None of this excuses Beard, obv.  I still think she is as crazy and violent and probably alcoholic as he is and they should stay away from each other.  But he put his hands on a woman, so even if she's got some blame there, too, I'm glad we sent him packing.

But it is strange to me that some things have consequences and others don't...

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I mean, Nixon and Gary Hart were both ruined by things that would be a blip on the radar for politicians of their standing today.   Michael Milken actually went to prison and was fined $600,000,000 personally (would be like 2 billion in today’s dollars).  You could say he should have had to stay in prison longer and he was still rich when he got out, but at least it was something.  Also, underscoring the decline in standards, he was pardoned in 2020.

You can make comparisons to the Gilded Age or point out that Genghis Khan didn’t have to face consequences all you want, but I think most of our lifetimes included periods when society at large had higher ethical standards than we have now, regardless of your power or status.

Wait, we're including Milken?

But we're going to pass right over Madoff, Stanford, or Bankman-Fied? Or Epstein? 

Al Franken wasn't a a front runner for his party, but he was a powerful Senator who was forced to resign. Tom Delay had to step down. I'd even include Tom Craddick in the state house of representatives, who was kicked out of the speaker of the house position for being a complete and utter dick. 

I just think we can cherry pick all we want. The fact is the rich and powerful get away with more than the poor. To think that's not going to happen, or to think it didn't happen at some point in some kind of imaginary past, is kidding ourselves. You know when it didn't happen? When the French royalty lost their heads. Or the Tsar and their court were executed. Or all the Cubans had to flee to Florida. So if you're really up in arms about it all, start organizing for a blood bath. Because history shows that's what it takes. 

Not to mention the idea we're talking about Nixon, Hart, Milken and Genghis Khan in one breath, and then...Beard and Miller? That screams to me a strange equivalence. I'm not saying the sentiment is completely wrong. I'm saying coming to that conclusion based on those two men feels similar to me when I hear the cries of wokeness being the downfall of Silicon Valley Bank. 

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Milken was a lot murkier than straight up stealing people’s deposits like Madoff and SBF.  

Tom Delay … ok, you’re citing things from 20 years ago.  Tom Delay now would have his own Fuck You Pay Me Caucus.

I didn't know what timeline we were going for. 

The point is wealthy people face consequences. They just don't face them as often, and it takes a whole lot more to ever bring them down. That's no different today than it's been previously. And as was alluded to previously, it helps a lot if they've fucked over some other wealthy, powerful people. I just think you're wanting a fantasy that has never existed. It's better now than it has been in some ways. It's worse now than it has been in some ways. And the biggest point I'm trying to make in this whole conversation, is that to focus on Beard and Miller as some kind of exemplar for the state of our society in general is missing a considerable amount of context. 

22 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

In Beard’s intro press conference he preached about being a Monday night program and uniting the fan base. There was so much déjà vu, I give it 18 months until Beard gets arrested on 3rd degree felony charges once again.

I'm gonna go with a DWI within 2 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I’m of the opinion that we shouldn’t have fired him until the dust settled. Don’t hate him for taking a job and getting his life back on track.

I don't understand this post. So wait until the dust settled and then fired him? How does that change anything? Are you sure you don't mean to say we shouldn't have fired him until the legal system ran its course, and then once the charges were dropped kept him on at the job?

2 hours ago, El Squared said:

The coward belongs in jail where he should be awaiting trial as an accessory to murder. Anyone that thinks he did not know something really bad was about to transpire with that gun probably also believes Ray Lewis was innocent too. Instead this athlete plays in the tournament because, reasons. What a time to be alive.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't understand this post. So wait until the dust settled and then fired him? How does that change anything? Are you sure you don't mean to say we shouldn't have fired him until the legal system ran its course, and then once the charges were dropped kept him on at the job?

Yes, that was my point. Wait until everything played out until deciding to fire him or not. We bowed to public pressure too quickly. In my opinion, Oates’ handling of their situation is worse than what Beard got fired for once the legal process played out but Alabama is going to come out of their situation just fine apparently.

9 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Yes, that was my point. Wait until everything played out until deciding to fire him or not. We bowed to public pressure too quickly. In my opinion, Oates’ handling of their situation is worse than what Beard got fired for once the legal process played out but Alabama is going to come out of their situation just fine apparently.

I don't see the situation with Beard and Oats as comparable as you. I also don't think I'm looking at the situation at Alabama as just fine. But you're certainly not the only person who thinks Beard should have kept his job. I don't agree with you, but it doesn't matter that much since he doesn't, in fact, still have his job. Mostly I wish he had not put himself in a position to get arrested that night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

He was the fifth highest paid coach in the country. The chances Mississippi is approaching that is zero. Just like his salary before he took the job. 

You're probably right but it's not like Ole Miss shies away from paying well for big name coaches. Google tells me Kiffin is pulling in $9M a year, which is a lot more than what we pay Sark.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck Chris Beard. I look forward to him failing at Ole Miss, losing horribly at Moody where the crowd holds up mugshot cutouts, getting piss drunk afterwards, finding himself in a threesome of despair with Trevor Bauer and Amber Heard, and then ending things in a David Carradine autoerotic asphyxiation blaze of glory.

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi