New GOP Congressman's entire resume is faked

Orale

We don't have the cash.  We committed it to getting John Oates during baseball series with UW (Sugar Bowl corpses) & SXSW over Spring  Break.  But now you got your speaking fees, your damn unions, and fucking Daryl Hall's restraining order.  This is why we can't have nice things! 

Mark my word, 2024...we settle all family business.  We sweep Washington in football and baseball (maybe even March Madness in hoops, who knows?).  We murder Daryl Hall and successfully frame Joey Buttafuoco for it.  And George Santos ends up getting blown by Ivanka Trump before Donald does, much to the chagrin of all of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/5/2023 at 7:55 AM, GenXer said:

image.jpeg.a1b152652242fc2f325006a043db25ec.jpeg

Book now on Cameo. lulz.

https://www.semafor.com/article/12/06/2023/george-santos-is-earning-six-figures-from-cameo-videos

George Santos is earning six figures from Cameo videos

"...Santos said — and screenshots and the CEO of Cameo confirmed — that he has lined up more than that sum in his first 48 hours on the platform. People pay between $200 and $300 to Santos for various flavors of communication. The videos can take less than a minute to film, and the platform has brought millions of dollars to the occasional campy, game, minor celebrity like the late comedian Gilbert Gottfried.

Santos “is going to be an absolute whale,” Cameo’s founder and CEO, Steven Galanis, told Semafor. His launch, Galanis said, is among the platform’s best ever: “Sarah Jessica Parker, Bon Jovi — he’s putting numbers up like that,” he said."

4 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

https://www.semafor.com/article/12/06/2023/george-santos-is-earning-six-figures-from-cameo-videos

"...Santos said — and screenshots and the CEO of Cameo confirmed — that he has lined up more than that sum in his first 48 hours on the platform. People pay between $200 and $300 to Santos for various flavors of communication. The videos can take less than a minute to film, and the platform has brought millions of dollars to the occasional campy, game, minor celebrity like the late comedian Gilbert Gottfried.

Santos “is going to be an absolute whale,” Cameo’s founder and CEO, Steven Galanis, told Semafor. His launch, Galanis said, is among the platform’s best ever: “Sarah Jessica Parker, Bon Jovi — he’s putting numbers up like that,” he said."

He is a master level grifter.

On 12/6/2023 at 10:03 AM, TexasHooch said:

antos “is going to be an absolute whale,” Cameo’s founder and CEO, Steven Galanis, told Semafor. His launch, Galanis said, is among the platform’s best ever: “Sarah Jessica Parker, Bon Jovi — he’s putting numbers up like that,” he said."

Why?  Why on earth would anyone spend money on something like this?  Is it some sort of money laundering scheme because I can't figure out how that would work.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

My take: this is the first time that app is getting widespread media coverage, so I'd expect the CEO to take advantage with statements like that trying to generate as much buzz as possible. Who knows if the numbers actually back it up - they likely don't. 

How long has it been so Santos' expulsion, 10 days now? He's noticeably getting less and less relevant in headlines and my guess is that will continue. By end of year I doubt we'll be seeing much of anything about him...until his next court appearance/plea deal. 

On 12/6/2023 at 10:03 AM, TexasHooch said:

George, "I tell ya...I was ten stories tall if I was a foot!"  

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 6:03 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Which new surly is the old Rex Kramer?  I can't keep 'em all straight.

This would actually be a helpful board discussion thread - the “Sock Thread” - a one-stop easy listing to keep track of who-is-who in the ever changing world of new socks continuing old banned posters’ ass-hattery.

There is some content about this sprinkled throughout the shit posters and gone posters threads, but it would be far easier to track them in one place.

35 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

This would actually be a helpful board discussion thread - the “Sock Thread” - a one-stop easy listing to keep track of who-is-who in the ever changing world of new socks continuing old banned posters’ ass-hattery.

There is some content about this sprinkled throughout the shit posters and gone posters threads, but it would be far easier to track them in one place.

I can tell you right now that Boss Hogg is GRUhorn.

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Santos is emblematic of our society and political culture right now. He'll make a good bit of money, flame out, go to jail, and die 23 years from now in some obscure sexual situation, forgotten. 

Someone should dedicate a public toilet to his memory.

"In memory of George Santos. A man so full of shit ...much like this toilet."

Santos is emblematic of our society and political culture right now. He'll make a good bit of money, flame out, go to jail, and die 23 years from now in some obscure sexual situation, forgotten. 

If he's forgotten, shit is about to get even worse than I've thought. 

• Like 2

An "obscure sexual situation, forgotten"? Oh, no. I binged the last three seasons of this train wreck. There better be a big payoff on the end or I will be pissed. Get the original showrunners back for the last season. I want something new and original. I want the CSI guys to look at the dead body and ask, "You can die from that?"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 12/6/2023 at 11:03 AM, TexasHooch said:

What will it cost to get Santos to sing on Cameo the song called “Talkin out the side of your neck.” by Cameo? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What a clown show. CNN with a story: https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/07/politics/george-santos-running-again/index.html

Former GOP Rep. George Santos, who was expelled from the House last year and is facing federal charges, announced Thursday night that he’s running for Congress again — this time to challenge a Republican congressman in New York.

“Tonight, I want to announce that I will be returning to the arena of politics and challenging Nick for the battle over #NY1,” Santos wrote on X, referring to GOP Rep. Nick LaLota. “I look forward to debating him on the issues and on his weak record as a Republican. The fight for our majority is imperative for the survival of the country.”

The former congressman, who had represented New York’s 3rd District, made his announcement during President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address Thursday — during which he was spotted at the US Capitol.

Santos enters a battleground contest in New York that’s among several races in the state that could decide the House majority – though he’ll face steep odds for his comeback bid, even setting aside his personal baggage, in challenging an incumbent in a June primary.

LaLota quickly hit back at Santos’ new bid Thursday night. “To raise the standard in Congress, and to hold a pathological liar who stole an election accountable, I led the charge to expel George Santos. If finishing the job requires beating him in a primary, count me in,” LaLota said.

LaLota had introduced a resolution to expel his fellow New York Republican last fall, saying that he deserved “to be in prison.”

In his announcement for his new campaign, Santos called his former colleague a RINO, or Republican in Name Only. “New York hasn’t had a real conservative represent them since I left office arbitrarily, thanks to RINO, empty suits like @nicklalota,” he wrote on X.

A crowded field of Democrats has assembled to try to flip New York’s 1st District, which is rated Lean Republican by Inside Elections with Nathan L. Gonzales.

John Avlon, a former CNN commentator, and Nancy Goroff, a professor emeritus at Stony Brook University who lost a bid for the House in 2020, are among the lead contenders on the Democratic side.

“Bring it on,” Avlon said in a statement Thursday night responding to Santos’ new campaign.

The Santos for Congress campaign also filed organization paperwork with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday night, stating his intention to run in the 1st District. The campaign’s new filing identified the return of a treasurer who previously worked for Santos.

Santos is the sixth lawmaker ever to be expelled from the chamber. He has separately pleaded not guilty to 23 federal charges, including allegations of fraud related to Covid-19 unemployment benefits, misusing campaign funds and lying about his personal finances on House disclosure reports.

• Like 1

Is Santos the person we deserve, because of how we've allowed this timeline to develop?  Absolutely, 100%.

Pathologically psychotic piece of shit winning a congressional seat, and repeatedly running for one?  Fuck yes, we're a joke of a country, might as well make it over-the-top.  Subtlety is for pussy libtards.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

49419f0b5d9af95e9f60510ca37b92bb

George Santos ends comeback bid for Congress after raising no money

Former U.S. Rep. George Santos on Tuesday said he is dropping his longshot bid to return to Congress, months after he was expelled from the House while facing a slew of federal fraud charges.

Santos, who was running as an independent candidate for the 1st Congressional District in New York, said he was withdrawing from the race in a post on the social media platform X.

The announcement came after the disgraced former congressman’s campaign committee reported no fundraising or expenditures in March, raising speculation that his campaign had failed to get off the ground.

Santos last month launched a campaign to challenge Republican Rep. Nick LaLota in the GOP primary for the eastern Long Island congressional district, which is a different district than the one he previously represented. Weeks later, Santos said he was leaving the Republican Party and would instead run for the seat as an independent.

“Although Nick and I don’t have the same voting record and I remain critical of his abysmal record, I don’t want to split the ticket and be responsible for handing the house to Dems,” Santos wrote on X, adding, “Staying in this race all but guarantees a victory for the Dems in the race.”

Santos was expelled from the House in December following a damaging ethics committee report that determined there was “overwhelming evidence” of lawbreaking and that he “cannot be trusted.” He was just the sixth member expelled by colleagues in the chamber’s history.

The former congressman has pleaded not guilty to federal charges that include deceiving Congress about his wealth, stealing from his campaign and obtaining unemployment benefits he didn’t deserve. He has a trial tentatively scheduled for later this year.

In his post on X, Santos did not rule out seeking office in the future.

“It’s only goodbye for now,” he wrote, “I’ll be back.”

• Haha 4