the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

15 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

I wonder how long until the Freedom Caucus can't take it any longer and abandons the GOP.   It would be incredibly stupid, but when you consider who makes up the FC, it becomes something not out of the realm of possibility.

Their man is tanned, rested, and ready to fight vaccines.

Robert F Kennedy Rfk Jr GIF by GIPHY News

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Until the year 2126.  

0TcQAG.gif

Pretty wild that that song came out in the 60s

Spoiler

In each succeeding millennium, life becomes increasingly sedentary and automated: thoughts are pre-programmed into pills for people to consume, eyes, teeth, and limbs all lose their purposes due to machines replacing their functions, and marriage becomes obsolete because children are conceived in test tubes.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

NBA guys weren’t really that rich back then.  They all worked at each others camps in the summer.  This was Rolando Blackman and Derek Harpers camp.    I don’t recall what my mom paid for me to go, but it wasn’t very expensive.  Maybe $100-200 for 3 or 4 days.  Probably 2X what it would’ve cost to send me to daycare, and a whole lot cooler.  Watching Spud, Clyde, and Nique have an impromptu dunk contest in a middle school gym is a fond memory.

Man that camp sounded great. I wanted to go to that but I didn't play basketball, so my Grandma signed me up for the Herschel Walker football camp. I ended up missing it, but years later I met a guy who went, and he told me that football camp with Herschel Walker was like being coached by Mitch Hedberg.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Haha 2

"I'm from Ohio and there's a lot of ... what do you call it? People in wolf's clothing? I'm from Ohio and we don't deal with bullcrap just like Jordan."

"So you're for Jim Jordan?"

"I said I'm from Ohio."

"Well that doesn't mean you're necessarily for Jim Jordan."

"He represents Ohio, doesn't he?!"

Just now, FirstTimeCaller said:

"I'm from Ohio and there's a lot of ... what do you call it? People in wolf's clothing? I'm from Ohio and we don't deal with bullcrap just like Jordan."

"So you're for Jim Jordan?"

"I said I'm from Ohio."

"Well that doesn't mean you're necessarily for Jim Jordan."

"He represents Ohio, doesn't he?!"

That moron doesn't understand that there are ppl from Ohio  who are in Congress.

man a lot of Jesus praying for Jordan 

Right now call of the house  #s

Quorum

Rep: 218

Dem: 206

Total: 424

so far NV 9

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

You can't have it both ways, Jim. Either tell them to knock it off or just own it you fucking brownshirt loon:

If he's so powerless to control his own minions then why should he be Speaker?  Won't he be equally as powerless there?

It's amazing.  The entire government is on hold during an international crisis so Gym Fucking Jordan can try to be Speaker.

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jordan can’t even get through the Cs or Ds without losing. McCarthy previously ran thru many speaker votes because he was moving the needle. Jordan seems like he wants to underscore the people who are voting against him so the MAGA machinery can go after those reps.

This is it.  He's waiting for violence to be done so that the rest fall in line.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

Two so far (Fitzgerald-PA and Kean-NJ) and we're through the Ks. Both are from districts Biden won.

CNN said that Crenshaw is on record that this is the last vote that he goes with Jordan. Of course that doesn’t mean he wouldnt flip back if the numbers were there for Jordan.