Joe Biden 2023: The Dark Brandon Rises

StassneyHorn

11 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

So I heard that trump is leading biden in the polls at the moment, and I was going to ask how the fuck is that possible, and then ^^^^ I got my answer.

Polls 15 months out are horrible predictors of the election. Just ask President Romney and President Hillary Clinton. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

So I heard that trump is leading biden in the polls at the moment, and I was going to ask how the fuck is that possible, and then ^^^^ I got my answer.

they're using antiquated polling like "approval rating" because that shit mattered 20 years ago.  if biden's approval rating was 42% that doesn't mean that 58% of likely voters are going to vote for trump.

also the big poll that came out recently that got some traction with the media had to include a double sample of republicans.  do you know why?  because it's hard to find people who are registered republicans.  there's a reason for that.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

they're using antiquated polling like "approval rating" because that shit mattered 20 years ago.  if biden's approval rating was 42% that doesn't mean that 58% of likely voters are going to vote for trump.

also the big poll that came out recently that got some traction with the media had to include a double sample of republicans.  do you know why?  because it's hard to find people who are registered republicans.  there's a reason for that.

But certain people will point to that poll as proof the election was rigged when Trump gets his ass beat

It’s also one poll. Most polling at this stage has Biden with a slight lead, and of course enough undecided to swing it either way.

But like Js1 said, it’s junk food at this stage and will be until a year from now.

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Creative in that a NASCAR announcer came up with it to cover up their public, classless dumbassery.

i doubt it was even that involved.  trackside is loud and she had earpiece in with a producer talking through it and heard chanting.  so her brain just matched up.  i can't hear music lyrics for shit and that's trying, so i know the feeling.

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

My FIL cited that as a case of the MSM lying. 

these people are really fucking weird.

Edited by elfenix

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv4o5geo2rm/
Biden telling some guy reading from a script on his phone he's full of shit.  

We need more cussing from our leaders. I’m serious. Enough with decorum. You grab attention with sharp and abrupt statements:
That’s bullshit.
God, you’re just an asshole.
You’re a fucking liar.
That’s fucking stupid.
No fucking way.
Fuck off, liar.
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the only polls that matter are local to michigan, wisconsin, pennsylvania, arizona, georgia, and nevada. 

polling in any other state is masturbation.

True but I am told that Florida is a swing state and, like always,  go either way and is too close to call and therefore deserves a tremendous amount of attention and polling resources.  Also, I am also told that Texas is on the verge of some demographic tsunami and will go blue any day now!  

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the only polls that matter are local to michigan, wisconsin, pennsylvania, arizona, georgia, and nevada. 

Add NC to that. The Biden strategy seems to be securing the blue wall, retaining AZ/GA/NV and investing in NC - Biden only lost it by 74k votes and it has a very competitive governor race in 2024. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Js1 said:

Add NC to that. The Biden strategy seems to be securing the blue wall, retaining AZ/GA/NV and investing in NC - Biden only lost it by 74k votes and it has a very competitive governor race in 2024. 

wItHoUt ThE eLeCtOrAl CoLlEgE cAnDiDaTeS wOuLd OnLy FoCuS oN a FeW sTaTeS

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

Impacted borrowers with IDR plans should expect to receive emails from their loan servicers with the subject line "Your student loans have been forgiven" and a message of "Congratulations! The Biden-Harris Administration has forgiven your federal student loan(s) listed below with [servicer name] in full."

In all, the debt relief announced by the Biden administration so far totals $116.6 billion for more than 3.4 million borrowers, according to the Department of Education.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

14 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

804,000 student loans being forgiven starting today. People were primarily in Income driven repayment plans.

Brandon just buying votes now

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/biden-administration-begins-wiping-student-loan-debt-804000/story?id=102264052

Good for them.  I hope they are able to make a better life for themselves without worrying about student loan debt.  

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

804,000 student loans being forgiven starting today. People were primarily in Income driven repayment plans.

Brandon just buying votes now

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/biden-administration-begins-wiping-student-loan-debt-804000/story?id=102264052

17 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Impacted borrowers with IDR plans should expect to receive emails from their loan servicers with the subject line "Your student loans have been forgiven" and a message of "Congratulations! The Biden-Harris Administration has forgiven your federal student loan(s) listed below with [servicer name] in full."

In all, the debt relief announced by the Biden administration so far totals $116.6 billion for more than 3.4 million borrowers, according to the Department of Education.

aaaand this how you continue to stave off a recession. hundreds to thousands of dollars a month go back into the pockets of a decent chunk of the population. that's enough spending money to tickle the economy's balls for a while. 

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Ya know, my wife and I are so thankful to have just finished paying off 100% of both of our student debts in full - and you know how I feel seeing all these people getting their debt forgiven???

Fucking thrilled and happy for them!

so many ladder pullers in this society. it's maddening

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/12/2023 at 11:15 PM, henrygandorf said:

No wonder there’s so much polling going on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

On 8/15/2023 at 2:20 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so many ladder pullers in this society. it's maddening

My loans have 3-4 more years I think but hell the structure of loans way back was so good for students borrowers I think it would be wrong for mine to be paid. I got my government subsidy the way it was originally intended. The last 15 years borrowers got fucked. Good for them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I simply don't get how anyone could have a problem with any of their fellow citizens getting a leg up. Boosting up those who have little boosts everyone. Brandon is quietly chipping away at the progressive agenda. He may not fully harvest his efforts, but he sure is planting a lot of seeds. This is how real change comes about

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I simply don't get how anyone could have a problem with any of their fellow citizens getting a leg up. Boosting up those who have little boosts everyone. 

"A rising tide should only lift corporate boats". Duh. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

I heard from a couple of friends and family members that had their student loan debt forgiven. This is going to change their financial situation big time. My niece who is a physical therapist said she is now officially debt free.

This is Dark Brandon's America.

style-blogs-the-gq-eye-BIDEN-campaign-po

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 2:02 PM, Js1 said:

Polls are horrible predictors of the election since 2012.

FIFY.

All polling is subject to severe biasing in sampling. 

Landline polls:  Who has polls and will spend a few minutes answering a poll?   Skews heavily older.
Internet polls:    Skews young and urban
on the street polls:  Sample affected severely by where.  Rich, poor, minority, white.  Where are you polling?

Sampling diversity is difficult, but is required now.  Nearly all major polling operations combine polling methods.  Back before 2012, they were heavily landline telephone based.

5 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Are they republicans? Interested if it Bidens forgiveness caused them to short circuit.

My niece's parents are Evangelical Republicans. I gave them a call this evening and while they are happy for their daughter they will not be voting for Brandon because queers and abortion.

• Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, F250 said:

My niece's parents are Evangelical Republicans. I gave them a call this evening and while they are happy for their daughter they will not be voting for Brandon because queers and abortion.

And they will die sad and angry and probably soon. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I simply don't get how anyone could have a problem with any of their fellow citizens getting a leg up. Boosting up those who have little boosts everyone. Brandon is quietly chipping away at the progressive agenda. He may not fully harvest his efforts, but he sure is planting a lot of seeds. This is how real change comes about

13 hours ago, NWBuck said:

"A rising tide should only lift corporate boats". Duh. 

If I was a realtor, I'd want as many people as possible to have their student debt go away, since many might decide to buy a house once they are clear of that debt.

But I'm sure there aren't many MAGA realtors.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If I was a realtor, I'd want as many people as possible to have their student debt go away, since many might decide to buy a house once they are clear of that debt.

clearing debt will (should) pump that same money into the economy, which is the thing republicans always act like they care about.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Well not since like 700 of them got arrested on federal crimes.  

• Haha 1