Tom Sizemore is on his deathbed

Parliament

@Nice Guy Eddie mentioned his Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew appearance on the Celebrity Death Pool thread in DT. That was 13 years ago, and that was after a prolonged spiral into drugs. He’s had issues for a long time. Hollywood must be a weird place when you’re on the fringes, barely making it financially and physically, yet everyone still knows who you are, tugging at you. 

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

@Nice Guy Eddie mentioned his Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew appearance on the Celebrity Death Pool thread in DT. That was 13 years ago, and that was after a prolonged spiral into drugs. He’s had issues for a long time. Hollywood must be a weird place when you’re on the fringes, barely making it financially and physically, yet everyone still knows who you are, tugging at you. 

His wikipedia page details drug problems back to when he was 15. 46 years ago. And he obviously didn't come across as an occasional, recreational user. Getting to 61 may have been a miracle.

This one will hurt.  He was in several of the best action films of the last 30 years and was often the glue that held an ensemble cast together. He just had a natural ease for action acting. 

There’s a moment in Saving Private Ryan on the beach where he takes out a dip in the course of a scene transition.  It’s such a little movement, but it was so natural and easy.  Just a bit of umami, so to speak, that makes the shot .

For me, the action is the juice.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

I'm a fucking idiot.... as if there was any doubt.

actually it's funny.... that It's Always Sunny scene was supposed to have Michael Madsen as the trucker, but he abruptly left the country due to... child support or back taxes or some shit and they were able to get Sizemore to step in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

There’s a moment in Saving Private Ryan on the beach where he takes out a dip in the course of a scene transition.  It’s such a little movement, but it was so natural and easy.  Just a bit of umami, so to speak, that makes the shot .

In the landing craft.  All the kids were puking.  He just looked around and dug out a big wad of chaw.

28 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

if either dylan mcdermott or dermot mulroney become gravely ill, maybe just sit that thread out

sorry for the thread diversion but there's another actor who is in this exact q zone of actor (sameish look, curlier hair, possibly irish or something, played similar roles in 90s movies) that I've been trying to remember since Christmas, if anyone knows who I'm talking about

54 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Ha, I was thinking about making a joke about how Michael Madsen needs to watch out, the Grim Reaper may make a mistake. 

Regarding tagging Elizabeth Hurley, the guy who was definitely tagging Elizabeth Hurley risked it all for a blow job from a street whore, so maybe EH wasn’t all that. 

EH and Hugh Grant are both dirty whores.  She had an anchor baby with Steven Bing on a one night stand, and he’s got a couple of baby mommas.  They are apparently best friends, I think she’s like a godmother and even helped raise one of his kids. 

5 hours ago, Parliament said:

He had a great run in the 1990's, but cocaine is a hell of a drug.  I know Surly is very...surly, but I hope we can each muster some kind thoughts.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/27/entertainment/tom-sizemore-end-of-life-decision/index.html

Screenshot_20230228-092510_Chrome.jpg

I’m shocked he’s still alive, but proof that cocaine can extend life expectancy 

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Regarding tagging Elizabeth Hurley, the guy who was definitely tagging Elizabeth Hurley risked it all for a blow job from a street whore, so maybe EH wasn’t all that. 

no way I hell EH puts any effort into a blow job, if she even went down that road 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Man, god bless the guy at this stage.  Usually liked him in anything I saw him in.  But looking back, didn't realize he did some garbage films.  But holy shit, did you know he played Pete Rose?  Had no idea.  godspeed Tom though, you'll always be my favorite character in True Romance.  And that's fucking saying something.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

sorry for the thread diversion but there's another actor who is in this exact q zone of actor (sameish look, curlier hair, possibly irish or something, played similar roles in 90s movies) that I've been trying to remember since Christmas, if anyone knows who I'm talking about

Eric Bogosian, John Hannah, George Newborn?