2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

35 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

All I know is we'd better win at least 8-9 and we'd better beat the fucking brakes off BYU. We still owe them 2 for the Hill games. We only get to give them 1 so it better be a good 1. 

I'll believe conference win when I see it. 

Too soon

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

All I know is we'd better win at least 11 and we'd better beat the fucking brakes off BYU. We still owe them 2 for the Hill games. We only get to give them 1 so it better be a good 1. 

I'll believe conference win when I see it. 

Fify. This team is overall more talented than the 08 and 09 teams. The coaching staff is also better.

Edited by Bevo14

On 7/5/2023 at 6:39 PM, LTtxfan said:

2023 Preseason All-Big 12 football team: Texas leads the way, Kansas' Jalon Daniels earns top offensive honor

By Cameron Salerno      3 hrs ago

The Big 12 released its annual Preseason All-Big 12 squad on Wednesday ahead of the conference's media days scheduled for next week. Texas, the betting favorite to win the conference, led the way with five total players. That list is headlined by the preseason Defensive Player of the Year Jaylan Ford and the conference's only unanimous pick in wide receiver Xavier Worthy. 

Kansas, Kansas State and TCU all had four selections. Jayhawks quarterback Jalon Daniels was tabbed the conference's preseason Offensive Player of the Year while Kansas State running back Treshaun Ward was named Newcomer of the Year. Oklahoma State was next on the list three. 

Defensive lineman Ethan Downs is the only Oklahoma player on the list as the Sooners are looking for playmakers to step up after last year's disappointing 6-7 campaign. Baylor, Iowa State and West Virginia all had one player honored. 

Cincinnati was first among the conference's newcomers with two selections. BYU had one in offensive lineman Kingsley Suamataia. No UCF and Houston players were picked. 

Here is a look at the Preseason All-Big 12 Football Team ahead of the 2023 season. 

Screenshot_20230705-183308_kindlephoto-15137937.thumb.png.d9743803036e4877ac43de46fd76a8d7.png

Screenshot_20230705-183538_kindlephoto-15287431.thumb.png.1a34432b1af12194978ff057198638df.png

So the pre season Big 12 player of the year, who plays QB, is on the team picked to get 6th in the big 12 this year? 

How the fuck does that logic work?

3 minutes ago, Fug said:

So the pre season Big 12 player of the year, who plays QB, is on the team picked to get 6th in the big 12 this year? 

Dude was balling when healthy last year, QBR was way ahead of anyone else I think.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Dude was balling when healthy last year, QBR was way ahead of anyone else I think.  

Go check, it’s not near as impressive and when you consider the competition, even weaker

44 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I’ll take Ewer’s this season having Daniels competition percentage and TD/INT ratio from last year all day.  The games he played include Ark, KSU, Iowa St, not terrible competition.  

Edited by Hook1997

45 minutes ago, Fug said:

Go check, it’s not near as impressive and when you consider the competition, even weaker

I’ll take Ewer’s this season having Daniels competition percentage and TD/INT ratio from last year all day.  The games he played include Ark, KSU, Iowa St, not terrible competition.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fug said:

How it works is that all preseason accolades are dumb as fuck and always have been. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

B12 media: texas to win the conference 41 votes. I think ksu was 11ish votes for 2.

Your time to shine Sark and prove all of us wrong.
The Big12 media isn't the Big12. They will do everything they can to make sure we don't even play in the CCG.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

The coaching staff is also better.

Lulz. 13-12 overall. 9-9 conf. 1-1 Kansas. Doesnt mean we cant win big this year, but I'm gonna need to see Sark in anything other than fucktard mode before I give him the nod over Mack. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

100% this. We’re gonna get completely fucked by the zebras at least twice (at a minimum).

XII officiating has been fucked and miserable for a long time.

As I understand it, OOC visitors bring their conference's refs, and the home team's conference provides the review officials. Last year's Bama game was understandable that the SEC refs would do whatever it took to fuck Texas out of the safety, but having the XII guys in the booth not call it is infuriating. That, and the glaringly obvious face mask foul late in the game, which woulda put us first and goal, were the difference in the scoreboard.

Not having the HC say or do anything about those calls, either during or after the game... that doesn't help at all. Leo Durocher was right, "Nice guys finish last." 

11 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

XII officiating has been fucked and miserable for a long time.

As I understand it, OOC visitors bring their conference's refs, and the home team's conference provides the review officials. Last year's Bama game was understandable that the SEC refs would do whatever it took to fuck Texas out of the safety, but having the XII guys in the booth not call it is infuriating. That, and the glaringly obvious face mask foul late in the game, which woulda put us first and goal, were the difference in the scoreboard.

Not having the HC say or do anything about those calls, either during or after the game... that doesn't help at all. Leo Durocher was right, "Nice guys finish last." 

The refs last year (on field and review) were Big 12 refs.

This year at Bama they will be SEC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

I’m not so sure. SEC refs will obviously try to protect Bama to some extent, but Big 12 officials actively try to fuck Texas/OU out of spite…

SEC schools complain a lot about pro-Bama reffing. There appears to be a certain amount of justification for that, but Saban pushes things early in games, to see what he can and cannot get away with. He also gets in refs' faces when he doesn't agree with calls. You prolly recall Bag-o-dicks Stoops doing likewise for 0U. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nuge said:

I'd take Whittington out and put Sanders in.  That would be a lethal lineup.

They've got Sanders rated higher than even worthy in this. 

But they've got Arch ahead of Murphy so I had to alter the depth chart. 

I'm used to running with the QB a lot it's different with all three QBs not even a run threat.

I wonder who will get the QB position in the wild horn or whatever they wanna call it this year. Maybe Blue? Maybe J Whitt?

4 minutes ago, Zeus said:

They've got Sanders rated higher than even worthy in this. 

But they've got Arch ahead of Murphy so I had to alter the depth chart. 

I'm used to running with the QB a lot it's different with all three QBs not even a run threat.

I wonder who will get the QB position in the wild horn or whatever they wanna call it this year. Maybe Blue? Maybe J Whitt?

Red used to be a qb, perhaps he'd be the wild horn qb.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Trying to remember... didn't JWhitt play a little QB in high school as well ?

The state title game where he broke the rushing record was as a wildcat QB. I think he even did a little wildcat QB his freshman year under Herman before he got injured. I think that's the only reason they would go with Red over JWhitt this year. No reason to risk him getting injured on a gimmick play that already has a low chance of success anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, farmersnotfighting said:

The state title game where he broke the rushing record was as a wildcat QB. I think he even did a little wildcat QB his freshman year under Herman before he got injured. I think that's the only reason they would go with Red over JWhitt this year. No reason to risk him getting injured on a gimmick play that already has a low chance of success anyway. 

I know it's different, but Sark did run Bijan + Ro in the back field so he does run the wildcat sometimes. 

I wouldn't say low chance of success, this year they aren't going to be stacking the box anymore because there's too many weapons outside. 

47 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Trying to remember... didn't JWhitt play a little QB in high school as well ?

My guess is it would be Baxter and Brooks in the wildcat look this year. Sark only used it in short yardage situations. 

30 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I know it's different, but Sark did run Bijan + Ro in the back field so he does run the wildcat sometimes. 

I wouldn't say low chance of success, this year they aren't going to be stacking the box anymore because there's too many weapons outside. 

The problem is when you run a wildcat, that will MAKE them stack the box. a WR/RB that's a wildcat QB will run it 99 times out of 100 so teams just stack the box for it... especially if you pair a wildcat QB with a double tight end set. I think the only way a wildcat QB would work is if you actually keep spread receivers out in a normal formation and have a wildcat QB that actually can throw it and you run it enough times that you do throw it enough to make it a credible threat. I don't think wildcat QBs work unless you have someone with a body like Vince or Cam Newton where you were naturally an athletic RB that knows how to play QB damn good too. Or someone like RoJo that was formerly a QB that bulked up to play RB. But even then, Sark didn't throw it enough with RoJo back at QB to make it a credible threat, so everyone just stacked the box again. 

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What's the story behind the "that motherfucker is not real" lady on the plane?

Man, just google it.

https://www.complex.com/life/a/tracewilliamcowen/viral-video-woman-flight-not-real-person

Sounds like a drunk woman having an episode because she lost her iPhone earbuds. Apparently Carrottop was on the flight. 

Yes, I'm being serious. 

• Haha 1