45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Can we kill off the lawyers in this thread so maybe it won't completely suck? .

Never thought I'd scroll for overly exaggerated and sometimes fabricated Twitter posts like an oasis in the desert. 

lol, what would an lawyer captcha look like? it's gotta be something only they would know and couldn't resist answering correctly. that'd be one way to keep them out. 🤣

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

There is a happy medium between a new thread for every thought and 1 thread for everything.

namaste

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Just giving you a hard time. They create a new thread for seemingly every single thought that comes into their tiny, little brains.

That works for them and the board can support it because they as a group don’t have all that many unique thoughts at any given time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m not seeing this anywhere. Plus Didn’t other news outlets confirm some witnesses will testify tomorrow? Other than Trump complaining of course. 

Im guessing Wednesday or Thursday might be more realistic 

This is probably what the Reuters thing is:

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-state-georgia-appears-set-file-charges-against-donald-trump-court-document-2023-08-14/

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m not seeing this anywhere. Plus Didn’t other news outlets confirm some witnesses will testify tomorrow? Other than Trump complaining of course. 

Im guessing Wednesday or Thursday might be more realistic 

Reuters dude fucked up:

Keep in mind that it is not the State of Georgia that is going to indict him but rather Fulton County. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Reuters dude fucked up:

Keep in mind that it is not the State of Georgia that is going to indict him but rather Fulton County. 

The State is going to indict him in Fulton County.

https://pacga.org/about-pacga/

"The District Attorney is the chief prosecuting officer for the State of Georgia within each of the State’s 50 judicial circuits. Judicial circuits consist of one to eight counties and are generally named for a geographical feature within the Circuit."

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Reuters dude fucked up:

Well, it will be the Fulton County District Attorney, which is, despite the name, an arm of the state government, not Fulton County. And the case will be styled State of Georgia v. Donald J. Trump et al. 

The key word in the title is District not County. District Attorneys represent the state in districts that often but not always correspond to counties.  This is the difference between district amd county attorneys.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, The Dog said:

appears that a document with his indictment WAS posted but then deleted. someone messed up:

Honestly, I'm more interested in who else gets indicted in this one.  I mean, it's not a big deal that the 45th President is getting indicted.  Again.  How absurd is that?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Honestly, I'm more interested in who else gets indicted in this one.  I mean, it's not a big deal that the 45th President is getting indicted.  Again.  How absurd is that?

It's now like seeing another John Wick movie is coming out. "Huh. Again? I feel like we just did this a month or so ago." 

16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yet we find laypeople find new and ingenious ways to fuck up even fairly simple things.  And then they need lawyers to unfuck them.  And the work unfucking exceeds the work that would have been required to do it correctly in the first place.

a721bfc5-5ef8-4875-a903-c3ace9e5186d_tex

fdcdbac4-352c-4a72-9f8f-87460248e543_tex

935d232e-1111-47ff-9025-6e2391fcfbb6_tex

Legal Eagle had a great video on the AI-generated brief.

I'll tell you this much. Most of the people who think AI will replace people... don't know how AI works. Dangerously ignorant. As good as it is at simulating intelligence, there really is no intelligence behind it; it's just very good (to some extent) of reassembling and spitting back out what others have said.

... come to think of it, Ketch might be out of a job. BUT EVERYONE ELSE IS SAFE

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, it will be the Fulton County District Attorney, which is, despite the name, an arm of the state government, not Fulton County. And the case will be styled State of Georgia v. Donald J. Trump et al. 

It's essentially the same thing as the criminal case he's dealing with in Florida. Yeah the description of the  court says "Southern District of Florida," but it's still a federal case.

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The key word in the title is District not County. District Attorneys represent the state in districts that often but not always correspond to counties.  This is the difference between district amd county attorneys.

Yep. Pure local misdemeanor crap is tried, at least in Georgia, by the Solicitor General. County Attorneys really only exist for civil matters concerning the government. In fact, the Camden County Attorney's website specifically says "The county attorney manages all county leases and county litigation issues, but does not handle any criminal matters."

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hpslugga said:

Either that or someone who's very insecure as to the quality of their phone calls.

I have everyone I speak to complete a survey and rank the quality of the call.  That way there is some hard data to back up my claims of perfect phone calls.

• Drool 2

3 hours ago, G650 said:

I'm clearly not talking the McDonalds fry cook though...

Oh, I guarantee you the McDonalds fry cook takes more of his work home with him than any of you lot.   I mean it takes like 2 long hot showers to get that smell off.

-signed former MickyD's employee

16 hours ago, C-Man said:

In many instances, attorneys are at worst a necessary evil and at best, absolute lifesavers. But it also seems that attorneys have also unnecessarily over-complicated the system to the point you often can’t even do the simplest of things without hiring one.

I don't think it's overcomplicated. The law is complicated because LIFE is complicated. Every nuance and exception in the law came about because of some case where the rules, as defined, didn't quite fit the scenario in question easily.

Ever actually served on jury duty? Every case I've been on, there was some question that needed to be decided that wasn't clear just from existing law and cases; otherwise, there would've been a summary judgment or a settlement.

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Wouldn’t the first one be about trying to get the Georgia Secretary of State to commit election fraud?

Literally trying to rig an election. The thing he's been screaming about since 2016. 

30% of this country not being able to see through his bullshit is so depressing. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, locodos said:

Oh, I guarantee you the McDonalds fry cook takes more of his work home with him than any of you lot.   I mean it takes like 2 long hot showers to get that smell off.

-signed former MickyD's employee

Sheeit. Most of these guys yeah but you know I'm literally a shit pipe contractor tho right

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Literally trying to rig an election. The thing he's been screaming about since 2016. 

30% of this country not being able to see through his bullshit is so depressing. 

Which goes back to why he really does believe it's rigged--because he rigged the system and still lost.  Remember when he said that if Hillary won, she rigged the system?  

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Which goes back to why he really does believe it's rigged--because he rigged the system and still lost.  Remember when he said that if Hillary won, she rigged the system?  

If you really think about it, what he actually said is even more narcissistic. What he said was “I would like to promise and pledge to all of my voters and supporters and to all of the people of the United States that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election...if I win."

27 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

It's essentially the same thing as the criminal case he's dealing with in Florida. Yeah the description of the  court says "Southern District of Florida," but it's still a federal case.

Yep. Pure local misdemeanor crap is tried, at least in Georgia, by the Solicitor General. County Attorneys really only exist for civil matters concerning the government. In fact, the Camden County Attorney's website specifically says "The county attorney manages all county leases and county litigation issues, but does not handle any criminal matters."

I guess it should be pointed out that in Texas, many County Attorneys do prosecute crimes, usually only misdemeanors, but to include DWI and DUI, and do so in the name of and on behalf of the State of Texas.  But they are county-level officials.

• Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated