45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

42 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Look at this clown show:

F3g1J0pXEAAjTfW?format=png&name=small

F3g1J0pWkAAcdM_?format=png&name=900x900

F3g1J0pW0AAsQC4?format=jpg&name=medium

Where's that from?

As I recall, they wanted to have a lawsuit on file challenging the election results in Nevada, no matter how frivolous, to give some cover to the false elector scheme.  That's kind of important because in the other, allegedly legal competing slates of electors scenario in Hawaii in 1960, there was a close election and a hotly contested recount going on until the last minute, meaning there could be a need for one or the other set of electors.  And that's something mostly not present here because in all the fake elector states except maybe Nevada, the recounts and election contests were over and concluded in favor of Biden.

And I think the notarization is significant because Trump swore to the truth of allegations in the lawsuit complaint (the verification they're trying to notarize there) that had been thoroughly disproven as false.  No one moved for sanctions in that case, though, so I guess it's going to come up here.

But the whole notion that there was a need to legitimize the fake electors by making it look like Hawaii in 1960 only underscores how corrupt was the whole thing, and Trump signing a false verification of a lawsuit shows his complicity in the whole thing and is another corrupt act unto itself.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

MAGA has declared a mistrial.  Everyone can go home now.  It's over.  Trump wins again. 

Well, it is pretty problematic in terms of violating grand jury secrecy, without knowing what the exact rules are there in Georgia.

But from what I have seen of grand jury misconduct cases that result in quashing indictments, you have to show some pretty tangible prejudice from the secrecy or other violation.  That again being in a federal or more general cases.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Oh fuck off.

If you can't see the utility of dividing up the discussion of the manifold cases against Trump, then I can't help you.  At the very least, you'd presumably know when there's a new post that it's actually possibly relevant to that case.

And, I don't defend lawyers per se, I explain that legal processes are not as simple as people want to believe they are and against fucking ridiculous assertions like "lawyers have no ethics code."

My "breathless defense" of lawyers is mostly against breathlessly idiotic and ignorant assertions about lawyers or the legal process.

In other words, you’re giving his post a grade of D.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

Y’all forget Surly demographics
  • 46% of Surly are lawyers
  • 46% of Surly are doctors
  • 2% of Surly are both
  • 2% of Surly are pilots
  • 2% of Surly are engineers (1 member of Surly is a lawyer and an engineer, but the stats don't reflect it)
  • 2% of Surly are in the entertainment industry
  • 2% of Surly are math majors

Harumph

Y’all always leaving us gals out.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

And they're still coming. There will be more charges in separate cases dropping.  Meanwhile, he can't stop criming on Truth Social.  

He also has another fraud case coming up. He’s the defendant in a class action lawsuit for his promotion of a multilevel marketing scheme hocking shitty video phones. That trial is scheduled for Jan. 29.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When the fuck did so many of you get pilot's licenses?  And send me your contact info if you have one because we got something super weird planned once Trump is convicted or dies.  I gotta business partner with a plane with a banner he can't wait to fly over Texas once the bad news hits and the MAGA crowd gets sad.  It's brilliant.  But he'll need a pilot.  He has a license but we're gonna be on so many drugs that day, probably a good idea he doesn't take the stick.  

Also, we're organizing an anti-conviction protest at the Texas Capitol for whichever charge comes in first for Commander Dipshit.   They'll be rallied to come down to demonstrate their frustration with DC/FL/GA/NY, whoever.  But if they see anybody in tac vests or camo or MAGA gear, they are ANTIFA false flag operators and even people appearing to be uniformed as Texas DPS/Capitol Police aren't to be trusted and everybody should be ready to open fire at a moment's notice.  Not that the banner from the plane will be encouraging that kinda behavior.  

and oh yeah, on ACN.  Prepaid video phones/international calling minutnes in a multi-level marketing scheme ruse?  Case is being revisited.  A case about video phone call cards.  On the day he is indicted for a 'Perfect Phone Call.'  Keep telling yourselves we don't exist inside computer software.  Holy fucking shit.  

Edited by YGIFS

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Y’all forget Surly demographics

• 46% of Surly are lawyers
  • 46% of Surly are doctors
  • 2% of Surly are both
  • 2% of Surly are pilots
  • 2% of Surly are engineers (1 member of Surly is a lawyer and an engineer, but the stats don't reflect it)
  • 2% of Surly are in the entertainment industry
  • 2% of Surly are math majors

you forgot the meteorologists and offensive/defensive coordinators.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, speed817 said:

7vqmes.jpg.7258aa7dffa662b2cc14d53331ceb6ac.jpg

Am I the only one who hears Whitesnake when reading this meme?

Here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
And I've made up my mind
I ain't wasting no more time
I'm just another heart in need of rescue
Waiting on love's sweet charity
And I'm gonna hold on for the rest of my days

also I feel dirty inside for knowing the lyrics...damned you 80's Classic Rock stations!

Spoiler

Damned you all to hell  /noheston

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, locodos said:

Am I the only one who hears Whitesnake when reading this meme?

also I feel dirty inside for knowing the lyrics...damned you 80's Classic Rock stations!

Hide contents

Damned you all to hell  /noheston

Had this in mind when I saw the meme.....

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

1)  I think there may be good cause to hold him without bail, because he can't help but threaten and tamper with witnesses.

2)  If that happens, I am accelerating my timeline of "shit's going to get real violent, real fast."  Put Trump in a cell and hold him there....and be prepared for multiple terrorist acts by MAGAs in the coming days.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

1)  I think there may be good cause to hold him without bail, because he can't help but threaten and tamper with witnesses.

2)  If that happens, I am accelerating my timeline of "shit's going to get real violent, real fast."  Put Trump in a cell and hold him there....and be prepared for multiple terrorist acts by MAGAs in the coming days.

I mean, let's turn the lights on and stomp all the roaches. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

Just now, Brisketexan said:

How would that work?  They aren’t going to throw him in gen pop and let things work themselves out naturally. Do they block off a wing of the jail and keep him there with a couple of secret service agents?   Can the secret service be told to stand down? Interesting times we are living in.

3 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Especially those who are also climate change deniers.

lol I believe that one guys argument in the  blast furnace thread went something like.

The earth is old. Science uses measurements but dinosaurs did not. We can't really know anything.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Did he tell him not to testify?

I thought the words were “Duncan is going to testify. He shouldn’t.”

Pretty huge difference from a threatening/tampering standpoint.

bob-bart.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 3

23 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

How would that work?  They aren’t going to throw him in gen pop and let things work themselves out naturally. Do they block off a wing of the jail and keep him there with a couple of secret service agents?   Can the secret service be told to stand down? Interesting times we are living in.

Generally, but it depends on the court and its facilities, sometimes "contemnors" (those held in contempt) are jailed in a cell right there in the courthouse, sometimes it's the county jail where other general purpose criminals are and it's usually about as brutal as jails or prisons come (think The Wire).

Whatever happens, I think Trump is going to go someplace at least a little bit "special" because of the Secret Service issue.  I did see a former SS agent saying that, for federal prison at least, that is considered a secure environment and the detail and involvement of the Secret Service would be small.

They went over this on MSNBC last week with a former SS agent - Essentially, federal facilities are already quite secure, and they’re also used to having high profile convicts in limited capacity holding.

SS would hand off custody to BoP staff, as they’re federal agents and are responsible for security.

What actually happens? Who tf knows as we’re in untested waters…
  • Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Gitmo 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Agreed.  It may get there eventually, but it's not there yet.  With respect to AI, Bloomberg and some other services have started pitching AI programs for corporate work in the last few years - one of the ideas being that the AI program will analyze all of the agreements uploaded in public SEC filings and also the private agreements they have in their own databases, and then come up with a "market standard" template and tell you where your agreement differs from standard terms.  The ones I have seen are all worthless.  They flag stylistic differences, things that may be different because of the different context of your transaction, etc., but it doesn't help shorten the process at all for meaningful analysis and review.   Same thing with the due diligence aids.  There is some value there, but it's really more like a glorified key word search than something that is actually going to reveal issues on its own.

There is value to intelligent document processing and doing a vectorization of the entities, intents, and sentiment of a corpus of documents, but that's definitely not what's getting sold these days. GPT's and LLM's are great for transforming information from one context to another, but (currently) lack useful analytical capabilities on their own

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

He's not beating the Georgia case.  They have signed letters, text messages, emails and recordings.

Former Republican Lt. Governor of Georgia Jeff Duncan moments ago after exiting the Fulton County Courthouse:

“Donald Trump was the worst candidate ever, in the history of our party … and now we are going to have to pivot from there.”

trump lawyers …

A Christmas Story Fudge GIF

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

many military bases could handle it 

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated