45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

11 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I know there isn’t much doubt on this board, but I’d just like to point out that Trump is calling for the GOP to eliminate the ability for anyone to run against him in GOP primaries.   Gee, I wonder what he’ll do if he regains the Presidency and turns his attention to those pesky term limits and 2028 elections?

If he’s sworn in in January of 25, 2028 won’t even matter. We will have been remade in his image, and countries all over the world will be accepting us as political refugees. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

countries all over the world will be accepting us as political refugees. 

Well, that's comforting.  I did a lot of research in 11/2020 and basically figured out that there was no way I would be allowed to move to Canada if I were already retired, so this gives me something to look forward to.  

4 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
Well, that's comforting.  I did a lot of research in 11/2020 and basically figured out that there was no way I would be allowed to move to Canada if I were already retired, so this gives me something to look forward to.  

Costa Rica or Portugal

Fuck that.  I'm not living anywhere where soccer is the main sport.  

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I might be wishcasting that part, as that might be my only ticket out as well. 

52 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I know there isn’t much doubt on this board, but I’d just like to point out that Trump is calling for the GOP to eliminate the ability for anyone to run against him in GOP primaries.   Gee, I wonder what he’ll do if he regains the Presidency and turns his attention to those pesky term limits and 2028 elections?

Susan Collins is going to need Botox to keep up with all of the brow furrowing 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If he’s sworn in in January of 25, 2028 won’t even matter. We will have been remade in his image, and countries all over the world will be accepting us as political refugees. 

I'd like to thank my in-laws for me being on the path to Canadian citizenship.  I suppose I could thank myself for marrying into that family as well.

I wasn't doing it for the slight chance of Trump winning again, more for in the future when some in-laws kick the bucket and/or we want to travel or spend our summers up there or something.

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

Un-retire yourself (as far as the Canucks are concerned) and find a course that only you can teach at the new college you set up (on the internet.) "Teach" bots online as your "job" while augmenting your hidden retirement money with proceeds from the monster-truck chop-shop you run in an old barn.

I feel like I went over all this already.

In the near term, how tough is it to illegally cross into Canada eh?  Need to plan and execute before they harden their border. 

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In the near term, how tough is it to illegally cross into Canada eh?  Need to plan and execute before they harden their border. 

The only person I know who did it hopped a freight train. But there have got to be 987 different ways. Big ol' empty country with long borders and extensive coastlines...

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure the coldest environs you've ever lived in is Dallas.  Canada is a whole 'nother world.

I lived in Seattle.  We had one El Nino winter there where it was cold, clear, and snowed a bunch and it kicked ass.

And I'm moving to Colorado soon.   FUCKYES.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Trudeau gonna build a wall and make Trump pay for it?  Is that in the script?

Trump would probably do it if Trudeau casually says how great it is down there with him in charge, and that Canadians might want to avail themselves en masse of all the new greatness.  And hey, what’s stopping them?  

Trump would demand a wall be built. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Trump would probably do it if Trudeau casually says how great it is down there with him in charge, and that Canadians might want to avail themselves en masse of all the new greatness.  And hey, what’s stopping them?  

Trump would demand a wall be built. 

Now if he thought he could scam some Canucks in some real estate scheme.

14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I lived in Seattle.  We had one El Nino winter there where it was cold, clear, and snowed a bunch and it kicked ass.

I'm pretty sure the annual winter nastiness in Dallas is worse than the annual winter nastiness in Seattle.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

PCT from Hart’s Pass. 30 miles of hiking and you cross the border in the middle of nowhere and stroll into Manning Park like you know what you’re doing. 

PCT from Hart’s Pass. 30 miles of hiking and you cross the border in the middle of nowhere and stroll into Manning Park like you know what you’re doing. 
Met a guy who completed PCT this summer in Alaska. Favorite areas were the Sierras and Northern Washington. Said the Southern Oregon stretch was the only time he considered quitting. Dry terrain plus mosquitoes unlike anything else.

Looking forward to living in Cali to do JMT and hitting Washington and Nor Cal more...
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:

Met a guy who completed PCT this summer in Alaska. Favorite areas were the Sierras and Northern Washington. Said the Southern Oregon stretch was the only time he considered quitting. Dry terrain plus mosquitoes unlike anything else.

Looking forward to living in Cali to do JMT and hitting Washington and Nor Cal more...

Hit me up on the backpacking thread. I’m planning on putting together some trips in the coming years if you’re interested. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty sure the annual winter nastiness in Dallas is worse than the annual winter nastiness in Seattle.

I have no doubt this is true, but I'll see your 'quality' and raise you 'quantity' (since our late fall and winter and spring and summer until mid July are barely distinguishable by temperature, and identical in terms of dreariness) 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Did I mention that I'm moving to Colorado?

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

The flat, ugly part?

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Shhhhhhh

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

Hit me up on the backpacking thread. I’m planning on putting together some trips in the coming years if you’re interested. 

27 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

I have no doubt this is true, but I'll see your 'quality' and raise you 'quantity' (since our late fall and winter and spring and summer until mid July are barely distinguishable by temperature, and identical in terms of dreariness) 

what_the.jpg.28721f1f4acf4c6fd0b9fff4f9779b1b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So, Trump moves to dismiss indictment in NY "hush money" case. https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/10/04/politics/trump-motion-dismiss-hush-money-charges/index.html?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQGsAEggAID#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16964987584616&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2023%2F10%2F04%2Fpolitics%2Ftrump-motion-dismiss-hush-money-charges%2Findex.html

“The indictment was filed six years after the conduct at issue, more than four-and-a-half years after DANY began to investigate it, and more than three years after DANY started presenting evidence to a grand jury,”

Weak.  But it does highlight a small strength of this case:  because the conduct in question commenced before taking office, there's no chance of an executive immunity argument.