45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

TBH, other than the reasons he's there, nodding off during jury selection is about as humanizing as he's appeared in decades. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

07ad7f0c-7618-41bc-97fa-5abf22679eac.png

27 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Trump forced to confront 8 years worth of memes poking fun at him? And you people said there'd be no justice . . . 

Seriously, I've always assumed that he has people protecting him from seeing anything negative about him online or elsewhere, like the episode of South Park where Butters goes crazy after being forced to protect Cartman from online negativity against him. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What did Dotard say to the juror?

Nearest I can tell, nothing. This was more about body language and possibly non-verbal grunts. I'm assuming this is more about him rolling his eyes or huffing slightly during the questioning. I also assume that the judge's warning did not happen in front of the prospective jurors.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

What did doTARd say to the juror?

A lot of people are saying I'm one of the "Best" Defendents ever, top two or three, maybe even THE BEST EVER. A lot of people don't know that. I know more about being a defendent than anybody. I'm the KING of DEFENDENTS! Other Defendents come up to me, big tough defendents, straight out of Central Casting, tears in their eyes. "SIR!" they say. They always call me sir. "Sir! thank you for being the Best Defendent Ever!". 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

^^^^
what happens to this price when they add millions of shares? Does value of all previous shares get divided by new total number of shares or do the new shares get issued at the old price per share? 

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

^^^^
what happens to this price when they add millions of shares? Does value of all previous shares get divided by new total number of shares or do the new shares get issued at the old price per share? 

Market cap should remain constant.  Share price should drop accordingly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, gernblansten said:

Someone explain this to me like I'm 5. The 11/8/21 Letter of Interest appearing to set out possible terms for $100M loan lists the collateral as 725 4th Ave., New York, NY, which I believe to be Trump Tower. The $175M bond filings say it is secured by collateral in the form of a Schwab account with $175M in cash. What does Trump Tower being used as collateral on a $100M loan a couple years ago have to do with a Schwab account being pledged to secure the $175M bond?

The accusation is that the account he put up as collateral is

1. already collateral for several other loans
  2. the same account he paid off the 130K to Stormy from
  3. not enough money
  4. has "Bud Light" (InBev) stock and that's why he doesn't want it boycotted.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

^^^^

I assume it’s the same as when a company splits shares, except the stock holders don’t double their unit count as to remain whole. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

^^^^

They sell them at whatever the market rate is.  That's how companies raise money, the higher the price the more they raise.  It dilutes everyone else's shares though so the price drops when the annoucement of dillution is made.  

Pelosi gets a ton of criticism from the right regarding the substantial amounts of money she (her husband, really) has been making in the market. I would love to see all the magtards collectively lose their shit if the next reports shows she had a huge short position on DJT. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

I'm beginning to come around on YGIFS theory that this will end up killing him.  The very idea of him sitting through this day after day, realizing how many people actually hate him because he isn't surrounded by his yes men any longer has to eat at what's left of his brain.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

22 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

^^^^

The 'market' will work out a new price. Ideally, the business has now increased in worth by whatever value the company makes of the cash raised by the stock sales, which would be divided by the new (larger) number of shares, to work out the new per-share price.

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm beginning to come around on YGIFS theory that this will end up killing him.  The very idea of him sitting through this day after day, realizing how many people actually hate him because he isn't surrounded by his yes men any longer has to eat at what's left of his brain.  

That's predicated on the assumption he gives a shit, and he doesn't.  He's a narcissist.  Anyone who isn't in line is worthy of nothing but scorn.  He can't process the concept that they might have a point.

• Hook 'Em 4

Different than a split, and admittedly I haven't read the issuance filing nor will I.  But another play behind issuing more shares even though it fucks with the price even more and it doesn't need any help on that front.  It gives this insider group more voting power.  So that if in the off-chance enough of his minions, even by proxy, kinda notice their retirement account is getting wiped out and have had enough...they can vote in aggregate to change things up.  But this new group of trump insiders can out-vote them, cash them out at literal pennies on the dollar, and take the company private and sell it directly to a Saudi Prince or other shady character, immediately making Donald a liquid billionaire for the first time in his life.  I doubt that's the play, but that's how the structure could certainly play out...

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

Twitter folks may be over-selling it a bit. there's a play by play on Threads has that Merchan noticed Trump's grumbling and then smacked him down. wasn't terribly dramatic.

apparently they did. 

Good.  Hopefully they really need it later and don't have it.

50 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Anyone know what's up with the E. Jean Carroll bond?  

He posted a $5M and $83M bond in each of the Carroll appeals.  Probably has something to do with why he's low on cash.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I wish I could have seen him reacting to all the memes while hearing the judge and attorneys read the memes out loud so seriously. Would have been worth the price of admission. 

id love for ygifs to be right about this. Not sure the cult dies with him but maybe

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He posted a $5M and $83M bond in each of the Carroll appeals.  Probably has something to do with why he's low on cash.

Ooops.  I meant the NY Letitia James bond.  The one where the California buy here, pay here dude was going to help him out.  

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Ooops.  I meant the NY Letitia James bond.  The one where the California buy here, pay here dude was going to help him out.  

Here’s the situation with that:

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

Just a moment to reflect that today sleepy Joe was in Pennsylvania, a swing state, hammering Trump on his tax breaks to the wealthy.

Drowsy Don is sitting in his criminal trial going nowhere, meeting with nobody, and only addressing his victimization involving the “I can’t be a criminal without consequences“ problem.    The mere fact that everyone is joking about Trump falling asleep two days in a row in his trial really helps diffuse the sleepy joe allegations.   

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Just a moment to reflect that today sleepy Joe was in Pennsylvania, a swing state, hammering Trump on his tax breaks to the wealthy.
Drowsy Don is sitting in his criminal trial going nowhere, meeting with nobody, and only addressing his victimization involving the “I can’t be a criminal without consequences“ problem.    The mere fact that everyone is joking about Trump falling asleep two days in a row in his trial really helps diffuse the sleepy joe allegations.   

Don’t kid yourself. Maga loves it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

What kind of rock did one have to live under to qualify as one of the 7 jurors? 

Dunno how it is in New York, but here in California, the question is NOT "do you know nothing," but rather "can you set your biases aside and be fair and impartial."

• Hook 'Em 9

Just now, Rimbo said:

Dunno how it is in New York, but here in California, the question is NOT "do you know nothing," but rather "can you set your biases aside and be fair and impartial."

Correct. 

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's like the El Paso sheriff told TLJ across the table in "No Country..."  It ain't just the one thing, it's the dismal tide.  What's it all coming to?  Never said a couple trials alone would kill him. Sooner or later, under enough duress, even the most full-of-shit narcissist sociopath's body can devour itself from the inside.    

But look at him, it takes him, even with his motorcade, an hour to get out of that chair and back to his bed to watch the news.  Then record grifting solicitations, a dozen Truth Social Posts, eat three dinners, and post/plot into the night.  He fell asleep 90 minutes into the first two days of the trial, that's not a great opening salvo.   And this is gonna be six more weeks of this.  Then off to Georgia and Florida for more appearances where he swears he's "going to testify."  He's having to hear/see all the stuff we've been saying about him for a decade on public record for all to know.  Plus he's gotta find time to actually campaign for President, keep up the grift, figure out how to meet bond obligations, pretend to run the Trump Organization, still fit in some golf club championships, pretend he hangs out with his family, raise money for his legal bills, undermine our efforts in Russia, never mind the wear and tear of travel between all said events and obligations.  Having loans called left and right by banks.  Having to wait on hold to call into "Fox & Friends."  Morbidly obese, turning 78 in less than 2 months time, finally realizing the ridicule that his inner circle has insulated him from all these years, no wife or close family to genuinely console him.  Speech is getting worse, cognitively on the decline for all to see, diet is still horrible, physically more feeble and awkward, and his right jowl looks like two siamese scrotums that Ben Carson is gonna have to separate.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Don’t kid yourself. Maga loves it.

Nobody gives a shit what Maga  thinks.  we only  need to break off 5% decent humans from the independent group and we are there.

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

What kind of rock did one have to live under to qualify as one of the 7 jurors? 

Unless there's something from social media or otherwise that indicates a clear bias, the magic words from a juror are "yes, I can be fair and unbiased."

• Hook 'Em 2