45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sorry, but that should be a crime of some sort.  It may be.  Putting jurors' safety at risk seems incredibly dangerous.

It's obvious. It's on the TV. Seems that stuff is irrelevant. 

The motherfucker belongs in a cell or home arrest pending outcome of criminal proceedings including what is apprarent treason and insurrection even though we can't call it that because we're the ones constrained by law.

He wanted to be in the lead of the Capitol invasion but was denied by his SS driver.

In summary, execution would be appropriate.

• Hook 'Em 4

44 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The motherfucker belongs in a cell

In a sane America, Trump should have been in jail by the end of 2021 for:

1) His role in the insurrection

and/or

2) His role in trying to overturn the Georgia election (it's recorded!)

and/or

3) His role in enabling hundreds of thousands of Covid deaths. (Sure seems like involuntary manslaughter or criminal negligence, according to various definitions of the concepts).

And yet, here we are, three years later and a Democrat Attorney General is twiddling his thumbs... in the face of a fascist takeover by an insurrectionist who enabled hundreds of thousands of deaths.

No need to hurry....nothing at stake.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

This is what many of us thought MIGHT happen long before now, when Trump would actually face a system/adversary that couldn't be bullied.  It has taken too long, and the consequences are so far too minimal, but it's a start.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is what many of us thought MIGHT happen long before now, when Trump would actually face a system/adversary that couldn't be bullied.  It has taken too long, and the consequences are so far too minimal, but it's a start.

And this is the weakest of the many cases he faces.

It only gets worse for him from here on out.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

In a sane America, Trump should have been in jail by the end of 2021 for:

1) His role in the insurrection

and/or

2) His role in trying to overturn the Georgia election (it's recorded!)

and/or

3) His role in enabling hundreds of thousands of Covid deaths. (Sure seems like involuntary manslaughter or criminal negligence, according to various definitions of the concepts).

And yet, here we are, three years later and a Democrat Attorney General is twiddling his thumbs... in the face of a fascist takeover by an insurrectionist who enabled hundreds of thousands of deaths.

No need to hurry....nothing at stake.

I agree 100% with #1 and #2.  I disagree about #3.  Trump's public displays of leadership during covid were about what you could expect from a reality TV star running a superpower during a no-shit global crisis, but covid was going to come to the US and kill a million plus no matter who was in the white house.  And for all of his public fumbling, Trump largely allowed "the deep state" to do what they had planned for this scenario.  Even if he just kind of left a lot of the actual response to the states, lockdowns and mask mandates happened, and a vaccine got developed and deployed in a pretty astonishing feat of governmental and industrial cooperation.  A lot of lives were saved as a result of those efforts directed primarily by federal technocrats like Fauci and other public health officials below the federal level.  Neither Trump or Biden had much to do with it.

The movement against vaccines and public health measures to deal with covid didn't come from the oval office and seemed largely grass roots to me.  If anyone is to blame for that, its probably social media companies and their algorithms to amplify content among clusters of the population regardless of its veracity and nation states unfriendly to the US that would have seen it as another great opportunity to sow discord amongst our citizens using their varied means.

• Like 1

I knew it was going to be a popular take.  I think there are a shit ton of people in this country that are a dangerous combination of A) stupid and B) irrationally distrustful of things like the federal government, science, medicine and education.  They were both consumers and purveyors of disinformation related to the pandemic and they are who made the pandemic what it was in this country.  They are who filled the covid death stat sheet for the US.  They were going to be stupid, distrustful and not follow guidelines and mandates regardless of who was elected in 2016.  Do you all honestly think Joe Dirt would have happily practiced social distancing, masked up when out and taken the vaccine like a good citizen if Hilary Clinton or Joe Biden was in the White House being all Presidential and shit?  Fuck no.

Has the Republican party done a lot to ensure we have an unhealthy population of manipulatable idiots that are irrationally distrustful of societal institutions like government, science, health care and education?  Absolutely.  But Donald Trump wasn't involved with the Republican Party before 2015 or so and the post I responded to stated Donald Trump should be held criminally liable for covid deaths in the US.  I still completely disagree.  January 6th, yes.  Georgia vote manufacturing pressure, yes.  Covid deaths, no.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

I knew it was going to be a popular take.  I think there are a shit ton of people in this country that are a dangerous combination of A) stupid and B) irrationally distrustful of things like the federal government, science, medicine and education.  They were both consumers and purveyors of disinformation related to the pandemic and they are who made the pandemic what it was in this country.  They are who filled the covid death stat sheet for the US.  They were going to be stupid, distrustful and not follow guidelines and mandates regardless of who was elected in 2016.  Do you all honestly think Joe Dirt would have happily practiced social distancing, masked up when out and taken the vaccine like a good citizen if Hilary Clinton or Joe Biden was in the White House being all Presidential and shit?  Fuck no.

Has the Republican party done a lot to ensure we have an unhealthy population of manipulatable idiots that are irrationally distrustful of societal institutions like government, science, health care and education?  Absolutely.  But Donald Trump wasn't involved with the Republican Party before 2015 or so and the post I responded to stated Donald Trump should be held criminally liable for covid deaths in the US.  I still completely disagree.  January 6th, yes.  Georgia vote manufacturing pressure, yes.  Covid deaths, no.

“ It’s just sort of like the flu and will be gone by summer” - Doddard

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Trump's anti-vaccine rhetoric turbo-charged the antivax movement, and we're now seeing the re-emergence of polio and measles. It's now political to be vaccinated or not. 

Trump made it political. 

I don't think he should be held criminally liable for COVID deaths (and maladministration is really hard to prosecute), but he shouldn't be fucking let off the hook as you're suggesting.

Agreed. He was ignorant about Covid in the beginning, then made it political. He maligned the Surgeon General and the CDC. He began to rail against mask mandates and distancing as time went on. He set a poor visual example by never masking or distancing. He talked about it being akin to the flu. He talked about using light or bleach to cure it, or using those horse pills to cure it. He gave the MyPillow guy a platform to talk about it. He absolutely 100% politicized vaccines and public health. I give him credit for fast-tracking the vaccine-making infrastructure, but his public-facing rhetoric about it was totally political and rejected all common sense and science. Then he had the audacity to get covid a survive it, which was his biggest sin in the whole thing. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Trump's anti-vaccine rhetoric turbo-charged the antivax movement, and we're now seeing the re-emergence of polio and measles. It's now political to be vaccinated or not. 

Trump made it political. 

I don't think he should be held criminally liable for COVID deaths (and maladministration is really hard to prosecute), but he shouldn't be fucking let off the hook as you're suggesting.

While simultaneously taking credit for the fucking vaccine!

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

The biggest misstep Trump had with covid was surviving it. 

Something we can all agree on!

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Trump made it political. 

How many people were harmed during Covid from injecting themselves with bleach as Trump suggested might be a treatment?  How many injected themselves with horse paste as was circulating online as a proper treatment?

I know a ton of people that didn't vaccinate, didn't mask up and didn't social distance, and it had absolutely nothing to do with Donald Trump.  And Donald Trump being wise, sensical and Presidential would not have gotten them to carry themselves otherwise.  They didn't vaccinate, mask up or social distance because they exceeded some critical threshold of stupidity and/or distrust of government that allowed them to fall victim of a digital grass roots movement promoting conspiracies, lies and misinformation online.

One thing I think is under appreciated here is that it is not Trump leading these people astray.  He's their figurehead, but these people were already fucking astray.  And to the degree they've been led there, they've been led by their pastor, their family member, their friend, the community around them telling them, "Hey, you need to be aware this is going on" while passing them some bullshit meme, blog post, YouTube video or the content thereof.  It is at least as influential in their mental context as a steady diet of Fox News.

7 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Cool. Let’s re litigate the pros and cons US Covid policy from 3-4 years ago right here. That will solve some shit. Finally.

“Were you better off 4 years ago?” is a big part of this election. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's obvious. It's on the TV. Seems that stuff is irrelevant. 

The motherfucker belongs in a cell or home arrest pending outcome of criminal proceedings including what is apprarent treason and insurrection even though we can't call it that because we're the ones constrained by law.

He wanted to be in the lead of the Capitol invasion but was denied by his SS driver.

In summary, execution would be appropriate.

Sometimes I like to ponder "what ifs". 

What if I had majored in a liberal art instead of a science? 

What if Jackie Smith had caught that touchdown pass in Super Bowl 13? 

What if that SS driver had taken DOtarD to the riot and let him out of the car?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Something we can all agree on!

How many people were harmed during Covid from injecting themselves with bleach as Trump suggested might be a treatment?  How many injected themselves with horse paste as was circulating online as a proper treatment?

I know a ton of people that didn't vaccinate, didn't mask up and didn't social distance, and it had absolutely nothing to do with Donald Trump.  And Donald Trump being wise, sensical and Presidential would not have gotten them to carry themselves otherwise.  They didn't vaccinate, mask up or social distance because they exceeded some critical threshold of stupidity and/or distrust of government that allowed them to fall victim of a digital grass roots movement promoting conspiracies, lies and misinformation online.

One thing I think is under appreciated here is that it is not Trump leading these people astray.  He's their figurehead, but these people were already fucking astray.  And to the degree they've been led there, they've been led by their pastor, their family member, their friend, the community around them telling them, "Hey, you need to be aware this is going on" while passing them some bullshit meme, blog post, YouTube video or the content thereof.  It is at least as influential in their mental context as a steady diet of Fox News.

Are you seriously arguing that within a cult of personality, the cult leader has no influence?

• Hook 'Em 6

Yeah, this country voted George W Bush into office.  Twice.  FOX News had been up and running for several years by then, but it didn't have the sway it currently does.  Still, by the end of W's run, FOX was much more powerful.  I distinctly recall visiting my father in the hospital and my Aunt demanding we watch FOX at all times.  She was (and remains) a near-QAnon level MAGA.

Trump definitely helped spread some of the bullshit, though.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Agreed. He was ignorant about Covid in the beginning, then made it political. He maligned the Surgeon General and the CDC. He began to rail against mask mandates and distancing as time went on. He set a poor visual example by never masking or distancing. He talked about it being akin to the flu. He talked about using light or bleach to cure it, or using those horse pills to cure it. He gave the MyPillow guy a platform to talk about it. He absolutely 100% politicized vaccines and public health. I give him credit for fast-tracking the vaccine-making infrastructure, but his public-facing rhetoric about it was totally political and rejected all common sense and science. Then he had the audacity to get covid a survive it, which was his biggest sin in the whole thing. 

Well give the man a cookie! / Chris Rock

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, sadly, the Dallas court of appeals affirmed the summary judgment in favor of Sidney Powell.  Read it and weep. https://search.txcourts.gov/SearchMedia.aspx?MediaVersionID=430b390e-0f80-43e2-9d6b-53a97caf9fb9&coa=coa05&DT=Opinion&MediaID=e591d629-9c76-4d77-920d-f04faab58bf7

The main thrust of the opinion is that the Bar irretrievably fucked up the exhibits and the one they didn't fuck up, the Georgia complaint with the attached misrepresented exhibits, did not sufficiently show a knowing misrepresentation.

The three-judge panel was entirely Democratic justices.

Sucks.

• Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

I agree 100% with #1 and #2.  I disagree about #3.  Trump's public displays of leadership during covid were about what you could expect from a reality TV star running a superpower during a no-shit global crisis, but covid was going to come to the US and kill a million plus no matter who was in the white house.  And for all of his public fumbling, Trump largely allowed "the deep state" to do what they had planned for this scenario.  Even if he just kind of left a lot of the actual response to the states, lockdowns and mask mandates happened, and a vaccine got developed and deployed in a pretty astonishing feat of governmental and industrial cooperation.  A lot of lives were saved as a result of those efforts directed primarily by federal technocrats like Fauci and other public health officials below the federal level.  Neither Trump or Biden had much to do with it.

The movement against vaccines and public health measures to deal with covid didn't come from the oval office and seemed largely grass roots to me.  If anyone is to blame for that, its probably social media companies and their algorithms to amplify content among clusters of the population regardless of its veracity and nation states unfriendly to the US that would have seen it as another great opportunity to sow discord amongst our citizens using their varied means.

Early in the pandemic, Trump or his closest associates used federal law enforcement to literally steal PPE and ventilators from states and hospitals, not for public use but for private profit. He should absolutely be in prison for that.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

5 minutes ago, Genco said:

Are you seriously arguing that within a cult of personality, the cult leader has no influence?

Not at all.  I'm arguing that while Trump's leadership was objectively shitty, the populist anti-establishment response to the pandemic -- eschewing social distancing, not masking up, not getting vaccinated -- did not come from the top/Donald Trump.  They arrived at their beliefs elsewhere, and they are who made the pandemic what it was in the US.

8 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I think we have a crisis of epic proportions. 

Are the Capitol Police going to block the President of the United States if he orders them to step aside? Once he is in, would they stop the mob?

Trump makes it to the chamber where the votes are tallied. Do the GOPs unite except for Mitt Romney? They sured backed the SOB when impeached later on.

What does Pence do? I think he resists Trump, but would it matter?

Nancy Pelosi orders that Trump be removed from the chamber. Who tries to do this? There's a mob present.

Trump demands the box of electoral votes or walks to the dais to take them himself. What does the SS do to Senators who choose to physically intervene? Again, the mob presence.

Chaos. The count is stopped. Trump's minions in the Pentagon keep the Army in check. Trump orders the Army to remain where they are. Military mutiny? What happens to Nancy and Pence?

If Trump leads the mob back out, we have less chance of immediate violence. If he tells them to stay, does the Capitol get retaken through military assault?

The world watches what is possibly the end of the Republic of the United States.

Do soft, suburban boys like me take up arms? I doubt it. It's too nice in the living room with your TV and steel-belted radials for the pick up truck you drive to the office in.

Those Secret Service agents were key. A horrible day could have been worse. Far worse.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

By the way, for all you snowflake conservatives that believe you'll get negged to death in the cloakroom if you don't march lock step with the "liberal hive mind" here, this conversation is proof that you are full of shit :D

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Are the Capitol Police going to block the President of the United States if he orders them to step aside? Once he is in, would they stop the mob?

Trump makes it to the chamber where the votes are tallied. Do the GOPs unite except for Mitt Romney? They sured backed the SOB when impeached later on.

What does Pence do? I think he resists Trump, but would it matter?

Nancy Pelosi orders that Trump be removed from the chamber. Who tries to do this? There's a mob present.

Trump demands the box of electoral votes or walks to the dais to take them himself. What does the SS do to Senators who choose to physically intervene? Again, the mob presence.

Chaos. The count is stopped. Trump's minions in the Pentagon keep the Army in check. Trump orders the Army to remain where they are. Military mutiny? What happens to Nancy and Pence?

If Trump leads the mob back out, we have less chance of immediate violence. If he tells them to stay, does the Capitol get retaken through military assault?

The world watches what is possibly the end of the Republic of the United States.

Do soft, suburban boys like me take up arms? I doubt it. It's too nice in the living room with your TV and steel-belted radials for the pick up truck you drive to the office in.

Those Secret Service agents were key. A horrible day could have been worse. Far worse.

This.  I know a lot of Trump supporters on this very board IRL.  And they're smart enough to acknowledge that January 6th happened and it wasn't staged or ANTIFA or undercover FBI.  But they still shrug and say, "What's the big deal?  Members of Congress have been harmed before, that Arizona Rep that got shot, that softball practice shooting, etc."   And I try to explain that there is a world of difference between random acts of violence in obscure locations and having federally elected officials get murdered on live global television, at our Seat of Government, in real time by other Americans.  We would have sunk into a decade-long abyss while the rest of the world tried to figure out what the hell was going within our borders.  Our reserve currency status would have likely been altered.  You can't commit murder and open a new checking account on the same day.  I still shake my head.  Didn't help one guy said, "That's not the Seat of Government.  The White House is."  I didn't take social studies/civics in the State of Texas.  But it seemed like it failed an awful lot of Texans.  

• Hook 'Em 5

For you surly law dogs, can a judge order that a defendant be fitted with a shock collar so they can be issued a mild correction whenever they fall asleep at their own criminal trial?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

Is he trying some kinda Vincent Gigante bit (the mafia boss who wandered the streets of Manhattan every day in a bathrobe for years mumbling to himself to shore up his plea of not guilty by reason of insanity)?  

Like he's gonna try to claim he was asleep so didn't hear everything the judge said, so it's obviously a mistrial?  

Stands to reason that he used to nap during the day at the White House and nobody said anything about it.  And now here he is, older and physically worse.  And he stays up all hours of the night doing truth social and watching cable news...so stands to reason he'd nod off.  But after 4 days of this shit, you'd think somebody would just give him some tylenol PM at 8pm and have him conked out by 10.  

I'm starting to legit wonder if this is a ruse on his part.  He's dumb enough to try it, that much I know.  But yeah, probably just an old, fat guy who is tired because he was up 'til 1am posting shit and eating Big macs.

4 minutes ago, Goredho said:

For you surly law dogs, can a judge order that a defendant be fitted with a shock collar so they can be issued a mild correction whenever they fall asleep at their own criminal trial?

Haha no.  But like a lot of things in actual courtroom time before a jury, the penalty is self-executing:  nodding off tends to put off jurors.  They're sitting there listening and the fucking defendant can't keep from nodding off? 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

What does Pence do? I think he resists Trump, but wuld it matter?

Trump was perfectly happy back in his air-conditioned enclosure playing on his phone.  He wasn't going anywhere near the fray.  First whiff of tear gas and he would have turned on his heels if he even had gotten out of the car.  He had to have the streets cleared of protesters so he could have his picture taken with the Bible.  The scenario you present is indeed terrifying.  But he never had and never will have the balls to put himself in danger of any physical harm or being that close to his ilk when they are all tuned up and shit gets real.  He's not walking in and seizing anything.  He's not willingly going within 200 yards of the Capitol (even riding in the back of The Beast) when that shit was going down.  He's a shit-poster.  He's a meme stock.  He's not Patton or Omar Bradley.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Maybe he’ll drift off and choke on his tongue. 

I'd be happy first with a classic high-school puddle of drool + red forehead print. Somehow caught on camera.

Tongue choking later on.

• Drool 2

1 minute ago, dcbc said:

Trump was perfectly happy back in his air-conditioned enclosure playing on his phone.  He wasn't going anywhere near the fray.  First whiff of tear gas and he would have turned on his heels if he even had gotten out of the car.  He had to have the streets cleared of protesters so he could have his picture taken with the Bible.  The scenario you present is indeed terrifying.  But he never had and never will have the balls to put himself in danger of any physical harm or being that close to his ilk when they are all tuned up and shit gets real.  He's not walking in and seizing anything.  He's not willingly going within 200 yards of the Capitol when that shit was going down.

Plus he wasn't stepping out in the middle of those crazed false-flag antifa. Good try though Libtards.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Sometimes I like to ponder "what ifs". 

What if I had majored in a liberal art instead of a science? 

What if Jackie Smith had caught that touchdown pass in Super Bowl 13? 

1) the world needs ditch diggers too

2) would have been good

3) would have looked more traditionally like a coup, but would have been more difficult to stop. Who would have tried to stop him and how would SS have reacted?  Does he declare himself the winner when he reaches the chamber?

Edited by Pato del Muerto