45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Would I proudly drive that sonofabitch today?

You bet your fucking ass I would.

With the windows down, cranking some Jethro Tull.  Maybe some Thin Lizzy.

Gramama's Deuce and a Quarter was my devil's chariot when I was unleashed on the female citizenry of Selma Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, GenXer said:

Resisting urge to deep fake this one

do-it-ben-stiller.gif

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

"It's a special blend cologne I developed myself, Carla.  Mixture of Hai Karate, Old Spice, and something that takes spots our." (Babe Kit) 

60% of the time it works every time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not gonna lie to you, Donald.  That doesn't make any sense.  

It is Sex Predator, not Sex Panther.  And that is a scientific fact.  I don't know why we're yelling!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

He wears shitty cologne just like us!

Speak for yourself.  My Acqua di Gio makes me smell so sexy that I have to defile myself at least once a day.

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Man, imagine future people learning about all of this. "Wait so he tried to steal the 2020 election. Everyone watched it happen in real time. Like, he tried so many different ways to steal an election he lost." 

"Yes."

"..... including phone calls that were taped, in which he instructed states to alter their vote count so he would win?"

"Yes."

".... including organizing a mob and sending them to the Capitol."

"Yes."

".... and four years later, he was the nominee again? Why was he not in jail?"

"Reasons." 

People+Figurines+&+Sculptures.jpg

• Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Man, imagine future people learning about all of this. "Wait so he tried to steal the 2020 election. Everyone watched it happen in real time. Like, he tried so many different ways to steal an election he lost." 

"Yes."

"..... including phone calls that were taped, in which he instructed states to alter their vote count so he would win?"

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Reasons." 

Because they're more worried about what his incarceration would look like to the rest of the world and our paper-holders and allies, than what his re-election would look like internally.  He goes to jail or dies of anything but natural causes with full transparency and we descend into a pitfall that will make J6 look like a fraternity prank.  We lose reserve currency status, all our notes get called, our global equity positions are proper fucked, we have to retract hundreds of thousands of personnel, our trade agreements and diplomatic status get called to the mat, and our superpower status is lowered down a couple of notches.  

He will lose and will protest it, and with violence.  And we simply have to power through it.  Then he dies.  And we have to power through that backlash.  We have a decade-long battle ahead of us that will take the lives of thousands of Americans and soil the childhood of our daughters.  But it has to be done.  It was always going to result in something like this.  It was just our time.  Guys like you and me like this place and do our part to improve it, but me personally?  I couldn't have done what my grandfather did.  I couldn't have stormed Normandy or Okinawa to preserve our way of life.  But there's another wave coming and it's our time to hurt bad people.  I think I'm finally ready.  And the kicker is I think there's a way to have them take one another out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Reasons." 

Narrator : He would soon discover that in the future, justice was not only blind, but had become rather retarded as well.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

I’ve been here saying the law is fake for years.

As have I.  Its core vulnerability is that it's just a fucking mutual agreement.  It's always been vulnerable to 1) abuse by the rich/privileged (ask a black dude from the past....entirety of US history....about that), and 2) a popular uprising against it.  That is, when enough people simply opt out of the mutual compact that is the Rule of Law, it's over.

"I have this piece of paper that says you have to do X."  In a Rule of Law society, people do what the piece of paper says.

In a Trumpian society, they say "fuck you" and go about doing whatever the fuck they want.  Which means that the only way you can require anyone else to do anything is with force/violence....which is exactly how the Trumpanzees want it to be.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

As have I.  Its core vulnerability is that it's just a fucking mutual agreement.  It's always been vulnerable to 1) abuse by the rich/privileged (ask a black dude from the past....entirety of US history....about that), and 2) a popular uprising against it.  That is, when enough people simply opt out of the mutual compact that is the Rule of Law, it's over.

"I have this piece of paper that says you have to do X."  In a Rule of Law society, people do what the piece of paper says.

In a Trumpian society, they say "fuck you" and go about doing whatever the fuck they want.  Which means that the only way you can require anyone else to do anything is with force/violence....which is exactly how the Trumpanzees want it to be.

Could be why rulers of other civilizations tended to cloak themselves in a divine right to rule, to hold back the masses. 

We tried to eschew that and for our troubles, the masses decided to cloak a monster with divine right to rule and press to install him on the throne. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, locodos said:

Narrator : He would soon discover that in the future, justice was not only blind, but had become rather retarded as well.

Oh really? 

IMG_3024.jpeg

• Haha 1

People involved in obstruction typically won't include the judiciary.  Yet here we sit.  We are going to have to win in November for any trial of consequence to even take place.  Ridiculous.  

The real problem to me isn't that lawyers are throwing everything they have at this (that after all is their job).  The problem is that judicial system is completely compromised by the politics of the day, rather than the heart of the matter.  I'm not sure how you solve that.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

People involved in obstruction typically won't include the judiciary.  Yet here we sit.  We are going to have to win in November for any trial of consequence to even take place.  Ridiculous.  

The real problem to me isn't that lawyers are throwing everything they have at this (that after all is their job).  The problem is that judicial system is completely compromised by the politics of the day, rather than the heart of the matter.  I'm not sure how you solve that.  

The Supreme Court is purposefully slow-walking something that should have been pushed to the front of the line pronto, a la Bush v Gore. And everyone (well, everyone paying attention, which is probably about 10% of society) is like "Yeah that sounds about right."

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

The Supreme Court is purposefully slow-walking something that should have been pushed to the front of the line pronto, a la Bush v Gore. And everyone (well, everyone paying attention, which is probably about 10% of society) is like "Yeah that sounds about right."

True, but I'm actually referring to how this has permeated well beneath the rungs of the Supreme Court.  To a degree, due to some judges being elected, this has always been the case, but I think in this era it's gotten far worse among appointed judges and the like.  Perhaps that's just my own frustration showing at the moment.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

This is also true.  And, even if he is defeated in November, the narrative won't change much.  At that point, the prosecutions will be "THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION IS TRYING TO BURY ME TO COVER UP THE RIGGED AND STOLLEN ELECTION!  ALL THE EXPERTS SAY I WON BY A BIG AMOUNT!  ELECTION FRAUD!"  And his cult will buy it.  And people will die in the violence.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Could be why rulers of other civilizations tended to cloak themselves in a divine right to rule, to hold back the masses. 

We tried to eschew that and for our troubles, the masses decided to cloak a monster with divine right to rule and press to install him on the throne. 

Spot on

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

854d5bb2-25bc-4205-af15-c47a540faf27.png

The Georgia case was never going to be tried before the election.  The Young Thug case has been in trial since November after 10 months of jury selection.

Also, interlocutory appeals like this do not normally stay trial proceedings.  It might here, it might not; that remains to be seen.  But trial of this case before the election was never a realistic possibility.

5 hours ago, HenryJames said:

854d5bb2-25bc-4205-af15-c47a540faf27.png

America, favoritism to the rich and powerful and everyone else can suck a dick. 

At this point, I'm not sure having a dictator would be any different.  My patience with this shit is done.  

Trump will be dictator and our legal system will have paved the road for him to do it.  Fuck the whole goddamned system. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You bring the cassettes, we'll work 'em into the rotation.  We got nothin' but time, man.  Nothin' but time.

8 Track.  C'mon, man!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

8 Track.  C'mon, man!

No, man....by my driving years, cassette was the dominant medium.  I said what I said, motherfucker.  I stand by it.  If you don't wanna ride with us, you can get in your friend's janky-ass Chevette and listen to the Carpenters or some shit.

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol you old farts. I had this bad boy with anti-shock cd player. that shit was the tits.

811Gld6t6qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Got my wife one of those...to go with the portable CD player I got her as one of our first "serious gifts" when we were dating.  Did I bundle it with an Enya CD, because chicks dig Enya?  Damn right I did.  Setting the MOOD, mofos.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Turn on 'Anti-Shock' and 'Bass-Boost' at the same time on your Discman connected to your car stereo by ^^^ that bad boy.  And you can almost listen to all of one live track by the Grateful Dead.  

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, man....by my driving years, cassette was the dominant medium.  I said what I said, motherfucker.  I stand by it.  If you don't wanna ride with us, you can get in your friend's janky-ass Chevette and listen to the Carpenters or some shit.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952kf89c45x38el42xnah

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Justice is blind.  Which means it’s slow and clumsy, like all blind things. 

And sometimes gets flattened by a delivery truck

• Hook 'Em 1