Black Teenager Shot for Ringing Wrong Doorbell

TexEx15

I believe you mistyped "Thug shot by homeowner protecting his castle."  That's how half the country -- led by voices on you know which networks -- will characterize this.

The perfect intersection of our fucked up attitudes about guns, race, and self.  This story is pure distilled America.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I have a serious question that this tragedy makes we ponder again, and I realize I'll get no straight answer.  

This young man comes to my door and knocks loudly at 3am, I don't give a shit what color he is, I'm either coming to the door with a bat, a pre-dialed cell phone, or a firearm.  But for all the "you gotta read people/sit.awareness" from the cosplay tac dipshits.  You guys can't read a fucking leaflet on famous Jewish sports legends.  A kid that young looking comes to your door in the daylight, just be a man for once and assume he's amazon, selling some shit, getting a petition signed, whatever.  I came to my door heavy one time because it was after midnight and my newborn baby and wife were asleep upstairs and the nature of the door pounding was way too aggressive.  Turned out to be drunken teens at the wrong house.  I spent ten seconds assessing their body language and slurred words and knew what was what.  Instead of ending the life of one of my neighbor's kids and having that awkward conversation at the HOA holiday party.  

But there's what I don't get.  And I 100% support you and me getting to defend our homes and families from violent invasion.  

Who the fuck knocks?  You'll find me a cursory, anecdotal example.  But is there this rash wave of armed invaders who for some bizarre fucking reason take the time to knock on your door with their gun held behind their back?  Is that a thing I just don't know about?  Either they break in, wait until your not home, or come in innocuously during the day posed as a worker/delivery guy.  are there just these AR-15 armed thugs just wandering around your suburb tract house as the street lights turn on, just politely getting you to open your door?  I dunno.

In totally unrelated news, my weapons cache says this octogenerian suddenly found out last week he has advanced alzheimer's and was scared and confused.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I have a serious question that this tragedy makes we ponder again, and I realize I'll get no straight answer.  

This young man comes to my door and knocks loudly at 3am, I don't give a shit what color he is, I'm either coming to the door with a bat, a pre-dialed cell phone, or a firearm.  But for all the "you gotta read people/sit.awareness" from the cosplay tac dipshits.  You guys can't read a fucking leaflet on famous Jewish sports legends.  A kid that young looking comes to your door in the daylight, just be a man for once and assume he's amazon, selling some shit, getting a petition signed, whatever.  I came to my door heavy one time because it was after midnight and my newborn baby and wife were asleep upstairs and the nature of the door pounding was way too aggressive.  Turned out to be drunken teens at the wrong house.  I spent ten seconds assessing their body language and slurred words and knew what was what.  Instead of ending the life of one of my neighbor's kids and having that awkward conversation at the HOA holiday party.  

But there's what I don't get.  And I 100% support you and me getting to defend our homes and families from violent invasion.  

Who the fuck knocks?  You'll find me a cursory, anecdotal example.  But is there this rash wave of armed invaders who for some bizarre fucking reason take the time to knock on your door with their gun held behind their back?  Is that a thing I just don't know about?  Either they break in, wait until your not home, or come in innocuously during the day posed as a worker/delivery guy.  are there just these AR-15 armed thugs just wandering around your suburb tract house as the street lights turn on, just politely getting you to open your door?  I dunno.

In totally unrelated news, my weapons cache says this octogenerian suddenly found out last week he has advanced alzheimer's and was scared and confused.

The police usually knock before they break in and murder you.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

A kid that young looking comes to your door in the daylight, just be a man for once and assume he's amazon, selling some shit, getting a petition signed, whatever

You're asking a lot from the people I see on here that won't answer their phone if they don't know the number. You think they're gonna get up and answer the door???

As the father of twins, I'm a little perplexed by the "Younger twin brother" statement. Who says that? I never have. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone should also open this follow up tweet and read what is cut off, if you didn’t initially do so. 

———
My nephew fell to the ground, and the man shot him again. Ralph was then able to get up and run to the neighbor's house, looking for help. Unfortunately, he had to run to 3 different homes before someone finally agreed to help him after he was told to lie on the ground with his hands up."

Straight up murder if it went down like that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Straight up murder if it went down like that.

Absolutely. Some of the articles are either poorly written or have a lot more information in them. Most say he went to pick up his younger twin brothers and went to the wrong house and was shot by the home owner (some articles saying the home owner is 82 year old white man) after knocking on the door or ringing the doorbell. After that it was shot through the door or home owner followed and kept shooting or opened the door and then shot. The kid was shot once in the head and possibly other times. Some articles say he’s not been able to talk. The reporting on this is not consistent at all but if it went down exactly the way the family is describing that is murder. 

Just a terrible outcome for a mistake we have all made at one point or another (going to the wrong door/house/car.) it’s heartbreaking. Ughhhh…

22 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Tonight, Tucker Carlson is gonna let us know this kid flunked a Geometry exam last year, therefore the homeowner was justified.

You 100% know, with absolute rock-solid certainty, that the usual suspects are doing all they can to find a way to characterize this kid as a "thug."  One of his friend's friends has a picture on FB with a joint, or is a "gangster rapper!" or something like that.  If they have to, they'll find the part of the story where he was characterized as an "excellent student," and rip him for getting a C in Geometry.  "See, he's just another loser thug who probably won't even graduate high school and who shouldn't have been terrorizing an old man, who was 100% within his rights to defend his castle."

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You 100% know, with absolute rock-solid certainty, that the usual suspects are doing all they can to find a way to characterize this kid as a "thug."  One of his friend's friends has a picture on FB with a joint, or is a "gangster rapper!" or something like that.  If they have to, they'll find the part of the story where he was characterized as an "excellent student," and rip him for getting a C in Geometry.  "See, he's just another loser thug who probably won't even graduate high school and who shouldn't have been terrorizing an old man, who was 100% within his rights to defend his castle."

The only thing wrong with the kid is he wants to go to Texas A&M…
“Yarl's goal is to study chemical engineering at Texas A&M University and visit West Africa before starting college, his aunt wrote in a GoFundMe page.”

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/17/1170479923/ralph-yarl-kansas-city-teen-shooting

What in the actual fuck?  It takes time to decide whether to charge someone with attempted murder who shot a kid in the head twice for knocking on his door.  They know damn well if it was a white kid shot by a black man, the shooter would've been arrested, and sitting. in jail, and  facing a life in prison.

Also, the Clay County Prosecutor Zachary Thompson said Monday that his office is working with police to quickly review the case and determine if the homeowner should be charged.

Edited by lemonlime

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

What in the actual fuck?  It takes over a month to decide whether to charge someone with attempted murder who shot a kid in the head twice for knocking on his door.  They know damn well if it was a white kid shot by a black man, the shooter would've been sitting in jail this whole time, facing a life in prison.

Also, the Clay County Prosecutor Zachary Thompson said Monday that his office is working with police to quickly review the case and determine if the homeowner should be charged.

It happened 4 days ago.

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Frank Drebin said:

It happened 4 days ago.

Yeah.  I edited my post.  Misread the date in the article.  Although I would still think shooting a kid in the head for no reason would, you know, lead to an immediate arrest for the safety of the community.

59 minutes ago, Sandman said:

You're asking a lot from the people I see on here that won't answer their phone if they don't know the number. You think they're gonna get up and answer the door???

As the father of twins, I'm a little perplexed by the "Younger twin brother" statement. Who says that? I never have. 

One of the later tweets said "Younger twin brothers", so I assume he has younger brothers that are twins, not that he's 3 minutes older than his twin brother or something. 

What do you suppose he meant by suggesting homeowners should blast through their front door with a shotgun to keep people away?  Ain't exactly ambiguous.

To kill black people that come to your door. Duh.

It’s like we have to say the quiet part out loud for you people.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The only thing wrong with the kid is he wants to go to Texas A&M…
“Yarl's goal is to study chemical engineering at Texas A&M University and visit West Africa before starting college, his aunt wrote in a GoFundMe page.”

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/17/1170479923/ralph-yarl-kansas-city-teen-shooting

New Shit Has Come To Light Big Lebowski GIF - New Shit Has Come To ...

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

An 80 year old white dude shot a black kid in the head for ringing his door bell, then shot him again after he fell to the ground.

Johnny Sack: Look at what Joe Biden said 40 years ago!

Good work, Deacon.

Your point stands, but Biden said that 10 years ago. Will be interesting to see how the 80 year old attempts to legally justify this horrific decision

The shooter fired a round through the door out of paranoia, and fear.  But he then googled Biden quotes in shotguns, saw what drebin quoted, and realized he needed to give chase and fire another lethal shot to the victim on the ground.  We will not be canceled!   

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

An 80 year old white dude shot a black kid in the head for ringing his door bell, then shot him again after he fell to the ground.

Johnny Sack: Look at what Joe Biden said 40 years ago!

Good work, Deacon.

I was just busting Brisket's balls for saying half the country will celebrate this.  But whatever.

If the reports are true, this guy will spend the rest of his days in prison.  And he should.

• Fuck You 7

Just now, Frank Drebin said:

I was just busting Brisket's balls for saying half the country will celebrate this.  But whatever.

If the reports are true, this guy will spend the rest of his days in prison.  And he should.

Worth it. He’s 80, and I’d be willing to bet he has spent the past 25 years mainlining the Fox News Hate Machine.

He finally got a chance to put a bullet in the head of (redacted) that had the audacity to come onto his property.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3