FFS ... "Less" and "Fewer"

Lidig8r

First, congratulations on the proper usage of the words.

However, in order for that rather salubrious act to occur, the person depositing the sperm would have to go to Lake Arrowhead, find a way to accumulate the ashes of one human being, reanimate them into a human being, obtain my dear, sainted mother's consent and then make said deposit.

36 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Because language conventions are part of ensuring that meanings are conveyed in a uniform and understandable way.  Yes, those conventions change over time, but that isn't license to talk like a dumbass and say, "So what -- you figured out what I meant."

Also, fuck the Yankees and their bandwagon fans.

Ha. You and the rest of the fatfuck trash cheating-ass Astro fans can go eat shit, bitch. You get my meaning behind that one? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 3

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Ha. You and the rest of the fatfuck trash cheating-ass Astro fans can go eat shit, bitch. You get my meaning behind that one? 

You'd have fewer arguments here if you were less of a bandwagon-jumping bitchtit.

Have an awesome day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yes, I think the meaning is clearly that you haven’t had sex since your mother sucked your dick 10 years ago and you’re pissed off about it

2 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

Sweet Blue Jumpin' Buddha on a unicycle with no seat!!

In the NCAA clock change thread, there were two consecutive posts where the use of the words "less" and "fewer" were butchered worse than an aggy at a Mensa Conference. So, let's review.  It is not that difficult.

"Fewer" is used when referring to items that can be counted individually, such as people, objects, or animals. It is used to indicate a smaller quantity or number of something. For example, "I have fewer apples than you" or "There are fewer people in the room than yesterday."

"Less," on the other hand, is used when referring to something that cannot be counted individually, such as a liquid or a concept. It is used to indicate a smaller amount or degree of something. For example, "I want less sugar in my coffee" or "There is less pollution in the air today."

A simple way to remember the difference is to think of "fewer" as referring to things you can count, and "less" as referring to things you cannot count.

We are not aggy. We are not the meth head addled people from aggy. We are not the inbred mouth breathers from Arkansas.

We are from By God, all that is right and holy TEXAS!

stripes lighten GIF

(And why is this in the football thread? Why don't we have a grammar thread?)

Edited by Deej

2 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

In the NCAA clock change thread, there were two consecutive posts where the use of the words "less" and "fewer" were butchered worse than an aggy at a Mensa Conference. So, let's review.  It is not that difficult.

"Fewer" is used when referring to items that can be counted individually, such as people, objects, or animals. It is used to indicate a smaller quantity or number of something. For example, "I have fewer apples than you" or "There are fewer people in the room than yesterday."

"Less," on the other hand, is used when referring to something that cannot be counted individually, such as a liquid or a concept. It is used to indicate a smaller amount or degree of something. For example, "I want less sugar in my coffee" or "There is less pollution in the air today."

A simple way to remember the difference is to think of "fewer" as referring to things you can count, and "less" as referring to things you cannot count.

We are not aggy. We are not the meth head addled people from aggy. We are not the inbred mouth breathers from Arkansas.

image.gif.3e0547cacdfd848b28fe99f70d7a5b95.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Now let's do Affect and Effect.

What to Know

Affect is usually a verb meaning "to produce an effect upon," as in "the weather affected his mood." Effect is usually a noun meaning "a change that results when something is done or happens," as in "computers have had a huge effect on our lives." There are exceptions, but if you think of affect as a verb and effect as a noun, you’ll be right most of the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Lidig8r said:

Post fewer

• Haha 1