2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

57 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

What about John Burt? Tall and fast but had stone hands. 

Very, very true - and just as maddening. But at least we'll always have that catch he made against Notre Dame.

I also shouldn't forget about Mal Williams and Brennan Eagles, either I guess. I wonder how much money those two guys cost themselves by not moving to safety - Williams especially. If nothing else, he was fun as hell to watch on special teams

Edited by campcrunk

2 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
8 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:
I have to admit my love for cargo shorts when traveling/flying. Passport, wallet, boarding pass, and just about anything else you need, right on your body.

Who TF prints a boarding pass out these days when flying?

Ever flown outside of the US? Many of these third world country airlines don’t exactly have the latest and greatest technology.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, campcrunk said:

If they're satisfied with Davis, then I guess I am too. This staff definitely seems to know what they're doing when it comes to evals and development.

Unlike some previous Texas staffs... I definitely don't miss a watching a bunch of tall, slow receivers with bad hands running around out there (Lil'Jordan and Colin being the exceptions, of course). 

Bobby Burton reported last night that Texas has interest in TE Amari Niblack from Bama. So again that shitheel, Eric Nahlin is wrong.

This is also a good as a time as any to point and laugh at everyone that wanted Evan Stewart (this most recent go around). Texas ended up doing better by getting Isiah Bond. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Bobby Burton reported last night that Texas has interest in TE Amari Niblack from Bama. So again that shitheel, Eric Nahlin is wrong.

This is also a good as a time as any to point and laugh at everyone that wanted Evan Stewart (this most recent go around). Texas ended up doing better by getting Isiah Bond. 

I think the "want" for Evan Stewart was just about always qualified by "if Sark thinks he's a fit." I never wrote that, but I would have fallen in that category.

Get some jollies while you point and laugh at me.  I offer tribute.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I do, all the time. It’s objectively less of a headache and when I’m slowed boarding a plane, it is inevitably some dickhead in front of me who is having app problems or forgot to have the phone unlocked or whatever, just stealing seconds off of everyone’s life around them. Check bags in, print boarding passes while doing it, tuck in back pocket, show to Clear or TSA, show to board plane, throw in trash, done. Substance over style and it wins. 

This is correct. And it's a fun bookmark.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I do, all the time. It’s objectively less of a headache and when I’m slowed boarding a plane, it is inevitably some dickhead in front of me who is having app problems or forgot to have the phone unlocked or whatever, just stealing seconds off of everyone’s life around them. Check bags in, print boarding passes while doing it, tuck in back pocket, show to Clear or TSA, show to board plane, throw in trash, done. Substance over style and it wins. 

This is the same shit for brains that looks surprised when asked for identification at security after waiting in line for 20 minutes.  I choose to use the airport as a proxy for Wal Mart - a place I can visit and immediately feel better about myself.  

• Hook 'Em 2

This.  Was hoping to see the letters DL  or LB next to some incoming portals. 

I don't know. Having a bunch of great receivers available for a top QB sounds kind of like a good thing to me. I also don't know what may still happen at other positions.

• Hook 'Em 2

We’re losing Worthy, Mitchell and Whittington, along with special teams ace Keilan Robinson. Bolden would be a Swiss Army knife with receiving, special teams, jet sweeps, etc. Cook and Moore will have their opportunity after winning Sark and Jackson’s trust over the last year. Wingo and the other freshmen will learn. Not sure about Niblett’s role. Yes, Sarkisian keeps a tight rotation, and the WR room would be approaching Herman-era numbers, but maybe he would like to use more if he had the confidence to use more.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I’m confused by that. We’re going to allocate resources to THREE portal WR? Does Johntay Cook still exist?

I’m hoping Texas is in the position going forward to continue picking up top WRs based on actual college production. I think the best scenario is taking one absolute “can’t miss” and one speedy project from high school, while constantly reloading from the portal as necessary.

How many of the high school star WRs turn out to be mediocre or busts in college? Money is best allocated to proven commodities in certain skill positions, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I’m confused by that. We’re going to allocate resources to THREE portal WR? Does Johntay Cook still exist?

Here’s hoping Sark had a long sit down with Jerritt Elliot on how to raid the portal, keep players happy and win championships. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Yeah, I think it is dumb given that we are worried about having the resources for a portal TE. Plus, we need a DT as well.

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, I think it is dumb given that we are worried about having the resources for a portal TE. Plus, we need a DT as well.

Heisman-level QB and one of the best offensive minds in football coaching the team - it’s an attractive situation for any receiver who hits the portal. Why not take advantage of that?  I understand resources aren’t unlimited - but if WR is where the quality is - I’d rather funds go there than pay for some middling DT who is attractive only because we’re desperate  

Also, I think Sark wants Quinn to throw for 4k yards. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

‘Member when I said the Az guy at rescue er and got laughed at?  Yeah, we should get him still. 
Niblick, Oatis, the corner from Washington and a punter- thats the 4 to close it out with. 

You were laughed at because there was zero substance to the guy going anywhere. And the portal closed and he went nowhere. It was click bait that started that line of discussion. So don’t do the revising history shit where if he goes in now, with Fisch being gone, and tell us you called it. You didn’t. And he still isn’t in. 

But yeah, if you’ve got seven figures lying around and want to just go moneywhip a bunch of players, you should look at an NIL strategy for it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Heisman-level QB and one of the best offensive minds in football coaching the team - it’s an attractive situation for any receiver who hits the portal. Why not take advantage of that?  I understand resources aren’t unlimited - but if WR is where the quality is - I’d rather funds go there than pay for some middling DT who is attractive only because we’re desperate  

Isiah Bolden would be insane in 21 personnel with Blue as the other back with Bond, Golden, and Cook/Wingo/Moore. 

Just now, Laxtonto said:

Bolden might be a Kelian Robinson gadget replacement guy and ST monster…

Not sure that is going to be the best sell for him, but if he is WR #4, holy shit…

Keilan is a gadget player because he's limited offensively. Bolden is just a straight up playmaker with far superior hands. 

21 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Gonna be hard to throw for 4k when he doesn’t play much beyond halftime.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

sub a receiver for a tight end and same shit. Who gives a shit about verbiage. 

If you're attempting to use the term, I figure you give a shit about it. Otherwise, why use it?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Gonna run out of pearls to clutch, ma’am. It’s only January, so I’d suggest setting up routine appointments to remove the sand from your vagina. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Why the fuck are you guys flying commercial in the first place? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

it's the concept of it with all the talent we have. Who gives a shit about splitting hairs if it is a TE or a WR  who is on the field at the time.

TTLP and move on. Don't make the mistake bigger than it was

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.