2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Guessing the polls will start off with Georgia at 1 and Texas at 2. We've got Michigan and OU before Georgia, but that potentially is the biggest home game for Texas since I suppose the 1 vs 2 Ohio St game.

We are going to have Gameday two weeks in a row aren't we?

• Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It is absolutely wild to think that Texas is losing its WR1, WR2, and TE1 to the NFL Draft - all in the top 2 rounds - and that next years passing game could be better.

And don't forget Quinn Ewers coming back with two seasons under Sark's system.  It's possible that our WR/TE talent might not be as good as last years, but Quinn's experience is certainly a strong factor in the passing game.

• Hook 'Em 3

And don't forget Quinn Ewers coming back with two seasons under Sark's system.  It's possible that our WR/TE talent might not be as good as last years, but Quinn's experience is certainly a strong factor in the passing game.

AND the OLine with another offseason under Flood.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

We are going to have Gameday two weeks in a row aren't we?

at Michigan probably
OU game
Georgia

Depending on how Michigan's season goes, maybe we get gameday @ aggy instead of Michigan/Ohio State

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

So here we are...the modern day equivalent of the Darrell Royal unlimited scholarship era....

This is the second time you've made a comment like this trying to generate traction. Do you have something you want to say? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I was expecting a transition and slightly down year in 2024.  Sark says nope.

14 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

So here we are...the modern day equivalent of the Darrell Royal unlimited scholarship era....

That was never really a thing.  SWC had scholarship limits in 1965.  And Texas conference competition signed larger classes than we did routinely.  It is Aggie propaganda and complete bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is the second time you've made a comment like this trying to generate traction. Do you have something you want to say? 

It's just like the unlimited scholarship era except for the unlimited scholarships. Can't you see the connection?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Either I was drunk and forgot about any such other comment, or you're mistaking me with someone else....

19 minutes ago, statsman said:

I looked at BamaOnline. They have a thread where concern is expressed for the Longhorn players that will have to leave in order to make the numbers work. Who will take care of them?

I am stunned. Fans of Nick Saban’s old team are shocked that another team is churning the bottom of its roster in order to make room for more talented players. Where have they been the last 15 years? Did they really think those third year Alabama LBs, stuck on third team on the depth chart, came up with the idea of transferring to Western Kentucky all on their own?

Sounds like they’ll have some room to take on a few kids. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Mark "HailSaban" as someone completely full of shit and claiming sources for future reference. Mark the rest of these guys down as absolute imbeciles if they think anyone would pay 7 figures, much less mid 7 figures, for a solid WR from a portal with many other solid WRs. 

Tell your coworker to get better sources or to stop lying to you. I can tell you with certainty that what he told is wrong and he's full of shit. 

He's a pretty straight shooter, so I'm guessing he just got told a fat fib. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Or you have an opportunity to shore up positions on the roster that would have been question marks heading into the season

The talent on campus at these positions is young, unproven, or both. 

Jabbar Muhammad would put us in position to cross train Brooks at the other db positions if needed. Having all that proven performance in the secondary and at WR makes it easier to evaluate the young guys there too.

Iron sharpens iron. 

36 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don’t think it’s necessarily concerns as much as the talent on campus is young and untested (I guess that’s just a pedantic argument over the word ‘concerns’) . Also WR/DB are the most loaded positions in the portal. Why not go out and get the best if you have the ability. 

Sure, the talent on campus is young, but I had to assume they were at least 18, your honor.

52 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, I realize you're joking here, but this is the gnashing of teeth that we'll be hearing from everyone, eventually even pundits. "Texas is buying everything so what's the point?" We will be painted as ruining the sport, again. 

Head coach left, kids can leave. 

Do you think more emphasis from Sark to CDC on generating NIL funds as part of his raise discussion occurred? Just asking out of curiosity and I know you can use the load off your back 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

at Michigan probably
OU game
Georgia

Depending on how Michigan's season goes, maybe we get gameday @ aggy instead of Michigan/Ohio State

Why would Gameday go to B/CS for a meaningless game between a playoff bound team and a 5-6 aggy team where it will be backups in for most of the second half? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Herpa Derpa said:

Why would Gameday go to B/CS for a meaningless game between a playoff bound team and a 5-6 aggy team where it will be backups in for most of the second half? 

Return of a bitter rivalry after over a decade? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, South Austin said:

This is already a better WR room than last year. Will they produce like it? Who knows.

The drop off from Sanders to Niblack is probably a solid one, but it’s hard to determine the kind of output he and Bond would have in a more competent passing offense. At the very least, he provides a different look in the red zone and on money downs. 

The team needs to gel over the offseason for things to really start to take off. 

46 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

WR and DB is getting a complete makeover. They must really have some concerns about some that are on campus already. 

I think DB is a necessity due to our front as of now. Also we want to play a different more aggressive coverage style and the guys we are bringing in fit that. Be better in coverage to allow the edges we have to get home. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

...is this a drunk version of Muhammad's box celebration or what

I think Johntay fucked up when trying to tweet out the Konami Code (tex - you can ask one of the olds/boomers around here what that is)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

40 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I originally assumed Matt Golden was coming here to have more of a target share than he has in his career thus far. I’m glad he’s good with all these other receivers coming in. 

He played with Tank Dell and Clayton Tune, two guys currently the NFL. He's not playing with those guys at UH next year. As good as Worthy was, he left a lot of yards and TDs on the field by not being able to track and adjust his routes. Golden is going to put up big numbers with 4+ other NFL skill position talent on the field.

• Hook 'Em 2

I will go ahead and spitball Bond at $500k all in. 3M is loony tunes nuts and 750k seems too much for him now. 
The AZ kid in my fantasy would have gotten more than 1M but that’s about it. I could see Downs getting 7 figure guarantee over his 2 years somewhere. But that’s 2 years of a proven on campus top 10 nfl draft pick. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He played with Tank Dell and Clayton Tune, two guys currently the NFL. He's not playing with those guys at UH next year. As good as Worthy was, he left a lot of yards and TDs on the field by not being able to track and adjust his routes. Golden is going to put up big numbers with 4+ other NFL skill position talent on the field.

He played with Donovan smith, Samuel brown and Joseph manjack last year. 

My point is that, in the past, we’ve seen WRs further down the depth chart (B. Thompson) whine about the WR room getting crowded. It’s good to see him supporting all the new people who could potentially reduce his targets this year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Also you were right CTJ, they're mad.

GEJtNwBWYAAB2oK?format=png&name=small

Karma was visiting us for about 13 years between the last time Texas played Bama away from DKR and September 9th, 2023. Unfortunately for Bama, Karma decided it liked the scenery in Tuscaloosa and has decided it will hang around for about the next 10-200 years and grow some roots there. Tough break for them, no doubt. Good luck to Karma, though, and good riddance.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I will go ahead and spitball Bond at $500k all in. 3M is loony tunes nuts and 750k seems too much for him now. 
The AZ kid in my fantasy would have gotten more than 1M but that’s about it. I could see Downs getting 7 figure guarantee over his 2 years somewhere. But that’s 2 years of a proven on campus top 10 nfl draft pick. 

I feel that I speak for everyone here when I say no one here is interested in hearing about your fantasies in general, and particularly about the fucking AZ kid that you won't stop jerking off to and then draggging it onto this board daily. Or your fantasies about what you think the kid was worth, which literally no one else apparently thought he was worth.  

Stop It, Get Help.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

I can't ever unsee Nickelback when I look at this guy's name.  Thanks, assholes.

Lucky for you, Nickelback is on the Houston Rodeo lineup this year.  Shitty seats for a shitty band start at $40.  No thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Guys like Bond, if they want one, will get a Lamborghini on lease while they're at school

I’d be curious to know if the lambo dealer is expecting or realizing a ROI on this program. How many units are they putting into the program and at what cost to them, presumably mostly on depreciation?  

I realize this is not my concern, but if it’s public info that I just don’t know then I’d like to be enlightened. Otherwise I’ll mind my business. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.