2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

15 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again - turn off pos rep in the cloak room. Only neg rep. The problem will solve itself because all those chucklefucks will neg each other to death. 

or all cloak room rep is counted into a separate "Red Flag" category that we can all easily see with their username and avatar.  This will make it much easier to dismiss, put on ignore or fatwa.

"Mrs Merrick. While we appreciate all.you do for the university and while we have really loved having Matthew on the team. We've come to a point where building a championship team, and scholarships being in limited supply , where it no longer feasible to keep Matthew on scholarship. 

We would be more than happy to keep him on as a PW...Mrs Merrick!  Please. Theres no reason to act this way.  Mrs. Merrick please!  NO!!  Not the trophy case!  Please calm down mrs. Merrick. Security!!!

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

In an effort to get this bitch back on track.

Texas may have an interest in Johnson/CB out of UM per CJ.

this is not a shot at you mopar, just at CJ

...thanks for going way out on a limb there CJ. i'm pretty sure that every single football program in america is probably interested in a 6'2" CB who was the #16 on3 composite recruit in the country, a freshman AA and named a first or second team AA  as well as a consensus all big 10 selection as a soph.

image.thumb.png.680dddda68461cb6d263e95c5688e6da.png

Edited by NoName

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

If something were to occur, there will likely be very little dry powder left in the next window for anything.  

Therefore, I seriously doubt anything further happens for Texas in the portal until the late spring period. 

Maybe we can ask aggy academics for a "loan":

a. they aren't using the money

b. I hear they hand it out like candy to support football

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I continue to be surprised by the resolve at the top of the Texas world when it comes to the transfer portal. I say this as a clear hedge against what my actual expectations are with remaining talent in the portal (Michigan, Bama, anything from the other schools). 

Guys from the Michigan defense seem highly improbable to leave if Moore gets the gig. Several are legacies and natives of the state of Michigan. 

That said, if someone leaves there, the math to make that work in a transfer will be really serious.  At some point, for all schools, I assume there is a limit. As well, while the portal window is open, the school admission window is damned near closed at Texas and elsewhere. 

I will offer the same POV in this regard to anyone like McMillon at UA or talent at UW. 

If something were to occur, there will likely be very little dry powder left in the next window for anything.  

Therefore, I seriously doubt anything further happens for Texas in the portal until the late spring period. 

I don’t know fuck about shit but my thought is they’ve got a guy that won games as an acting HC this season that the team loves.   That decision has probably already been made and I don’t think many will leave.   I also don’t feel like Harbaugh has the allure that Saban had.   I don’t feel there’s a ton of kids at Michigan that are there or would leave directly because Harbaugh isn’t their coach. 

4 minutes ago, BlackCat said:

So to get rep all I had to do was pretend like I’m Ketchum and shitpost all over the cloak room? Must be some real winners in there. 

This is the type of information literacy you can expect from someone that has a problem with the CR

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

no one asks me, and I don't pretend to have deep insight into the transfer portal game, but I think it makes sense to wait until the next window in April rather than try to scramble to get someone off Michigan's roster now, unless it is a homerun DT. 

we could try to rush a transfer in the next 5 days, or we could wait until April when

• we have a DL coach
  • there may be more coaching changes Including defensive coaches, and thus more players looking to make a change
  • guys at programs where there was a coaching change may realize the new staff isn't as good as the old staff, including guys who gave the new staff a chance rather than portal immediately
  • two of our DT will either have just been drafted or there will be a bunch of hype about their draft prospects
  • guys on Michigan's roster now who are smart will wait until spring when there are more bidders (some schools already have closed enrollment)
  • we have a little better sense of our own roster needs

idk, just my gut reaction.  I would be inclined to wait, absent some other special knowledge I'm missing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Ohio State is arguable wining the portal game by a decent margin - wonder if they could flip anyone from Michigan. Would be funny. 

They have six commits, at an avg of 94.00 (first overall), two of which are QBs. Sayin is a huge get for the future; Howard is largely unreliable/unpredictable but should contribute this season. Downs and Judkins (boy, that RB tandem is going to be great) are day-one impacts, as is McLaughlin as a guard.

Texas has eight commits, at an avg of 92.00 (second overall). All but one (Blackshire) are day-one impacts in some fashion, with six being likely starters.

By average, tOSU is winning the portal, but I wouldn't trade Texas' transfer class for theirs.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Ohio State is arguable wining the portal game by a decent margin - wonder if they could flip anyone from Michigan. Would be funny. 

If they're putting their effort in wining, we should focus on dining.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The thing about Ryan Day is he loads up on positions like WR, DB'S, adn QBs, but nothing else. His o-line is garbage, and his defense is mid. He's probably getting fired after this season when he loses to Michigan for the 4th time. Looking at their transfer portal haul, and shocker, it's QBS, DB, and shitty lineman from Bama, and a good RB. 1 defensive player. Looking at their recruit class and it'mostly offense with a few CB's, S, and 2 EDGE guys and 1 LB. Color me shocked. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The thing about Ryan Day is he loads up on positions like WR, DB'S, adn QBs, but nothing else. His o-line is garbage, and his defense is mid. He's probably getting fired afree this season when he loses to Michigan for the 4th time. Looking at their transfer portal haul, and shocker, it's QBS, DB, and shitty lineman from Bama, and a good RB. 1 defensive player. Looking at their recruit class and it'mostly offense with a few CB's, S, and 2 EDGE guys and 1 LB. Color me shocked. 

Bill O'Brien will get them back on track.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, MuellerHorn said:

They have six commits, at an avg of 94.00 (first overall), two of which are QBs. Sayin is a huge get for the future; Howard is largely unreliable/unpredictable but should contribute this season. Downs and Judkins (boy, that RB tandem is going to be great) are day-one impacts, as is McLaughlin as a guard.

Texas has eight commits, at an avg of 92.00 (second overall). All but one (Blackshire) are day-one impacts in some fashion, with six being likely starters.

By average, tOSU is winning the portal, but I wouldn't trade Texas' transfer class for theirs.

Oh I def wouldn't either - they have needs that Texas didn't so get "names" more than us this year. They've been embarrassed so much, their NIL is going to be off the charts big because of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Oh I def wouldn't either - they have needs that Texas didn't so get "names" more than us this year. They've been embarrassed so much, their NIL is going to be off the charts big because of it. 

All true.

The conference will be more difficult with the new additions, but Michigan surely will experience a drop off. So, I imagine tOSU's incredibility motivated given:

• Three-straight Ls in "The Game"
  • Michigan's title
  • Harbaugh is gone, so there is newfound optimism

Their recruiting has been very good; however, just alright on OL (for a blueblood), and not terribly deep at DL. I'm interested to watch what @closetojumping has been stating, as the lack of OL recruiting should show itself soon.   

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He was probably just some average, clueless fan. And just wanted to talk Texas football.

"Get the fuck out of here you son of a bitch! Eat some more fucking ham." 

To be honest, him being a ketch lackey seemed likely. However what did him in was his "Tom Herman needed more time," take. Man went -900 rep in a day after that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

To be honest, him being a ketch lackey seemed likely. However what did him in was his "Tom Herman needed more time," take. Man went -900 rep in a day after that.

The bolded makes me think the whole thing was a bit, or morphed into a bit after the reactions. Surely there are no Texas fans who actually believe the Herman nonsense.

1 minute ago, theBigHen said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

Who else will carry on the bit?

He'll be back with a new handle in a day or two, and he'll be incapable of altering his posting style or behavior, so then we get the fun of sniffing him out repeatedly. Sort of like Carl. This is a gift. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He'll be back with a new handle in a day or two, and he'll be incapable of altering his posting style or behavior, so then we get the fun of sniffing him out repeatedly. Sort of like Carl. This is a gift. 

My favorite part is the absolute refusal to acknowledge people calling him out for the bit, and I hope he continues to not acknowledge it if he comes back. The closest he's come was negging me once for calling out how stupid one of his posts was.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.