2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

29 minutes ago, NoName said:

just to be clear, he fucking quit on his high school team.

...then tried to come back and his team voted not to allow him to, at a time when he was the #1 RB recruit in the country.

edit: been clarified above the coaches said no, not team/captains

I remember when it went down and was reported on here. 

My problem with the whole thing was the coaches said " ok, we will have a team vote whether to let you back or not"  .  the team voted to let him come back. Then the coaches said nope. 

Sorry, thats some chicken shit right there. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I remember when it went down and was reported on here. 

My problem with the whole thing was the coaches said " ok, we will have a team vote whether to let you back or not"  .  the team voted to let him come back. Then the coaches said nope. 

Sorry, thats some chicken shit right there. 

image.thumb.png.e8eb69f2b13e74929f17b236a9a7f4ea.png

"Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't teach, teach sports."

Few ego's rival that of a HS Coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I actually don’t remember that guy at all, looks like he was originally offered by the old staff. 

How in the Kris Ross do you go from 6-1 220 as a recruit to 5-11 207 after a few years of college S&C and nutrition?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Blue ans Baxter is going to midgole opposing defenses. We all knew once Blue got his chance he would explode. Seeing him show he Dan run north-south will shoot him up draft boards, especially with his hands. Fast, strong, quick, with incredible hands will make him a huge commodity during draft time next season unless he comes back, which if he goes for over 1300 yards with 8+ TD's, he shouldn't. Easiest way to keep selling the RB position. Choice is a wizard 

"All your bases are belong to us"?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I actually don’t remember that guy at all, looks like he was originally offered by the old staff. 

How in the Kris Ross do you go from 6-1 220 as a recruit to 5-11 207 after a few years of college S&C and nutrition?

They were probably trying to grow his arms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

I was picking my daughter up from school the other day and "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead came on my iPhone shuffle over the stereo and she started singing along. I told her that I had no idea she even knew who Radiohead was, let alone liked them and she looked me square in the eyes and goes:

"Oh yeah, I love the oldies."

I wanted to cry

We are as far from that song release as that song release is from the Beatles coming to America. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

We are as far from that song release as that song release is from the Beatles coming to America. 

Thanks SO MUCH for that fun little factoid. It really made my whole day. I don't know you at all but I hate you so fucking much right now

• Haha 8

On 2/5/2024 at 4:11 PM, BachelorTrek said:

From Canton, Ohio, went to a catholic prep school there, then neuter-dumb for a BA and the '66 MNC.

Then he got his JD at U of Minnesota law school and worked as an attorney in the offseasons -- all during his NFL playing career for the Vikes.

I watched Page play on TV in the mud and snow of the old outdoor Metropolitan Stadium that they played in back then--- Chuck Foreman (#44), Fran Tarkenton (#10), and one Bobby Moore (#28 - later changed his name to Ahmad Rashad) were some of his teammates.

Alan Page worked doing construction when he was young and still in Canton, Ohio, and actually helped build the Pro Football Hall of Fame building where he would be enshrined in years later.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Xminus6 said:

Why does he have a deer in his crotch?

He just shit that deer and he's working on another one. We all have our specialties...mine's fruit salad. Tommie Harris was a helmet shitter. Unicorns shit rainbows. It's science.

I was picking my daughter up from school the other day and "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead came on my iPhone shuffle over the stereo and she started singing along. I told her that I had no idea she even knew who Radiohead was, let alone liked them and she looked me square in the eyes and goes:
"Oh yeah, I love the oldies."
I wanted to cry
Cry with joy that your daughter isn't exclusively into the crap they call music these days or the fact you're inching closer to shopping for mobility scooters?
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Da Fino said:

This is the best way to get a sense for how long ago something was. For example, we are as far from Texas A&M's only real national championship in football as that championship was from violence breaking out in the Border War in 1855.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is the best way to get a sense for how long ago something was. For example, we are as far from Texas A&M's only real national championship in football as that championship was from violence breaking out in the Border War in 1855.

Wild. Nikola Tesla hadn't even been born yet. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

Wild. Nikola Tesla hadn't even been born yet. 

Even more relevant and wild, Knute Rockne hadn't been born yet and Paul Bear Bryant wouldn't be born for another 60 years.

Edited by Bevo
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

Blue is a threat to house it every time he gets the ball, but Baxter stepped up big and showed a lot in the game against Iowa State right after Brooks got hurt.  We are extremely lucky to have both of them and they are both going to be important pieces of next year's team.

You sound like Sark.  Anyway, hi Steve!  

5 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Radiohead era had actual rock bands. Today it’s garbage mumble rap and sad teenage girl songs.

• Rage+1 1

Every decade of music has shit music. Some decades have a much higher end of the good stuff. The 70s 80s and 90s are probably the top 3 decades for music all around and set the standard. I'd say the 2020s so far is one of the weaker decades of music. 

Radio/industry is dominated by two genres(country/hiphop) now with pop third and that doesn't give you the ingredients for a great decade. Aslo the fact that Rock/Alternative is almost non-existent now and pop coming in 3rd. Yes we have our subset of Texas Red dirt/grunge country music now days but that is small to medium sized subset. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 2/7/2024 at 4:38 PM, Bevo said:

and you couldn't tailgate because cars wouldn't be invented for another 30 years.

Tailgates are named for the same fold down panel found on the back of some chuck wagon designs. Tailgating was totally possible back then, but the cattle, sheep or pig would need to be a fairly fresh slaughter and beer would have to cool down in nearby stream.

27 minutes ago, ousux said:

Tailgates are named for the same fold down panel found on the back of some chuck wagon designs. Tailgating was totally possible back then, but the cattle, sheep or pig would need to be a fairly fresh slaughter and beer would have to cool down in nearby stream.

Thanks for that info Woodrow.

• Haha 5

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.