Cruz vs Allred - 2024

Pancho

On 5/6/2023 at 10:38 PM, troph said:

If I wasn’t trans and was ok with death threats I’d fucking run - the gun issue isn’t hard - love guns, show you love them, then be like “but not a fan of kids getting mowed down so let’s do something.”

So fucking easy for Beto or Colin to go to south texas, kill a deer, pose with rifle and dead dear, and post photo.

Profit.  Better yet, befriend Peter Attia and start raving about your love of axis venison and how wonderful it is to hunt axis dear.  Axis -- that's a bonus word.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:21 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If Allred and Cruz debate, Allred should start off the debate by self-deprecatingly saying that "I'm not a skilled debater like my opponent is.  I didn't have the advantage of taking debate classes at fancy private high schools like Mr. Cruz did. I was too busy working to help my school teacher mom pay the bills and playing football. I saw football as my ticket to the life I wanted. So, while Ted was in debate classes, I was a linebacker. Playing football. A lot of football.  So I may not come off as slick as Mr. Cruz, but there are some things that are more important than being slick. Football players, of which I am one, tend not to sound as slick as those who went to private schools, took debate classes, and didn't play football."  

Allred should challenge Cruz to an Oklahoma Drill on the debate stage. 

49425fbfe1d8247cb5454dfead606ced

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/9/2023 at 9:21 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If Allred and Cruz debate, Allred should start off the debate by self-deprecatingly saying that "I'm not a skilled debater like my opponent is.  I didn't have the advantage of taking debate classes at fancy private high schools like Mr. Cruz did. I was too busy working to help my school teacher mom pay the bills and playing football. I saw football as my ticket to the life I wanted. So, while Ted was in debate classes, I was a linebacker. Playing football. A lot of football.  So I may not come off as slick as Mr. Cruz, but there are some things that are more important than being slick. Football players, of which I am one, tend not to sound as slick as those who went to private schools, took debate classes, and didn't play football."  

Political fan fiction is weird

If he's willing to do that, he might as well do this, it'd probably get more votes --

• Hook 'Em 2

For the life of me, I don’t see the polish and erudition that is routinely associated with Cruz. I see Elmer Gantry.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/12/2023 at 11:17 AM, WBT said:

fap fap fap

On 5/8/2023 at 7:42 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

image.thumb.png.88d94af17601cafd5ab742d29245eb54.png

It wouldn't be easy on us, and it might forever damage our children, but I dont hate the idea of a few hundred thousand of those getting plastered all over the state. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/12/2023 at 11:17 AM, WBT said:

You got political fan fiction out of this? All I was trying to do was emphasize the fact that Allred should use the word "football" 217 times in any debate, being that football is right up there with Jesus and brisket as talismans that represent Texas values while at the same time making oblique fun of Ted's pudgy, non-football body. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Get Wrecked Yeah Right GIF by NETFLIX

Seems like a campaign attack ad that ChatGPT could easily write. 

"Ted Cruz jokes about deserting Texas during the winter storm when hundreds died and billions in property was damaged. Why? Because he knows he can do whatever he wants and you won't hold him accountable. So he laughs at you, he mocks you while you freeze... while your kids are scared to go to school... while women lose their freedom of choice."

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Get Wrecked Yeah Right GIF by NETFLIX

This is a shit move even for Ted.  He really does revel in the hate, but this is weird even for him.  

in other news, ted went inside the Cancun grill to request a table of four to dine with his wife and children but had to leave abruptly because, like real Cancun, they hate him and left 

• Haha 3

5 fucking restaurants with Cancun in the name within 20 minutes of his place in Houston and Sen. Cruntz has to travel all the way to Midland to find a photo op?  

Oh right, right.  You're never really in Houston for more than a fundraiser because your family fucking hates you.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/6/2023 at 8:07 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, oof, gzus.

There are ways to make that point easily without sounding extreme.  That ain't one of em and was a kiss of death for Beto.

I think it’s important for the larger society to learn how to normalize a healthy dispassion about guns. There’s nothing wrong with not loving guns.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Damn, he is fucking impressive.  It's unfair to compare him, but Allred has all the attributes that Beto was lacking.  

I don't know how it'll translate statewide in 2024, but if it's true-that it's all about the person next to you---I want the person next to me to be Allred.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn, he is fucking impressive.  It's unfair to compare him, but Allred has all the attributes that Beto was lacking.  
I don't know how it'll translate statewide in 2024, but if it's true-that it's all about the person next to you---I want the person next to me to be Allred.  
It's ridiculous that someone like Allred has to run against someone as unlikable as Ted Cruz to have a chance at winning a statewide election. I believe whole-heartedly that he can beat Cruz. I also think he loses to Patrick, Paxton, or Abbott. Fuck this state.

On 5/19/2023 at 4:32 PM, Satchel said:

I think it’s important for the larger society to learn how to normalize a healthy dispassion about guns. There’s nothing wrong with not loving guns.

I would love for the country as a whole and this state especially to realize owning a bajillion guns isn't you're ticket to big-dickdom.  Unfortunately for those of us that are packing real meat, we are way out numbered by the shroom peni.

4 hours ago, tchookem said:

Dude has "it". I'm convinced he can win.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxKtJ-ENsATopzomm0lqM4k7SUs7Su8d76

He's going to get steamrolled.  I'll bet $100 to the winner's charity of choice he loses by a larger margin than Beto did to Rafael.

4 hours ago, tchookem said:

It's unfair to compare him, but Allred has all the attributes that Beto was lacking.  

He's not white.

• Rage+1 1

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Are we going to ignore the fact that Ted Cruz actively assisted Donald Trump in trying to stay in power despite losing the election?

Does that play well with Texas voters?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...