Roschon already making an impression in Chicago

shadow_operative

4 hours ago, immamac said:

If I was your daughter or I heard one of my parents speak of me this way I’d be pretty upset. 

If you were my daughter you would have already had this mentioned to you directly. We are not a "participation trophy" house. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

I think all of our draft picks (and udfa's) are going to reflect well on the university they came from. None of them fucked up in college, I can't imagine that will change once they get some real money and a contract to fulfill.

Everyone knew Bijan was going to be an instant millionaire once he left UT, but I'm very happy Rojo can now take care of his family for life and leave a great legacy. Speaking of..we need to get both busy having sons that will wear burnt orange some day, no idea if either has a gf at the moment but the sooner the better

• Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, troph said:

I get what it means, I’m the expectation setter in our house. I don’t think it warrants a headline that’s all.  I DO think he’s going to be a bad ass for them though.

NFL and teams needs stories. His is a good one, so it looks like their running with it. 

Fwiw, when he signed, a good friend of mine said, "No. You don't get it. Roschon Johnson is a fucking man."

He was not using hyperbole. He meant it as we saw it. 

Point being, the Bears are taking notice. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I love hearing stories like this. I remember in Prescott's first year in Dallas, mid to late season, he was on the bench and threw his wadded up drink cup toward the garbage can on the sideline. It didn't go in. Instead of leaving it there or waiting for some staff guy to pick it up, Prescott took off his headset, went and picked the cup up and put it in the trash can. Simple thing, liked the guy ever since.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I wonder if she agrees? Sloppy sex is the best sex. You might be too tidy. 

However, I now understand your micro-aggression towards this subject. You’re tired of cleaning up after your wife.

Micro aggression? Meh. The dude is being lauded for cleaning up, I think the fact that grown men are licking the bowl on this is just kinda funny.

As for my special person she said she was a slob really early on and at one point I saw her bathroom and I was horrified, but she had already sealed the deal. But I don’t mind cleaning up, because I’m a leader. 

Edited by troph

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I know many women who would lick a lot more than a bowl for a man who would clean up.

It’s a tough hill to climb, throwing away a water bottle so the reward must match the effort.

34 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

So this is actually a wager on how long Jerry will live?

Idk Bears have been stuck in not spending money mode for years….  Might be changing and looks better right now but still owned by a 100 year lady and in the same family for over 80 years…. Only NFL ownership on level with the Cowboys in being bad.  

Edited by Hook1997

12 hours ago, ousux said:

I think all of our draft picks (and udfa's) are going to reflect well on the university they came from. None of them fucked up in college, I can't imagine that will change once they get some real money and a contract to fulfill.

Everyone knew Bijan was going to be an instant millionaire once he left UT, but I'm very happy Rojo can now take care of his family for life and leave a great legacy. Speaking of..we need to get both busy having sons that will wear burnt orange some day, no idea if either has a gf at the moment but the sooner the betteremoji869.png

Why settle at one?  They should sew their seed far and wide 100 times to make sure. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

On 5/7/2023 at 9:26 AM, troph said:

Jesus I love the guy and do think he’s a leader but this speaks more about how slobbish and unthoughtful some of the guys are more than anything. Some kids were at the house yesterday and doors left open and things left out. I closed all the doors, can I have a press conference (and an NFL contract) saying how amazing I am because I closed the doors? 

This is different since your kid (i.e. if he were Roschon) should have been the one telling his friends to pick up their shit and close those doors. Instead it sound like everyone expected Dad to do it. I am not saying your kid participated but just in case my assumptions are correct I have some advice, next time make your kid pickup all his friends shit it will go a long way. I failed to do so and it shows up later and cost real money because they still expect Dad to clean up and you are use to it by then. You will stop at some point but it just easier for you and for them if it happens early.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

This is different since your kid (i.e. if he were Roschon) should have been the one telling his friends to pick up their shit and close those doors. Instead it sound like everyone expected Dad to do it. I am not saying your kid participated but just in case my assumptions are correct I have some advice, next time make your kid pickup all his friends shit it will go a long way. I failed to do so and it shows up later and cost real money because they still expect Dad to clean up and you are use to it by then. You will stop at some point but it just easier for you and for them if it happens early.

yeah a lot of incorrect assumptions, pretty much 1-2 incorrect assumptions per sentence. not even worth correcting.

On 5/7/2023 at 11:14 AM, 927 E. 41st said:

I know you get it, but many won't. I have a daughter that dresses like a slob. Her car and her apartment are always a mess. She is smart (working on her masters degree) and beautiful (no pictures) but doesn't yet understand that those things say something to others about the way you think and how you operate. I believe they also say the same thing to your own brain and will act accordingly. Kind of a corollary to ADM McRaven's "make your bed".

I never make my bed (except when I put on clean sheets).  I just mess it up the next day.  Its inefficient and unnecessary.  Other than that, it was a good speech.

But I do pick up water bottles.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 9:26 AM, troph said:

Jesus I love the guy and do think he’s a leader but this speaks more about how slobbish and unthoughtful some of the guys are more than anything. Some kids were at the house yesterday and doors left open and things left out. I closed all the doors, can I have a press conference (and an NFL contract) saying how amazing I am because I closed the doors? 

You witless dish rag

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2023 at 11:00 PM, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I know many women who would lick a lot more than a bowl for a man who would clean up.

I know many woman who say that, but when push comes to shove, so to speak… always balk. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/13/2023 at 8:09 PM, MrBig said:

I’ve heard this story before somewhere.

I am certainly not trying to diminish RJ (or Richardson) but I feel like every two bit agent is gonna float this story about their client every year for the next twenty seasons.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/38235263/evaluating-all-259-picks-2023-nfl-draft-training-camp-preseason#CHI

Round 4 (No. 115): Roschon Johnson, RB. Johnson earned his way into reps with the first-team offense and will be part of what's morphing into a three-headed monster in the Bears backfield. One area where he could make an early impact is passing downs given his strengths in pass protection.

Judging from Chicago's first two drives today, this Herbert cat is a total spare.

Starting job should be RoJo's to lose...and nobody's talking about him. Announcers went through the Bears' draft class and just skipped right past him.

(In other news from that game, Josh Allen appears to have actually improved. Scary.)