Trump Town Hall thread, all snowflakes welcome

jimmyjazz

Just now, Pods said:

Honest question, why are y'all rewarding CNN by watching this bullshit?

Aaron Rupar and others will post the greatest hits, you don't need to give CNN/Trump the ratings. 

Yup.  I’ve watched 30 mins and I’ve turned it off.  Fuck them 

8 minutes ago, Pods said:

Aaron Rupar and others will post the greatest hits, you don't need to give CNN/Trump the ratings. 

Because he's going to run for President and I want to see what he has to fucking say.  Don't watch it, stay off the thread, problem solved.  Jesus.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Yeah, we should be giving Elon Musk the hits/ratings!  

Amirite @Longhorn_Fan68 and @Lurch ?

Nope. I don't post on Twitter either and if a video clicks through rather than loading on here, I almost always close it.

As long as they can make money being right-wing shitheels, they're going to keep doing it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Did you idiots not even see the title of the event?

"Republican Town Hall".

It is literally intended to get the audience to lob softballs.  That's not Kaitlan's role, it's the audience's role.  She (CNN) is trying to push back, which (ironically) has some value.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

The only way to prevent trump from doing exactly this in this setting would be to just constantly ask him why he’s so fucking weird. Like to this:

You could respond “why do you talk like this? Nobody on earth talks like this, it’s like your brain is trying to add two plus two but keeps getting ‘jello’ as the answer.” And then watch him stammer for a minute, then point out how insanely weird whatever he said while stammering is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

"Republican Town Hall".

It is literally intended to get the audience to lob softballs.  That's not Kaitlan's role, it's the audience's role.  She (CNN) is trying to push back, which (ironically) has some value.

Yeah, she's doing fine.  Whether CNN should've given this lying fucking con man the forum is another question, but I think in fairness, they're getting his insane lying bullshit in front of a certain amount of independents tonight.   And if they're as apalled as they should be, this is hurting him, not helping him.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Republican Town Hall".

I'm sorry, are you implying that CNN is somehow immune from criticism here? 

Just now, Foosters said:

I'm sorry, are you implying that CNN is somehow immune from criticism here? 

I'm not saying anything of the sort.  I'm just stunned that nobody seems to know the tactic.

It's probably a flawed tactic, but it's not exactly hidden.

27 minutes ago, Pods said:

I’m actually not. Despite being in a small town with nothing to do. More likely because I forgot though. Thanks surly for the cliffs notes. 

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Y’all are blinded by the pretty.

And I should be one of her most vociferous defenders lol.

Look at the shit she “wrote” while working for Tucker and “The Daily Caller”.

f75d0803d74dca031addda19793f2b00.jpg
7fd41ec49c57a6fab0368b5d2d2dddce.jpg
99925515036b2fb9bb9eb88f672def4e.jpg

CNN is determined to make her a star and so is she.

That being said, no one has figured out how to not get run over by this fuckface yet. She’s had a pretty tremendous grasp of the facts. She just can’t get a word in edgewise, and she’s giving him courtesies to answer he has never given her in return. I feel bad for her, she’s got a lot of facts and great responses. But he never stops talking, he lies 100%, and the crowd cheers raucously. It’s a bad formula, and he’s going to get a big bump from independents from this, just watch. 

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

Alright out, I can't believe we had to live with this for 4 years. Every person who votes for this cretin is an idiot with a broken moral compass.

4 more incoming dude. Too many people don’t understand what running a country looks like and needs, and if they can’t watch this and realize this guy is a liar, and a bad person, then they are incapable of seeing reason. 

This went as expected, which has minor utility.  There is not one single Trump supporter who could be swayed away from him, regardless of what he does.  There is a tiny chance that a reminder of his utterly crass and untruthful self might sway a few idiots who have been living under rocks.  He certainly wasn't going to win over anyone who had voted for Clinton or Biden.

So, it was mostly a giant waste of time, as expected.  Theater.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

This went as expected, which has some utility.  There is not one single Trump supporter who could be swayed away from him, regardless of what he does.  There is a tiny chance that a reminder of his utterly crass and untruthful self might sway a few idiots who have been living under rocks.  He certainly wasn't going to win over anyone who had voted for Clinton or Biden.

So, it was mostly a giant waste of time, as expected.  Theater.

Don’t underestimate a bunch of actual independents hearing that bullshit, and then hearing screaming and applause don’t get caught up and think it is ok to vote for that psychopath. 

Best case from that shitshow is a ton of young people we’re watching. 

That being said, no one has figured out how to not get run over by this fuckface yet. She’s had a pretty tremendous grasp of the facts. She just can’t get a word in edgewise, and she’s giving him courtesies to answer he has never given her in return. I feel bad for her, she’s got a lot of facts and great responses. But he never stops talking, he lies 100%, and the crowd cheers raucously. It’s a bad formula, and he’s going to get a big bump from independents from this, just watch. 
How the fuck do independents support this piece of shit? Are these independent voters just complete morons?
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Don’t underestimate a bunch of actual independents hearing that bullshit, and then hearing screaming and applause don’t get caught up and think it is ok to vote for that psychopath. 

Best case from that shitshow is a ton of young people we’re watching. 

it wasn't on tiktok

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, I doubt that happened.

Young people watching CNN would be akin to me watching talkies in my youth, and I am in my 40s.  

2nd on Erin Burnett by the way.  Collins is a garbage dumpster.