Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

huh?  that is a hitters pitch count and he's looking FB.

In a tie game in the 9th inning? You’d have to pry the bat off my shoulder. 

Aren’t you the guy that asked why they didn’t bunt the guy over from second to third with one out? I don’t think you understand baseball very well.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He’s not the recruiter Sean Allen was, but I think Pierce has almost fully vindicated himself for choosing to move on and getting Woody Williams in here. He has done wonders with the guys on this staff. And that’s without Shaw and Tole for the last 3 weeks.

I loved the hire when it was hinted as an option and I love it even more now. We needed a real pitching coach and Allen was never that. I didn’t think there was much doubt a guy with Woody’s resume would know a thing or two.

• Hook 'Em 1

Zane in the postseason so far

5.2 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 1 ER, and… 12 Ks

Sometimes a player just digs deep and finds a way to start performing better, was never the stuff because it’s electric when it’s on.

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

that was total belief in a coach and a system to fucking gut out those 3 walks without a damn swing that broke their bullpen and their will

It seriously looked like Kennedy was taking all the way on his 3-2 pitch to lead off.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Anyone else catch the Stanford fan throwing double birds to the Horns dugout and fans after their home run to go up 5-2?

Have a nice night buddy.

Throwing the double-birds on camera doesn’t end well around these parts.  TH could’ve told them that.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

One of the take-home messages from this game was how critical EK's offense is. He's been in a serious funk, but today the guy was straight money. When he gives us that kind of production, we're pretty tough to beat. May it continue...and become contagious. 

• Hook 'Em 8

45 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He doesn’t get an rbi because the run scores as the result of an error. Unless the ncaa uses different rules than high school or mlb.

This is incorrect.  He'd get the RBI in MLB because, absent the error, it would have been a SF.

• Hook 'Em 5

It's a dumb rule.   
The whole concept of errors is stupid, but that's a whole 'nother thread.

I’m curious what you mean by this.

But on scoring, there are some oddities. A sac fly doesn’t negatively impact your batting average but a groundout does. RBI for both.

Are you saying there should be no errors?

43 minutes ago, Helobious said:

In a tie game in the 9th inning? You’d have to pry the bat off my shoulder. 

Aren’t you the guy that asked why they didn’t bunt the guy over from second to third with one out? I don’t think you understand baseball very well.

In a tie game that is exactly why you get ready to rip a FB that you know is coming on a 3-1 count.

I already said I thought there were no outs and everyone on this board knows you know shit about baseball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, WBT said:

image.thumb.png.c9d95052d19bcc89c0e97588c70b24eb.png

That's the good stuff

Good lord.  We beat the team that just beat them twice, and of course they would've rolled right through us if they'd gotten the chance.  

Go make yourselves a Hypothetical College World Series Participants t-shirt, ya bumbling fucks.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Good lord.  We beat the team that just beat them twice, and of course they would've rolled right through us if they'd gotten the chance.  

Go make yourselves a Hypothetical College World Series Participants t-shirt, ya bumbling fucks.

his username checks out.  but to be clear, don't give them any ideas or it will be on Blue Bell Park outfield wall.

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Hypothetical games are their favorite*

*fucking losers in real life

• Hook 'Em 1

Stolen from another thread, and paraphrased:

They’ve won more games against opponents they didn’t play and conference championships in conferences they aren’t a member than any school in history
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, troph said:

Match up with wake though round one. Draw was not kind later in the tournament to Texas. 

Well shit I wish I knew now I have to root for us not to make it to the CWS due to an unfortunate draw.

Actually after a bit more thought will everyone talking about the draw shut the fuck up and let the rest of us enjoy an awesome comeback and this super regional.

4 minutes ago, petscii said:

It seemed pretty even from my seat.  He was not calling strikes for both sides.  Everyone was getting pissed.

Early Texas was definitely getting the shaft, had a real small strike zone. As the game went on seemed it was more of an issue with lefties specifically left on left. If you were a left handed pitcher against a left handed batter, you were not getting the call on that outside fastball.

23 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

You forgot the "Tales From Topographic Oceans", "Tormato", and "Relayer" albums.

Saw Yes in concert in the Houston area twice, in The Summit for the "Big Generator" tour and at Woods Pavilion for the incredible "Union" album tour.

I also saw them a couple times in Houston in late 70s , fantastic shows. Like all their stuff with the original band, drummers excluded as there were many.

• Hook 'Em 1