Tourist Trip to Titanic Terribly Turns Tragic

MrBig

Pretty solid overview video from a 20yr USN nuclear sub sonar operator

Not many lulz, but super informative for the ins and outs and whathaveyous for design, construction, and safety of this boondoggle. 

Sidenote, this has gotta be a point for the "we're in a simulation" crowd right? The fucking company is named "OceanGate" like some goddamn easy bake news headline

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Not many lulz, but super informative for the ins and outs and whathaveyous for design, construction, and safety of this boondoggle. 

Sidenote, this has gotta be a point for the "we're in a simulation" crowd right? The fucking company is named "OceanGate" like some goddamn easy bake news headline

I haven't watched the video yet, but if that's him in the bottom left corner, then he looks exactly how I imagine a 20yr USN nuclear sub sonar operator would look. 

• Haha 6

46 minutes ago, Captainant said:

He looks like the type that can go 6 months without getting horny, so he’s made for a US Navy sub.  Good video though, Ocean Gate should have hired him.

Are they confirmed dead yet? That’s really all anyone gives a shit about. 

I mean if not found by tomorrow morning then yea…I think they’ve been dead since Sunday.

This whole search and rescue might be the biggest waste of resources in history. I guess it’s a good way to see how well the equipment works. And get some training in for future events

But even if there a beyond miracle chance they even find the thing in the pitch black depths of the atlantic…they still need a plan to get it to surface and unbolted as fast as possible. Assuming they’re still alive

So his highness or majesty or whatever he is Charles has demanded to be kept up to speed.  What the fuck is he going to do about it?

The King is volunteering Harry and Meghan to head down in a twin submersible. Of course they’ll do it as a project for their media deal.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I agree. Men need to quit spending money on fleeting things such as recreational sports and deep sea expeditions and instead devote their time and money to overpriced whores.

Mr. Dimon,

I'll remind you that we are in session and that you are under oath.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe this is actually an elaborate kidnapping attempt by the people running OceanGate. Get a couple of billionaires to voluntarily get locked into a small container under the guise of having exclusive access to see the Titanic, tell the public the submarine is missing, transport the sub to an undisclosed location, then hold the billionaires hostage and demand a large ransom from their families.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I'll just leave this here, and no CR, but a whole boatload of folks went down in the Mediterranean, and I didn't notice a 10-page thread on that incident.  Just a comment on what we as a people want to focus on.

For fuks sake...

12 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I'll just leave this here, and no CR, but a whole boatload of folks went down in the Mediterranean, and I didn't notice a 10-page thread on that incident.  Just a comment on what we as a people want to focus on.

Most of these 10 pages are making jokes and commenting on how stupid those rich fucks are, rather than mourning their plight and ultimate demise.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Most of these 10 pages are making jokes and commenting on how stupid those rich fucks are, rather than mourning their plight and ultimate demise.

The entire mission is basically suicide. And there’s absolutely no point of it since you can barely see anything outside of the sub with its 1 tiny window

I’m with the person above who said it’d be way more captivating having an underwater drone explore the titanic while you watch on a high def tv drinking beers. That way you’d probably get your own PlayStation controller to play with and your life/wealth wouldn’t be wasted.

17 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

The King is volunteering Harry and Meghan to head down in a twin submersible. Of course they’ll do it as a project for their media deal.

The sub's design was inspired by King Charles' fingers. 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It’s like people have never been to Surly in the off-season.  Daniel Figurelli is just happy we have a distraction right now.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’m with the person above who said it’d be way more captivating having an underwater drone explore the titanic while you watch on a high def tv drinking beers. That way you’d probably get your own PlayStation controller to play with and your life/wealth wouldn’t be wasted.

Get tanked and control your own underwater submersible through the titanic, Bob Huggins style. I'd pay $2.50 tree-fiddy for that. Mix in some bong rips and possibly shit in a bucket in the middle of your living room...that's a pretty solid Monday, right there. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Get tanked and control your own underwater submersible through the titanic, Bob Huggins style. I'd pay $2.50 tree-fiddy for that. Mix in some bong rips and possibly shit in a bucket in the middle of your living room...that's a pretty solid Monday, right there. 

Bring in a shaman and baby you got an ayahuasca trip. 

45 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

This is a much more interesting story. 

50 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Were they running the whole boat on a Logitech controller? If so I'll start that thread right now...

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Yeah, but one of the things driving this thread is people making pretty crude jokes about rich people dying.  

59 minutes ago, 'stache said:

That’s my nightmare in all of this. Surely some have had to shit by now in that tiny room.

Dude if you surfaced in that sub and no one found you and you bobbed around in puddle of vomit, piss, and shit for 48hrs you'd be counting down the seconds till the oxygen ran out.

• Hook 'Em 1