When is the last time you wore a watch?  

221 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you wear a watch?

• almost daily usage
    • Once or twice a week
    • Only for dressier occasions/ nice dinners/ events
    • More than 10 years ago
    • Muledick

I find it interesting that roughly 2/3 of responses are daily and almost 1/3 are not 8n the last 10 years.

That was part of the point of my curiosity- it seems to be virtually all or nothing, at a 2:1 clip.

3 hours ago, F250 said:

I ventured in there years ago and got flamed for discussing my Seamaster.

Tha fuck?  Really?  Classic time piece if there ever was one.  I'd take one over most of the oversized, Flavor-Flav-looking nonsense on the market nowadays.

Edited by dcbc

11 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

I wear my father's 1965 Rolex when I am going to big meetings or traveling.

Nice when someone sees it, asks to check it out and then they see the inscription on the inside. Cannot remember when I wore any of my other ones. 

Pics of 1965 Rolex.  Which model?

44 minutes ago, slorch said:

I find it interesting that roughly 2/3 of responses are daily and almost 1/3 are not 8n the last 10 years.

That was part of the point of my curiosity- it seems to be virtually all or nothing, at a 2:1 clip.

People who wear watches are more likely to click the thread, and who wears a watch only some of the time? I don’t really observe watch/no-watch out in the wild but it’s certainly more common to not wear a watch. Higher than average watch wearing in Surly demo but still fewer watch wearers than not watch wearers. Interesting would be if there are more Apple Watch wearers than traditional watch wearers.

Edited by Celery Man

My watch comes off when I shower and when I sleep.  Only comes off in the shower right now because I have a new leather band.  Once the band gets a bit of age on it, I won't even bother with it then.

Checking a phone for time during a meeting or even some social occasions can be distracting.

23 hours ago, troph said:

reached a milestone and bought myself a nice one. Been wearing it everyday since. I want more. 

I currently reached a similar milestone, where I had told myself I’d ignore the (rather absurd) finances of it and get the watch I’ve always wanted.  My biggest problem is my boss is a very cheap man, and that shit would stick out like dogs balls. Once I figure out how to navigate that, it’s happening. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I currently reached a similar milestone, where I had told myself I’d ignore the (rather absurd) finances of it and get the watch I’ve always wanted.  My biggest problem is my boss is a very cheap man, and that shit would stick out like dogs balls. Once I figure out how to navigate that, it’s happening. 

Same trick you do with the wife: buy your boss a watch too

Prolly not since  1994 or 1995.  Remember getting a watch for college graduation but rarely wearing it.  Once in the workforce it was pretty useless.  Before cell phones you had an alarm clock bedside, clock in the car staring you in the face on the drive to work, computer clock staring you in the face all day at work, multiple house clocks when you were back at home.  Its like you couldn’t get away from the time if you tried.  And now with cellphones why bother.  

I get it as an accessory but I was never really into that. 

A watch is literally the only jewelry I wear, and I wear it whenever I leave the house.  I rolled a Hamilton Khaki on a Nato for close to 15 years, which I only took off at bedtime.  I now have a Sinn 856 UTC, which I wear whenever I go out, but it's kinda heavy on my tiny, child like wrists, so I take it off when just sitting around the house.  I'll wear a mechanical watch until they put me in the ground. 

I'm strongly considering a Tudor Pelagos 39 as an everyday watch now that I've have some disposable change.  I digg the Sinn, but as I mentioned, it's kinda heavy and uncomfortable for me. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Quit wearing a watch and ring back in the early 2000’s when I started traveling overseas doing a lot more oil and gas field work. Got a Citizen diver and an Seiko automatic dress watch a few years back, then got a Garmin Instinct Solar gps watch. It will run for 3 weeks + between charges so I wear it pretty much all the time now. I like the text and phone call alerts, HR and health functions, gps tracking to the Garmin app and that I can drop a MOB pin on the watch and chart plotter with a button press. Can also use the watch to trigger an InReach satellite message when out of cell service.

Dammit, now I want a new watch! 

I wore others than the Rolex. Was usually a cheap Timex or something in that area. Son has a Citizen we got him for graduation. Now I am hunting for something for everyday wear. Say in the 250 range. Thoughts from the group. 

And @davidg yep, when traveling I stopped wearing my ring as well. Put it on some 550 cord and wore it around my neck instead. A big ass watch would look stupid like that I think. 

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Dammit, now I want a new watch! 

I wore others than the Rolex. Was usually a cheap Timex or something in that area. Son has a Citizen we got him for graduation. Now I am hunting for something for everyday wear. Say in the 250 range. Thoughts from the group. 

And @davidg yep, when traveling I stopped wearing my ring as well. Put it on some 550 cord and wore it around my neck instead. A big ass watch would look stupid like that I think. 

This guy says fuck off with that shit. 

flavor-flav-grammys-2020-billboard-1548-

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Walk right up and show him..."Can you believe I got this fake for $50 at the flea market?  Looks pretty nice, right?"

End of conversation.

• Hook 'Em 3

Daily. I truly appreciate the mechanical craftsmanship and design of mechanical watches. As a result I don't have many mass-produced watches and focus on independents. I also appreciate that I can actually talk with the watchmakers themselves and understand their vision and inspiration and develop a long term relationship. Means more to me than watches that roll off an assembly line.

Hand craftsmanship is a dying art.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Crypto bros using their fake money to buy up hard assets was a big part of it, too. 

Respect to people who traded in jpegs of cartoon monkeys for patek philippes. Finesse masters.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Respect to people who traded in jpegs of cartoon monkeys for patek philippes. Finesse masters.  

lulz, that's kinda how came into mine (JLC not a patek).  wore a GShock before that i still wear when doing stuff outside.  love that it gets the ULF signal from the atomic clock in NORAD (i think?) every day to keep exact time.

20 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

How’s the job search going?

Everyday.

I feel naked without one. Sometimes I leave the house without a watch, and will go back to get one.

5 mechanical watches that I have to wind up / restart. Because of that, they're not as accurate as my iphone. But good enough to know I'm late for work, and when it's time to leave the bar.

My next watch will be a cheap Casio digital watch because nostalgia.

Casio F91W-1 Wrist Watch for Men for sale online | eBay

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Everyday.

I feel naked without one. Sometimes I leave the house without a watch, and will go back to get one.

5 mechanical watches that I have to wind up / restart. Because of that, they're not as accurate as my iphone. But good enough to know I'm late for work, and when it's time to leave the bar.

My next watch will be a cheap Casio digital watch because nostalgia.

Casio F91W-1 Wrist Watch for Men for sale online | eBay

Doomlet isn't much of a watch guy yet, but he occasionally wears one of these.