The Sound of Freedom

Celery Man

I check out Facebook maybe every few weeks.  Most of my (41) classmates from high school are on there, and their parents/siblings/whatnot.  You know, keep up with small town stuff from afar.

Signed in a bit ago, and one of my closest friends and his wife checked in from seeing the movie this past weekend.  There were close to 100 comments from people I've known for decades about how the media and government is ignoring this completely, and how this movie is helping to illuminate the problem. Of course, the comments steered off into (paraphrasing) "Biden allows it!" or "Trump will stop this!" or so forth.

I signed out of Facebook.  I guess I'd rather have seen criticism of the Barbie movie from the same people.  I'm sure they have done that (or will soon enough) as well, but I didn't go searching.

I mean, for real, if there's some kind of child trafficking investigative office or a kiddie pron investigative office, it should be the easiest job ever.  These dumbasses are a map straight to them.  Just watch social media and investigate any of these magats and grifters that screech about it.

EVERY.  ACCUSATION.  IS.  A.  CONFESSION.

That is the one immutable truth about these ghouls.

• Like 1

jesus christ
I'm starting to wonder if Republicans are behind brining Fentanyl and Immigrants into the United States. 

I mean, indirectly, they are.

Republicans loved that sweet sweet Purdue/OxyContin cash, Republicans fight against treatment over imprisonment for drug addicts, Red States have the highest rates of opioid abuse etc. All leading to the escalation of the opioid crisis which is why fentanyl even became a thing.

Republicans could curtail a huge number of illegal crossings if they would punish businesses who exploit immigrant labor but they refuse to do it because, again, sweet sweet cash.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

ok, so I'm also laughing, but I think that.... this movie may have been crowdfunded and "...who funded the movie..." might be stretching a kickstarter type donation into more than it is?

i was googling around to figure out who this is, no idea who the twitter handle here is but the screenshots contained are these - 

F0tfKc3aIAA3EoB?format=jpg&name=large

F0tfKc7aYAEcB24?format=jpg&name=large

which looks to me like just your average DT poster 

i have to run but I'm curious if this guy was an actual investor or if he kicked in $30 or whatever

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

I actually went to see Mission Impossible this past Tuesday at 11:40am, and decided to pop into the nearly sold out Sound of Freedom showing that started 10 minutes earlier. The seats were mostly filled, and it was full of almost exclusively with old white people, the kind you just assume mainline Fox News every night from 6-9pm. Sorry to report that people are still watching this movie and giving money to the grifters.  

Edited by Dutchrudder

I got tricked into going to see it by my wife and MIL - not because they are nutters but because my wife works for the state and unfortunately does have to remove kids from households where children are sexually assaulted. Mom’s boyfriend needs drug money and becomes a pimp, teenager meets older dude online and runs away (Remember the adventures of Jade, the teen shagster related to Big Tony who was “discovered” by a talent scout?).

So while sexual crimes against children are a very real thing, I had no idea about the movie’s production and only a vague recollection about Cavaziel’s history. And I had just had eye surgery and it was 105 outside so I was just happy to be in a theatre.

The theatre was full of old white people. Some clapped at the end. I simply walked out of the theatre thinking what the actual fuck, in what world does any of this make sense.

Then I discovered this thread and it all clicked.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I actually went to see Mission Impossible this past Tuesday at 11:40am, and decided to pop into the nearly sold out Sound of Freedom showing that started 10 minutes earlier. The seats were mostly filled, and it was full of almost exclusively with old white people, the kind you just assume mainline Fox News every night from 6-9pm. Sorry to report that people are still watching this movie and giving money to the grifters.  

Where?

33 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I got tricked into going to see it by my wife and MIL - not because they are nutters but because my wife works for the state and unfortunately does have to remove kids from households where children are sexually assaulted. Mom’s boyfriend needs drug money and becomes a pimp, teenager meets older dude online and runs away (Remember the adventures of Jade, the teen shagster related to Big Tony who was “discovered” by a talent scout?).

So while sexual crimes against children are a very real thing, I had no idea about the movie’s production and only a vague recollection about Cavaziel’s history. And I had just had eye surgery and it was 105 outside so I was just happy to be in a theatre.

The theatre was full of old white people. Some clapped at the end. I simply walked out of the theatre thinking what the actual fuck, in what world does any of this make sense.

Then I discovered this thread and it all clicked.

And where?

I'm in Cypress, suburb of Houston. It's definitely the perfect place for this movie to make money, but it's been out for at least 4 weeks now, and I thought it would have died off, especially a Tuesday matinee showing. That theater had more people in it than Mission Impossible did. 

2 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Beaumont

That makes sense

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

I'm in Cypress, suburb of Houston. It's definitely the perfect place for this movie to make money, but it's been out for at least 4 weeks now, and I thought it would have died off, especially a Tuesday matinee showing. That theater had more people in it than Mission Impossible did. 

This is more disturbing