2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

42 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Anyone revising their W/L prediction based off game 1 of a 12 game season is moronic unless we go out and look like literal crap and play at a level that is so bad we almost lose or do lose. A 38-7 type win where we are vanilla and pack it in during the second half to look ahead to Bama isn't going to surprise me just like a 63-10 smacking wouldn't surprise me. Neither impacts my long term outlook of the season, especially when considering that teams can get better or worse as a season progresses.

Lying Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

If this team struggles for 3 quarters and pulls away late for a 31 - 23 win this entire place is going to be nothing but "this team sucks" and "fire 7 win Steve"

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Here is a pretty good idea of what we will be walking into in Tuscaloosa. Saban wants to get back to bully ball. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38246695/how-nick-saban-alabama-retake-sec-georgia-college-football-2023

Let's hope it's as ill-fated of a switch as when Butter Teeth made a similar decision the night of June 7, 2010.

• Hook 'Em 6

22 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Here is a pretty good idea of what we will be walking into in Tuscaloosa. Saban wants to get back to bully ball. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38246695/how-nick-saban-alabama-retake-sec-georgia-college-football-2023

When you don’t have a qb those thoughts will enter your mind.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Lying Season 4 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

If this team struggles for 3 quarters and pulls away late for a 31 - 23 win this entire place is going to be nothing but "this team sucks" and "fire 7 win Steve"

The post you responded to:

Anyone revising their W/L prediction based off game 1 of a 12 game season is moronic unless we go out and look like literal crap and play at a level that is so bad we almost lose or do lose.

Did you wake up today and decide to play internet troll for the day, or did you suffer a TBI over the weekend?

4 minutes ago, Foosters said:

The post you responded to:

Did you wake up today and decide to play internet troll for the day, or did you suffer a TBI over the weekend?

Just seeing what the response is now when it's all roses and Kool aid. I don't think that's going to happen but if so will be fun to come back to this. 

Pulling away in the 4th and winning by 2 scores isn't almost losing. 

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

So Saban wants to go back in time to 2008-2012 SEC style? Bold strategy

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

That Tennessee loss really fucked him up didn’t it?

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Article tells me Saban wants to play ball control this year because of their QB situation. You stop Alabama’s run game they’re done 

• Hook 'Em 5

15 hours ago, Vertigo said:

This story sounds very familiar .

I can't quite put my Mack on it 

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He's always been on the cutting edge, now he wants everything to be like it used to be.  Saban done went and got old.

Not sure if it's what he wants. He/they went after at least a half dozen QBs who they'd love to sling the ball around with, but they whiffed, for whatever reason

It's not just that though.  He spends a lot of time whining about NLI.  He used to find talented, but flawed coaches to rehabilitate also.  Now he just gets flawed ones.  Their issues are starting to stack up.

Edited by kevwun

I've been saying this for a few months, I think we beat Bama by at least 13. Not sure why. I know their defense is going to be good again, but I also think we will be fine. I think the Bama players who played us last year would say we were their toughest game. It'll be the same this year. 

FIVE MORE DAYSSSSSSSSS

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It's not just that though.  He spends a lot of time whining about losing his advantage in the bag game to NLI  He used to find talented, but flawed coaches to rehabilitate also.  Now he just gets flawed ones.  Their issues are starting to stack up.

had to fix that 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

They will target Collins, Burke and Sorrell in the run game and make us prove we can stop them

I am going to guess that Burke will not be on the field a ton vs Bama. Likely see a starting line up of Collins, Sweat, Murphy, and Sorrell across the LOS. Bama will definitely go after Burke, when they see him out there

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

They will target Collins, Burke and Sorrell in the run game and make us prove we can stop them

Yeah "bama bully ball" will be the gameplan against Texas.  Saban has been kickin' his teams asses this offseason -- bama will be more physical running the ball this year.  Ball control offense tryin' to break the will of their opponents.

Saban is pissed about jawja folks mocking bama and he loves whippin' his opponent's asses...

"The worm is turning because everybody's gotten so spread-oriented ... that people who now are running the ball are having more success because the defense is more geared to stopping all that stuff than it is to stopping just the straight, old-fashioned running game," Saban said this summer. "And I think that's one thing that Georgia has done really, really well."

----------------------------------------------

IT WAS 2008 when Saban delivered his most notable pregame speech. Undefeated and back at LSU for the first time since he left as the Tigers' coach for the NFL, he told players what to think.

"How much does this game mean to you?" Saban said. "Because if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast. You play strong. You go out there and dominate the guy you're playing against and make his ass quit. That's our trademark. That's our M.O. as a team, alright? That's what people know us as."

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I understand the concept in both Saban's mind, and in the minds of those who cover Bama, that he can just will something into existence because he's the GOAT. Problem is, that's not how the universe actually works. 

Bama has an okay stable of backs, fine. They don't have 5 high draft picks on the OL right now. They have Latham, who is highly regarded. They have Proctor, who will be in his second game, starting at LT. Is he the next Kelvin Banks? Maybe, however the odds don't favor that. The interior OL isn't loaded. The TE from Maryland is a jag. The QBs are a flat out concern. They have no one at WR that will keep defenses honest. 

All of that adds up to a plodding offense that is going to rely simply on the idea of out-talenting the opponent and being tougher than the opponent. They don't have the horses to out-talent multiple defenses on their schedule, Texas included. The notion that they're just going to be tougher to a discernible extent is laughable silliness. Texas played them tough last year. Other teams did as well. They didn't physically whip a bunch of teams' asses until they played KSU, frankly.

Nick Saban looked at what he had coming into this season at QB and said "I need a QB" and went and tried to buy one. That failed. He subsequently reviewed everything else and said "I don't have the difference makers at WR, TB, QB, or TE to keep up with Tennessee or Georgia. I need to try to shorten these ball games and just physically whip everyone. "

Everyone else looked at Bama and blindly bleated "well, it's Bama, they should be a CFP team even though they're going to post an offense from 15 years ago while replacing both coordinators and 16 starters, one being Bryce Young, another being Will Anderson. " Okay then. 

Took the words right out of my mouth. Literally spot on for reading between the lines of what Saban is implying about his 2023 team. Once teams stop Alabama’s run game they’re shit out of luck 

4 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Wouldn’t shock me if Milroe ends up being the leading rusher in our game. Scrambling QBs who can’t pass very well have always been our kryptonite. 

Milroe ending up as Bama leading rusher actually probably increases our chances. Especially if that means the bama RB's and O-line are unsuccessful in playing the way the media keeps droning on about. 

43 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Bryce Young was holding that offense back, what with his Heisman and ability to complete forward passes...

As JAG as Ovie Ogufo was at rushing the passer, he at least had serviceable lateral quickness and run defense. 

Collins has to proves he is quick enough to set the edge vs a QB that is a real running threat.

As great as Bryce Young was, he posed zero threat to run which placed very little stress on our edges. 

12 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

As JAG as Ovie Ogufo was at rushing the passer, he at least had serviceable lateral quickness and run defense. 

Collins has to proves he is quick enough to set the edge vs a QB that is a real running threat.

As great as Bryce Young was, he posed zero threat to run which placed very little stress on our edges. 

And Milroe poses such a serious aerial threat that we'd better be careful of guarding against his running?  Who knew that Young to Milroe was simply a passing of the Heisman torch?

Edited by cafe society