2023 Fuck Fantasy Football

closetohumping

Not playing for the first time in 30 years, besides Covid season. Yes you read it right, back when we got the USA Today on Mondays and Tuesdays and hand scored every player. Has been a lot of fun.  Just not feeling it this year.

In a keeper league, we have Breece Hall as a 5th rounder.  The Jets signing Dalvin really makes me wonder if we should look elsewhere.  .5 PPR. Kelce as a 2nd rounder or Akers as a 7th rounder may be better options.  If we keep a player for more than one time, the round is divided by 2.  So if we keep Breece, next year, we could keep him as our 2nd or 3rd rounder.  Thoughts?  Also have Adams as 1st, Mahomes as 6th.

On 8/16/2023 at 9:20 AM, ocugolf said:

In a keeper league, we have Breece Hall as a 5th rounder.  The Jets signing Dalvin really makes me wonder if we should look elsewhere.  .5 PPR. Kelce as a 2nd rounder or Akers as a 7th rounder may be better options.  If we keep a player for more than one time, the round is divided by 2.  So if we keep Breece, next year, we could keep him as our 2nd or 3rd rounder.  Thoughts?  Also have Adams as 1st, Mahomes as 6th.

I'd look elsewhere. Hall is legit, but he's coming off an ACL and Dalvin isn't going to play second fiddle. 

On 8/19/2023 at 6:01 AM, HornPhD said:

I have the number one pick in a superflex league. Mahomes, Allen, or Hurts? Rushing TDs are worth 8 points. 

Mahomes or Hurts, but how can you pass on Mahomy? I've never played a superflex league, is it just nonstop QBs in round one? Mahomes and Lawrence/Watson at the end of the second would be studly 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 8:52 AM, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I'd look elsewhere. Hall is legit, but he's coming off an ACL and Dalvin isn't going to play second fiddle. 

Mahomes or Hurts, but how can you pass on Mahomy? I've never played a superflex league, is it just nonstop QBs in round one? Mahomes and Lawrence/Watson at the end of the second would be studly 

So my main league switched to super flex 5 years ago. At first I hated it because I didn’t know how to draft and got stuck with one QB many weeks.  

But now I love it.  It makes the draft a lot more interesting because you either get QBs early or you steal a ton of value as guys that would be 1st round in a 1QB league fall.  

But man, drafting 11th if I need a QB, sweating out 20 picks and crossing fingers there isn’t a run can be excruciating.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

So my main league switched to super flex 5 years ago. At first I hated it because I didn’t know how to draft and got stuck with one QB many weeks.  

But now I love it.  It makes the draft a lot more interesting because you either get QBs early or you steal a ton of value as guys that would be 1st round in a 1QB league fall.  

But man, drafting 11th if I need a QB, sweating out 20 picks and crossing fingers there isn’t a run can be excruciating.  

Superflex league and 8 QBs taken in Round 2 befire I picked at 11.  Ended up with McCaffrey and Bijan.  Then Tua fell to me at end of round 3 which never happened in the mocks.  My other two QBs probably suck, and I don't really have a running qb, so  I can't have Tua getting hurt, but I am liking my draft for once.  Will be streaming TEs this year, I guess.....

(12 Team, Superflex, 0.5PPR, 4 pt TD passes)

Team.jpg

Bench.png

Edited by A-Tex Devil

15 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Hoe much do you believe in the Green Bay offense?

Not a whole lot, but I'm starting to buy into the Doubs looking like Love's favorite target hype. I have... 

WR - Ridley, Higgins, Hopkins and Evans 

RB - Mattinson, Javonte Williams, Kamara, Perine, Gibson and Dillon 

TE - Okonkwo

Kinda want to dump Gibson or Dillon for either Doubs or LaPorta. Take a chance on a high upside, rather than carry two retreads 

I did my first auction last night.  Half PPR, 4 pt passing TDs:

QB: Richardson

RB: Saquon, Dobbins, Ken Walker, Khalil Herbert, Jaylen Warren, Roschon

WR: Waddle, Amari Cooper, Kirk, DJ Moore, Doubs

TE: Goeddert

DST: Pittsburgh

I really like my team except for the big question mark at QB. I was the last person to take a QB. Really wanted Tua for a buck but I got outbid and didn't have enough to bid $3.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Hook 'Em 1

Man, what happened to Rotoworld aka "NBC Sports Edge?" What used to be a sleek and aesthically pleasing layout to look at for fantasy news now looks like shit. Like some fake wanna-be Athletic thrown together on Godaddy.com.

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football

Edited by CurlyDumps

What are y'all plotting for Jonathan Taylor now that he's got to sit four weeks minimum? I think this happened with Leveon back in the day?

Seems like Taylor's value is tied to some team having an RB1 injury, which could certainly happen. But then they need to have the money to sign JT and be willing to risk his own injury situation, plus his bitchiness. I'm staying away for at least 5-6 rounds (someone will totally take him by then).

16 hours ago, Bartles said:

What are y'all plotting for Jonathan Taylor now that he's got to sit four weeks minimum? I think this happened with Leveon back in the day?

Seems like Taylor's value is tied to some team having an RB1 injury, which could certainly happen. But then they need to have the money to sign JT and be willing to risk his own injury situation, plus his bitchiness. I'm staying away for at least 5-6 rounds (someone will totally take him by then).

Had two drafts last night. He went second round in one of them. 8th in the other 

On 9/1/2023 at 11:42 PM, Enemy07 said:

@ztejas How were you able to draft B Rob, D Smith and N Chubb? That is 3 top 20 players. I have 10th slot in a ppc. Have not played in 10 years. I am thinking of going WR RB QB WR or WR RB WR WR.  Snake method.

Devonta shouldn't be going top 20 even in ppr leagues. I actually have him in 2 leagues - got him 31st in one and 35th in another. 

I thought Chubb fell a little too far to 18th but then again that league is full of morons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just got offered Allen/Cook/Kelce/Higgins for Dak/Andrews/AJ Brown/Bijan. Standard league.

Major upgrade at QB, Upgrade at TE, but now with minor injury concerns. Big Downgrade at RB and minor downgrade at WR. 

I tend to way overthink these, but this seems like a no brainer? Thoughts? 

14 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Just got offered Allen/Cook/Kelce/Higgins for Dak/Andrews/AJ Brown/Bijan. Standard league.

Major upgrade at QB, Upgrade at TE, but now with minor injury concerns. Big Downgrade at RB and minor downgrade at WR. 

I tend to way overthink these, but this seems like a no brainer? Thoughts? 

No fan of Dak, but I would want to be on that side of the trade (pre-week one mind you).

M Andrews, Bijan, AJ Brown >>>>>> Kelce (inj), Higgins and Cook (regardless of which one)

Seems like a basic trade for Allen and he unloads an injured Kelce for MAndrews.  If you want Allen that bad see about a trade just for him.

Edited by ChickenSandwich

On 8/27/2023 at 3:59 PM, CurlyDumps said:

I did my first auction last night.  Half PPR, 4 pt passing TDs:

QB: Richardson

RB: Saquon, Dobbins, Ken Walker, Khalil Herbert, Jaylen Warren, Roschon

WR: Waddle, Amari Cooper, Kirk, DJ Moore, Doubs

TE: Goeddert

DST: Pittsburgh

I really like my team except for the big question mark at QB. I was the last person to take a QB. Really wanted Tua for a buck but I got outbid and didn't have enough to bid $3.

Really like Jaylen Warren this year. Going to be this years Tony Pollard.