Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

Today's lunch. The local Czech ladies from Pilsen make bierrocks and kolaches to support their church. It's the home church of Father Emil Kapaun of Korean war fame. We bought several dozen to feed everyone today. The smaller one is a cheese and sausage whatever and the bigger is sausage cheese and scrambled eggs. Delicious.

IMG_0524.jpg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, huge said:

I prefer the Father Guido Sarducci.

Emil Joseph Kapaun (April 20, 1916 – May 23, 1951) was a Roman Catholic priest and United States Army captain who served as a United States Army chaplain during World War II and the Korean War. Kapaun was a chaplain in the Burma Theater of World War II, then served again as a chaplain with the U.S. Army in Korea, where he was captured. He died in a prisoner of war camp.

In 1993, Pope John Paul II declared him a Servant of God, the first stage on the path to canonization.

In 2013, Kapaun posthumously received the Medal of Honor for his actions in Korea. He is the ninth American military chaplain Medal of Honor recipient.

• Like 1

The daughter got after a chili dog tonight, and afterwards needed a kicker. Had a half hotdog bun left on the cutting board (don't get me started explaining that communist fucking situation), so we mixed a little something up together. We call it Chili on a Bun Dressed in a Crown of Fritos. 

Her primary criticism was that we fucked around with the half hotdog bun instead of the full length.

You don't have to swing at the pitch right over the plate, assholes.

F45-F54-CD-EE62-4783-BE34-BD851969-BF33.

• Hook 'Em 7

On 12/22/2022 at 3:29 PM, Anastasis said:

cold front snack.

B727-DE83-C673-47-B1-A45-F-A98-FF8396815

When I was little, the Dairy Queen in my town would put a couple pickle chips on top of their grilled cheeses. It would usually sit like right in the middle of each half, cut cross section like yours. I didn’t even really like pickles til I was in college, but I’ve always loved pickles or even just some pickle juice on a grilled cheese sandwich. Kudos to you.

• Hook 'Em 1

A little greasy spoon shack in Mexia back in the day would make me a grilled cheese but also with a slice of mater in it. That, tots, and a can of dr pibb for under $2 was a jam for a poor hs kid on lunch.

Def gonna try a pickle grilled cheese.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

My DiL introduced this to us over the weekend as a quick snack. Bowl. Flamin hot crunchy Cheetos. Cubed avocado. Lime juice. It was awesome.

I improved it with taking the avocado and making a quick guac to pour on the Cheetos.

Pics or it didn't happen. I would be OK with pictures of the dish or the stoner daughter-in-law. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Daughter brought back liver paste from Sweden for me. I decided to make a riff off my favorite smorebrod, liver paste and bacon (alas, I have no lingonberries for garnish). The boy had made a couple of entire packages of bacon (one regular, one black pepper, and a bit over cooked), because he eats 90% of a package in one sitting. But that meant that 10% was in the fridge, waiting for me to reheat it. No Danish rye bread handy, so I sliced up a bolillo and toasted it. Voila, Mexican Texan Swedish liver and bacon smorebrod for breakfast.

67ff4dcd1a74cb1e1a3420ad72512ece.jpg
ae9aa05073e11012ba99e8406a62d8da.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2