Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Zero percent chance Arch will be a dud. Peyton beat guys with his mind, Eli beat guys with his mind, Arch will likely do the same with a dose of athleticism that the other two didn't have. He already has a pro bowler's study habits, and quite frankly that puts him in the top 1% of college QBs by itself. If he implodes it won't be because he isn't seeing the game. It would likely involve a dead hooker in the trunk and a mountain of tony montana coke in the backseat during a traffic stop for running over an old woman in a wheelchair. 

327a44e5-3c8e-4d6a-92c6-eae341db7b8d_text.gif.20902a869c03e2e9e3dcf59a81a8ba01.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Brandywine said:

A lot of people on this board wanted Maalik to start whenever Quinn would have a bad game. Then Maalik had to start when Quinn was out and once they saw him they didn't like it and wanted Archie to start. Then it was if Archie doesn't play, he's leaving - that's what I saw on Facebook. Come on guys, stop it! QB's have to grow into the position. Archie's time will come. I would hate for Archie to start and his game be similar to when Quinn and  Maalik first started. Then who are we going to wish was out there?

Facebook is for complete brain dead T shirt fans and boomers. 

12 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

This is why I love Surly. Our multi-year starter, who we “have no idea” where to project in the draft (but somehow still project 1st round), will be supplanted by our 3rd string QB, who we haven’t seen play one snap at the college level.

There is zero chance Arch would beat out Quinn. Quinn is a fucking stud. He’s had some weird games here, but he’s VERY good, and will be a 1st round pick. I imagine he goes next year, but who knows with NIL deals, what he’s being advised, what’s in his head, injuries the rest of this season, etc.  

All I know for certain is, if he comes back, he’s as firm a returning starter as anyone in the country and comments otherwise make those posters look stupid. I fully expect Arch to supplant Maalik next year whether in a backup role to Quinn or more likely as the starter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't get the need to declare zero chance about any of this stuff. It's all guesses.

There's a chance Murphy is just going through normal early start growing pains. He may improve to excellence for all we know. McCoy didn't set CFB football on fire his first season starting.

There's a chance that Arch doesn't turn out to be a great CFB QB.

There's a chance Ewers doesn't become consistent game to game.

The only likelihood in those three to me is the one about Murphy's growing pains. None of it is crazy.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

This is why I love Surly. Our multi-year starter, who we “have no idea” where to project in the draft (but somehow still project 1st round), will be supplanted by our 3rd string QB, who we haven’t seen play one snap at the college level.

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

33 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Anybody have

Basically, Arch looks incredible and is very mobile and can make all the throws, etc. Not that we needed any of that recently. 

“Manning is an extremely high level passer.”

This source believes that Manning is every bit as advertised, and better because of his command of the position with more than functional athleticism.

A second source relayed that the Texas staff is very high on the future of Manning. Very high. There are zero doubts that Manning can take what has been seen on the practice field throughout the season to the field in a success manner in 2024. He’s shown feel and timing on all three phases of the passing game – short, intermediate and deep. His feet in the pocket are by far the best in the program.

• Hook 'Em 3

Read an article last night where they interviewed Archie Manning and asked him his thoughts on Arch at Texas. All good reports. Archie compared the different routes his son's took in college (Peyton starting as a Freshman and Eli redshirting then being second string then starting his junior season) and said that he believes Eli's path was and is the best route for a college QB to take.

I could be wrong but reading between the lines it sounds like Archie and Fam have a plan for Arch and his progression. Of course there's a lot of external smoke just due to the name but from everything I've seen and read the Manning family wants to take things nice and slow with Arch and let him grow into being the next Manning great. 

Edited by ElChupacabra
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

If Quinn stays another year - yes that is a fucking possibility - and if he can quit ramming his body into brick walls, he could easily finish the season uninjured. In that season he would get an additional dozen or so starts leading some of the best players in the nation to a conference title and just maybe a national championship. He'll gain weight, he'll get stronger. He'll gain invaluable experience. 12 Big Time starts, guaranteed top ten draft status, possibly #1. Arch will be a fabulous #2 man.

Or he could go pro next season and sit on the bench for the next two years somewhere - getting a few reps. I don't see him starting next year in the NFL - and when he finally does, he'll be throwing over the biggest baddest mfuckers in pro football. 

Why rush it. Stay here next year, have a blast, and win win win. I think his decision will rest on how well we do here on out.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

35 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If Quinn stays another year - yes that is a fucking possibility - and if he can quit ramming his body into brick walls, he could easily finish the season uninjured. In that season he would get an additional dozen or so starts leading some of the best players in the nation to a conference title and just maybe a national championship. He'll gain weight, he'll get stronger. He'll gain invaluable experience. 12 Big Time starts, guaranteed top ten draft status, possibly #1. Arch will be a fabulous #2 man.

Or he could go pro next season and sit on the bench for the next two years somewhere - getting a few reps. I don't see him starting next year in the NFL - and when he finally does, he'll be throwing over the biggest baddest mfuckers in pro football. 

Why rush it. Stay here next year, have a blast, and win win win. I think his decision will rest on how well we do here on out.

Wanna bet?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

There's a chance Murphy is just going through normal early start growing pains. He may improve to excellence for all we know. McCoy didn't set CFB football on fire his first season starting.

That you ostensibly watched Maalik and wrote his play off as growing pains tells me you’re not a very good evaluator and do not remember Colt’s freshman year. 

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Jewish Wang said:

That you ostensibly watched Maalik and wrote his play off as growing pains tells me you’re not a very good evaluator and do not remember Colt’s freshman year. 

39 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

I don’t exactly recall that but he was a clear stud from the get go. He had a sophomore slump. Colt and Ehlinger and Quinn were all night and day better than MM early on. 

It's silly to think/suggest that all good QBs follow a similar trajectory. 

Not saying MM is going to bloom into an All-American, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Not saying MM is going to bloom into an All-American, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

Not out of realm of possibility but suggesting it based on data we have now is definition of silly. And I know you’re not saying that. Anyway, we have QE back and let’s go kick some ass

14 minutes ago, ousux said:

WTF? It's almost as if none of the talking heads paid any attention at all to Texas football. The plan was always for Arch to shirt this year and the fact he hasn't seen a snap with the starting QB out changes nothing.

Yeah it's all nonsense just to give them something to yap about & fill time. From everything I can tell, Arch & the family are more than happy to let Arch redshirt and sit & learn before being thrown into the fire. Seems like Arch is loving it here too. I'd love to see all 3 QBs stay, but if someone's gonna leave for next year, I doubt it's Arch.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

Crazy idea on "Lunch with Coach" this week.

Coach Erwin mentioned taking advantage of Arch's athleticism by using him in red zone or short yardage situations (maybe since Quinn is so banged up??).  Not sure the Manning family wants Arch to be a battering ram.

18:10 min mark

On 11/11/2023 at 12:07 PM, TexEx15 said:

Let’s be real if we could wish the best case scenario into existence, Quinn stays one more year. Arch is the backup next year and plays plenty. Quinn leaves next year and Arch starts his RS Soph and Junior years. 

Bullseye

Very unlikely to happen, but bullseye that's the best case scenario imo

On 11/11/2023 at 6:56 PM, TrashMaster G said:

My guess is Maalik transfers and also kicks ass wherever he goes 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to not having have QBs start as FRHS or RSFR.

If we can play trained QBs more often, our chances of winning increase significantly. 

Y'all can keep wishing for the next freshman to play and then keep wondering why he sucks in college, but I won't.

If Ewers leaves for the league (as he should), I hope Murphy gets good enough to keep Manning from having to start next year. I believe in experience as a teacher. Especially at QB (I'm guessing there is data that supports my belief). 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

My guess is Maalik transfers and also kicks ass wherever he goes 

Why, where, and to what would Maalik transfer? He didn’t ask me, of course….

But what is wrought riding out 4 years under Sark, running through the rigors of QB development, seeing spot duty, and then before year 5…..stay if it feels right or go to a perfect situation.

Any team worth going to that’s looking for a transfer QB for ‘24 wants someone who’s ready to step in and be an immediate upgrade…..

My cautionary expectation is that Maalik realizes he’s got it really good here and stays next year. And maybe the next
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 11/13/2023 at 10:47 AM, Zeus said:

It's all so tiresome

GARBAGE.JPG

I get these 2-3x a day and I’m on Facebook like 10 mins max.

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

Oh that got some clicks.

They have like 800-2000 comments. Insane.

35 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 11/13/2023 at 10:47 AM, Zeus said:
It's all so tiresome
GARBAGE.JPG.49d040bb4d1911d19313fbfcbf78946e.JPG

This is spreading, and tbh making me question the validity of the latest news that Quinn is entertaining the idea of coming back.

If you read any of these they are nothing more than a description of 3-4 programs that need a QB. That’s it. Not a single quote from a single person. Not even your mom.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you read any of these they are nothing more than a description of 3-4 programs that need a QB. That’s it. Not a single quote from a single person. Not even your mom.
My mom would definitely know more than these talking heads trying to get clicks.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...