Week 1 2023 - Rice @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

• immamac changed the title to Week 1 2023 - Rice @ Texas

If our talent and depth is as great as claimed, this is a game where backups and third string should continue to score without much effort. I wouldn’t expect rice to have talent parity with our third string given the koolaid of the last month.

9 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

If our talent and depth is as great as claimed, this is a game where backups and third string should continue to score without much effort. I wouldn’t expect rice to have talent parity with our third string given the koolaid of the last month.

rick ross GIF

• Like 1

So I can invite Iron Mike?  I don't know him, but I know one of his "people."  He's looking to party before the game.  But I have no idea what that entails.  Could be have a sprite and sing the eyes of texas, or hookers 'n blow then beating us all within an inch of our lives.  

• Haha 6

On 8/27/2023 at 6:31 PM, Jiggy-Z said:

Back in 2005 MNC season, Texas beat Rice 51-10 and they probably did not cover. That was one of the worst games ever played by a Longhorn team compared to their potential and by far the slopiest and least entertaining game of the season.

Once you are a legit top 5 team, these early season tune ups are essentially meaningless.

They were a cover machine that year.  I think the only game they didn't cover was Okie St.

4 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

whole lotta wussiness going on up in here.  you guys are complaining that its going to be too hot.  you're going to be sitting down, wearing comfortable clothes, holding a cold beverage, expending zero energy.  and your whiny asses want to lodge a formal complaint.  the players will be in full pads, practically running wind sprints for 3 hours, and theyve been doing it all summer.  all you gotta do is sit there and clap (if you can see yourself to it).  do as all a favor and stay home and give your tickets to someone with a little more grit in their character.

Also have to deal with 3 year olds whining and screaming because their family is trying to toughen them up for their next vacation.

image.jpeg.708f3ffcdb15b46deccd7cae5ee8822a.jpeg

Notes on R2-D2 and C-3PO - Film Fisher

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

whole lotta wussiness going on up in here.  you guys are complaining that its going to be too hot.  you're going to be sitting down, wearing comfortable clothes, holding a cold beverage, expending zero energy.  and your whiny asses want to lodge a formal complaint.  the players will be in full pads, practically running wind sprints for 3 hours, and theyve been doing it all summer.  all you gotta do is sit there and clap (if you can see yourself to it).  do as all a favor and stay home and give your tickets to someone with a little more grit in their character.

Here... let me give you my multiple heart problems and my age and then go. I'll laugh when you get carried out on a stretcher you ignorant mother fucker.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, SurlyBDR said:

There are 3 year olds attending this game, quit being a bitch 

lol I do the same thing as wetsuit season winds down. If there’s kids playing in the water you just can’t be a bitch and wear a wetsuit. 

I got overruled bringing our 1 year and 3 year old to this game though. Just going to have to bring them to a more expensive game later in the year. 

Thread derail:
Are they still going to do that pussy ass Journey shit at the game where everyone gets their phones out and sings, “Don’t stop believing….”?

An article on SI today covered the history of Wisky’s 3rd quarter “Jump Around”, and for real, our “thing” is … (insert your own derogatory explanatory word) compared to that.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

Thread derail:
Are they still going to do that pussy ass Journey shit at the game where everyone gets their phones out and sings, “Don’t stop believing….”?

An article on SI today covered the history of Wisky’s 3rd quarter “Jump Around”, and for real, our “thing” is … (insert your own derogatory explanatory word) compared to that.

What do you expect, something by The Carpenters?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SKA the boss said:

Thread derail:

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

What do you expect, something by The Carpenters?

We need to stop being British cigarettes and adjust to our new tough 5 stars depth and sing this

On 8/27/2023 at 2:33 PM, Reese Bennett said:

RCE_3673-e1689709760389.jpg

On 8/27/2023 at 2:38 PM, SKA the boss said:

Yikes.
Dat GPA, though. Right?

I dunno, they look a lot better in this picture than in the press conference thread picture.

Two or three of them in this pic, I might even fuck sober.

7 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

It's always fun to see people that think they're making themselves look cool; when in reality they look like a moron. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

Ewers throws for 350 and 3 td's.....We're screwed, we never should have had to throw it this much.

Ewers throws for 190 and 1 td.....We're screwed, Ewers sucks and Sark has lost his touch with playcalling.

It's a paradox that will affect us going forward 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXscRUDhrN8yg88c9VrKO

The size of your enormous dong is palpable through the screen. Please teach the rest of us to be an alpha like you when we grow up.
  • Haha 2

Just now, KeysPhoneWallet said:

For real though, it is irresponsible for the game to be at 230. Who is held responsible when there are heat strokes that kill someone the media cares about? If it is in the stands it will be CDC, if it is on the field, Fox?

Too much money and logistics involved to move the game, so don't count on it. 

Austin FC moved several games back this season from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. due to the heat.  But that's easy to do because MLS TV contracts and viewership is a fraction of college football. 

And I know this summer has been well above normal.  But it's not like we've never had 100+ degree conditions at home openers before.  We're all just going to have to suck it up and hydrate with plenty of Coors Lite.

• Hook 'Em 1