Is COVID going to mess up another football season?

Zeus

Will COVID affect this upcoming football season?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Will COVID affect this upcoming football season?

• Yep we’re screwed - canceled games, no crowds, players out
    • No - this round will be generally ignored and college football will go on like normal

4 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

I'll take this seriously.

While I don't think it messes up the season in a way that is reminiscent of 2020 or even 2021, I do think it affects the season due to it still being highly contagious and have the ability to knock anybody on their ass for a couple of days. Also, it has shown the fun ability to exacerbate and thus expose congenital health issues.

So I think while it doesn't shut down a full team due to regulations around the disease, I do think there is the possibility for a team or unit to be hit hard by it due to it running through a position room because of how contagious it is. Like a stomach bug that saps strength for a week or two or beyond.

Wait aren't you supposed to say fuck you OP? 

32 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

I'll take this seriously.

While I don't think it messes up the season in a way that is reminiscent of 2020 or even 2021, I do think it affects the season due to it still being highly contagious and have the ability to knock anybody on their ass for a couple of days. Also, it has shown the fun ability to exacerbate and thus expose congenital health issues.

So I think while it doesn't shut down a full team due to regulations around the disease, I do think there is the possibility for a team or unit to be hit hard by it due to it running through a position room because of how contagious it is. Like a stomach bug that saps strength for a week or two or beyond.

Fuck OP

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Some selected quotes:

Despite the uptick in Covid, there is no talk of reinstating mask mandates this fall, the CDC told NBC News.

Overall, there were about four new hospital admissions for every 100,000 people nationwide in the week ending August 12, which is considered low, according to CDC thresholds.

We don't have any evidence that per infection it has a higher probability of death or hospitalization. But since it's evading immunity a little bit, it seems to be causing somewhat increased levels of hospitalization and death.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, JGHorn said:

The person that started this topic is probably one of the same ones bitching about "Embrace the Hate"

Actually it's the opposite, on both fronts. I think the Longhorn twitter are a bunch of pussies for taking down the ad for the shirt. I obviously don't want the covid crap to fuck up college football. I was just seeing how many shaggybevos agree or disagree. Looks like the consensus is we laugh at these dumb fucks now and carry on our lives.

A few years ago I was killing grandma. I couldn't take my 1 year old son to get a haircut because he was supposed to wear a mask at the barber, I had to secretly meet up with my barber and get his hair cut on the porch.

Director Adam McKay and cinematographer Linus Sandgren

https://nypost.com/2023/08/22/hollywood-movie-studio-brings-back-covid-19-mask-mandate/

• Hook 'Em 3

Looks like there's tons of fear-mongering in the alt-right media landscape with a lot of the more recognizable grifters telling their followers that an "insider" has told them that the Fed Gov will be reinstituting mask mandates and shutting down public spaces this fall.

My guess is that OP fell for that. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

This. Of course Covid is not going to shut down the season. But if it makes it's way through a team's QB room, I could see a game or two getting cancelled. 

Single Wing, bitches.

Joe Bob Tyler forever!

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

We're gonna have some serious health issues for fans the first month of the season.  But it won't be because of Covid-19, it'll be like "The Leftovers" in that people next to you will just suddenly depart (as they burst into flames).  Get your booster, don't get your booster, I don't give a shit anymore.  But holy cow-110 degree heat index at kickoff on Saturday.  Probably 100 for Wyoming.  Maybe the same for Kansas.  Never mind Alabama.  I swear I read somewhere football was a "Fall" sport?  

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

This thread reminds me of the other day when I was walking into Central Market and there was a guy on his way out with a mask on, yelling at everyone who wasn't wearing one, saying "Don't y'all know there's a dealy virus", yada yada. His buddy/family/whatever was trying to quietly usher him out, followed by someone from the store staff. This was not 2020 or 2021. It was like last Thursday. Sucky thread sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

What does "encouraging" mean to you? Do you think that means mandatory? It's like the flu now. Get your booster every year. Or don't and possibly get sick. Or get it and still get sick. But stop worrying about if it's going to mess with the season because it won't. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Pasken said:

You know that guy is a scammer, right? Not that there is anything wrong with this tweet but it's funny seeing a fake reporter for a fake newspaper embedded here.

It’s just a recording of the press secretary.  

On 8/29/2023 at 12:27 AM, Honeysucklerose said:

This may be the dumbest thread in the history of this site. And my God, that’s saying something

The cherry on top might be what I’m about to type: I know someone who never got vaxxed and hasn’t had Covid and is trying to figure out much his pure-breed unvaxxed sperm is gonna be worth…dunno what his Surly handle is tho

11 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

The cherry on top might be what I’m about to type: I know someone who never got vaxxed and hasn’t had Covid and is trying to figure out much his pure-breed unvaxxed sperm is gonna be worth…dunno what his Surly handle is tho

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

What about unvaxxed titty milk? Know a gal?