Rice at Texas - Game 1

Pancho

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

OL was shit. Ewers was pedestrian. And bad if he couldn’t go to his first target.
Being shit on third down is now officially deeply woven into our DNA. It’s not what we do, it’s what we are. I fucking hate it. But I should I be used to it.

Yep.  I noticed at least one play where he had a guy open about two yards from the endzone.  If he had thrown it to him, it would have been an easy TD.

Instead, he threw it to the guy who was double-covered in the endzone.  Pass incomplete, surprise surprise,.

Convert one of those 4th downs early and things look pretty different probably. Yardage was fine in the first half, situational football was poor. All that said we still were up 37-3 heading into the 4th before putting in backups.
Worthy had a great game and seems to have his head on straight. I thought most of Ewers deep balls looked okay mechanics wise outside of the rushed one to Mitchell that should have been PI. The RPO game needs to be our bread and butter and I think we realized that in the second half.
OL wasn’t good but I thought Ewers self sacked himself at least once when he tried to move up unnecessary in the pocket.
We played a pretty clean game penalty wise until the 4th then things got sloppy.

It would be nice if worthy stayed in bounds.

QE is a shit QB and we aren’t winning anything of note with him. No agility or sudden-ness to his game. He’s got cement in his shoes and literally fell over himself 3 times.  Can’t believe how shitty he looked. Has he ever lifted a weight?

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Our OLine still can’t lineup and get 4th and short. Until this changes we will, still suck in the red zone, lose games we should win, and piss away the talented rb room.
The long shots being under thrown and some the one read stupid should work out of QE with reps under fire.  Not sure the same can be said about the OLine playing like they have a pair. Also, while we are here, can I get some got-damned slants to our fast giant TE and Granpa Whittington? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It's always difficult to not overreact to week 1. Everyone is rusty. Quinn wasn't great last year in week 1 and then was lights out against Bama. Granted, our running game was Bijan and Roschon. Now we have Brooks who looks pretty mediocre and Baxter is probably out. It's hard to be optimistic going into the game next weekend with Ewers looking so pedestrian. I'd like to think we'll play to the level of our opponent next week but it wouldn't shock me if we look like we tend to on the road. We still look like a team that can't get out of its own way. At least the defense looked great...but it's Rice and JT Daniels just flat out sucks. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

If you have to ask you can’t afford them 😂

Im not asking price, I can’t even find them.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

It's always difficult to not overreact to week 1. Everyone is rusty. Quinn wasn't great last year in week 1 and then was lights out against Bama. Granted, our running game was Bijan and Roschon. Now we have Brooks who looks pretty mediocre and Baxter is probably out. It's hard to be optimistic going into the game next weekend with Ewers looking so pedestrian. I'd like to think we'll play to the level of our opponent next week but it wouldn't shock me if we look like we tend to on the road. We still look like a team that get out of its own way. At least the defense looked great...but it's Rice and JT Daniels just flat out sucks. 

It’s hard to blame Brooks when the OL did…. Nothing.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Jaydon Blue and Baxter seemed to do a lot more with the same OL. 

Baxter-yes.

Blue? Very similar. But I’d give both more touches.

I’ll have to rewatch it to see if they were getting better blocking or different play calls or just running better.

I didn’t think anyone except Baxter looked like a game changer, however Blue looked better than I anticipated.

Edited by lilMAC25

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Both would get it all Night. But sometimes I need some Crazy and the eyebrow above the sunglsss line is the type of crazy I’m ready for 

My money is on the one on the right being crazy. A cross necklace over a chest and neck full of tiny moles has historically been a very good time for me.  

• Drool 1

Bright side stuff:

Worthy is clearly healthy and had a fantastic game. Showed again why he’s a top wr in the college ranks when full strength/speed.

There’s obviously still a ton of questions about QE and whether he’ll rise up to be the leader everyone hopes for, but if he gets hurt, it ain’t gun-shy Hudson Card sitting second string anymore.

Baxter’s injury is concerning, but, yeah, that one run should be enough to tell even the uninitiated he’s got “it”.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I’ve rationalized enough opening lackluster performances against inferior teams to gloss over the way we looked today. This isn’t the offense we were sold in the off-season and I am really losing hope that Ewers is ever going to be the kind of QB we need. The o-line’s inability to pass block or run well on the Rice D is the kind of early red flag that doesn’t just vanish overnight. It’s going to hold us back all year. Defense looks as good as we’ve seen it in along time, and Alabama will be a rock fight for a while before we finally wear down. The Big 12 looks pretty mid, but I’m a lot less optimistic about making the championship game than I was this morning. 

Edited by Duane Moore
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

First half was bad from the O.  Especially the Oline.  Not sure how you return 5 starters and regress, but they did.

D was fucking money all game.  The 3 points they allowed first half was due to the offense sucking and not being able to convert a 4th and 2 leading to a short field.  There was a Fox graphic that said 30 dudes got snaps on D in the first half.  That is fucking awesome.

Ewers deep ball was very bad.  We hear about perfect practice throws and shit but this was Rice and his deep balls sucked.

X looked like freshman X, great to see.

3rd quarter O was what I expected to see out of the gate.  3 drives, 3 TDs. This is fucking Rice.

To whoever was talking about YouTube TV and 4k, all the 4k feeds are separate from their non 4k versions from the app's perspective.  But if you choose to watch a non 4K event/show of something that has a 4k event/show, you can up arrow and there will be a box in the top right to switch the 4k versions of the event/show.  All that said, their 4k package is shit.  Fox films in 1080P and upscales to 4k and they offer 2-3 games a week.  ESPN films in 4k but they do only 1 game a week if they can even be bothered.  They did none this week though I expect Texas-Bama will get 4k next week.

I liked those Sark shades and someone should post a link for me to buy them.

We are not a Championship level team yet. Was tailgating and did not watch a lot of the game but, we should have smashed Rice by 50 or more. Just look how all past champions dominate their low level opponents. Look how we smashed opponents with Vince Young. This is not rocket science.

Also, most titty pics are welcomed. Quick dumb story. An ex asked me why men (I) like tits. She said they are just breast, men have them too. I told her I dont understand the logic, and that I just remember my dick getting hard when I saw female breast when I was 5. My dick has never gotten hard looking at a guy.

Edited by Enemy07
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Hozz said:

First half was bad from the O.  Especially the Oline.  Not sure how you return 5 starters and regress, but they did.

D was fucking money all game.  The 3 points they allowed first half was due to the offense sucking and not being able to convert a 4th and 2 leading to a short field.  There was a Fox graphic that said 30 dudes got snaps on D in the first half.  That is fucking awesome.

Ewers deep ball was very bad.  We hear about perfect practice throws and shit but this was Rice and his deep balls sucked.

X looked like freshman X, great to see.

3rd quarter O was what I expected to see out of the gate.  3 drives, 3 TDs. This is fucking Rice.

To whoever was talking about YouTube TV and 4k, all the 4k feeds are separate from their non 4k versions from the app's perspective.  But if you choose to watch a non 4K event/show of something that has a 4k event/show, you can up arrow and there will be a box in the top right to switch the 4k versions of the event/show.  All that said, their 4k package is shit.  Fox films in 1080P and upscales to 4k and they offer 2-3 games a week.  ESPN films in 4k but they do only 1 game a week if they can even be bothered.  They did none this week though I expect Texas-Bama will get 4k next week.

I liked those Sark shades and someone should post a link for me to buy them.

DTV Stream had a 4k feed for the TCU/Prime game and eventually the Texas game. They also had a the regular feed on another channel.

14 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

DTV Stream had a 4k feed for the TCU/Prime game and eventually the Texas game. They also had a the regular feed on another channel.

Yeah YouTube TV was the same.  Big Noon and the first two Fox games were 4k options.  Nothing else was.  No ESPN, NBC, CBS, etc.  Next week ESPN will have us as a 4K, Fox will probably have the same as this week, Big Noon then their 11 and 230 games.

31 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

The one on the left just moved to Austin and is a bartender at twin peaks in round rock

How are her tips? Tell her come central. Joking. I am downtown Austin. I leave 25 on a 50 but surprisingly, my bartenders say people still sometimes do not leave but a dollar or two. This is where beers are 4 to $8. But a lot of the clientele looks like trust fund babies or bartenders. Actually, I know for a fact others are bartenders. The conversations always have them discusssing how was working at "X" bar.

Edited by Enemy07

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Jaydon Blue and Baxter seemed to do a lot more with the same OL. 

Baxter was averaging 7.6 ypc before he went down. Dude is the truth. Not sure how long a clavicle injury takes to heal, but hopefully he's back by ou. It was nice to see Blue show out. Probably bad in practice but a good game day player. Brooks did well enough to get close to 5 ypc, as did Blue, who did average 5.5 ypc.