Game Day Experience 2023

Bullneck

1 hour ago, Horndog said:

The explain how Bama continues to get 5 stars by the bus load. The game experience there is nothing like you described. 

I have not been to a Texas home game in several years, but I've been to quite a few away games, including the Bama game this year.  The Bama game was tons of fun, but included most of the stuff people are talking about - loud music, light shows, cell phone flashlights (including a wave), etc.  I didn't really notice the band at all until I heard the Texas band playing a lot late in the game as the Bama fans started to filter out.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

From CDC’s recent essay, he’s super proud to see Fonzie jump the shark.

There's no way he wrote that himself.   I'm not even sure AI could write something that slithery.

Drew Martin, Fernando Lovo and our entire external services, creative and game ops teams

Welp, at least now we know the names of 2 of the heads of the hydra.   Let's run this to ground for root-cause identification.  CDC is not the path to resolution.  He is responsible and accountable, but on this problem he is neither consulted nor informed.

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Drew Martin, Fernando Lovo and our entire external services, creative and game ops teams

Fernando Lovo is the one involved in game operations. He’s an Urban disciple who came here with Tom, left to the Jags when Sark was hired, then came crawling back to us. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/university-of-texas-ut-college-football-fernando-lovo-urban-meyer-jacksonville

• Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Fernando Lovo is the one involved in game operations. He’s an Urban disciple who came here with Tom, left to the Jags when Sark was hired, then came crawling back to us. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/university-of-texas-ut-college-football-fernando-lovo-urban-meyer-jacksonville

IMG_0127.gif.028a1a979a050391434b94def38867d5.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

There seems to be a disconnect here somewhere. "You olds just don't want it loud". No, the exact opposite. I want every game to sound like the Mizzou game in 2008. And I don't think that's possible right now, with all the bullshit going on.

I’d rather it be consistently loud and tough to play when an Alabama rolls to town than to have to go and cherry pick specific games from specific years. It currently is consistently louder for most games than it has been likely ever. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not gonna slog through all these pages of bitching, so don't know if this was posted or not. But here is the Texas Athletics dept. online survey for Saturday's game. Have at it...

"Please answer a few questions about your gameday experience at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium this past Saturday at the Wyoming game. Our team will use your feedback to make necessary adjustments to provide you the best possible experience throughout the 2023 season."

https://app.texassports.com/fb23wyoming?utm_medium=email&elq_cid=284659&RSRC=Email&RDAT=1943&ehash=1895578ec723d809e8d532094f59aab97fab93198e4daf485a1ab33ed73feee8&elqTrackId=7A012B2F860E630D38843F06F35A0433&elq=d94c0fb15d7a45d79338873731576786&elqaid=1943&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=1666

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I have not been to a Texas home game in several years, but I've been to quite a few away games, including the Bama game this year.  The Bama game was tons of fun, but included most of the stuff people are talking about - loud music, light shows, cell phone flashlights (including a wave), etc.  I didn't really notice the band at all until I heard the Texas band playing a lot late in the game as the Bama fans started to filter out.

I was also at the Bama game.  Trust me, the amount of electronic bufoonery and the volume at DKR far exceeds what we witnessed at Bama.

Just stopping by to say:

1. Fuck Bob Cole and his bullshit faux cheerleader schtick!

2. Fuck playing shit between EVERY single fucking play at 120 dB!

3. Pearl Jam tore the fucking roof off the Moody Center! God Bless Eddie Vedder!

Hook ‘em and fuck the Big 12! Let’s win it all and have fuckface hand us the Big 12 trophy at the end of the season!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Just stopping by to say:

1. Fuck Bob Cole and his bullshit faux cheerleader schtick!

2. Fuck playing shit between EVERY single fucking play at 120 dB!

3. Pearl Jam tore the fucking roof off the Moody Center! God Bless Eddie Vedder!

Hook ‘em and fuck the Big 12! Let’s win it all and have fuckface hand us the Big 12 trophy at the end of the season!

No cocaine and no scrippas.

Severely disappointed in you.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, texasdago said:

Oh... and y'all need to wake up that 5 star recruits are not looking to go to a game for a "quality college football experience".  

I would hope that at least some of our 5 star NIL funded recruits are looking to go to a game to play football and not look at the light show and drones

• Hook 'Em 1

I’d rather it be consistently loud and tough to play when an Alabama rolls to town than to have to go and cherry pick specific games from specific years. It currently is consistently louder for most games than it has been likely ever. 

I doubt crowd noise is louder consistently. We diagnosed how the dumbotron sucks the life out due to cranking it to 100dbs up until a few seconds before the snap. Why get loud when the crowdtrack does it for you?

Also, with secondary ticket sales so convenient, and alienation of core fanbase, tourists fill the stands in record numbers.

And as we know, the overdue move to group students together has made a huge difference. If there’s a crowd boost, its because of that and general alcohol sales.

Holy shit.

My phone will auto display the song of what's playing on my lock screen. I picked it up and noticed you can view the history of what it's listened to so I scrolled back to Saturday night.

Here's what it recognized from 6:50 Saturday until 10:15. And keep in mind it's not picking up all the techno 10 second snippets:

Time song came on / Song title/ Band/Album

6:51 Flashing Lights Kanye WestGraduation (Exclusive Edition)
6:56 I Gotta Feeling The Black Eyed PeasPop y buenas vibras en Enero
7:01 Hells Bells AC/DCBack In Black
7:15 Pursuit Of Happiness (Extended Steve Aoki Remix) (feat. MGMT & Ratatat) Kid CudiPursuit Of Happiness (Extended Steve Aoki Remix)
7:16 We Ready Archie EversoleRide Wit Me Dirty South Style
7:21 R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A. (A Salute To 60's Rock) John MellencampScarecrow
7:23 Five More Hours DeorroGood Evening
7:26 Tonta Diego VerdaguerOrgánico
7:28 Breaking the Law Judas PriestBritish Steel
7:31 We Own It (Fast & Furious) 2 ChainzB.O.A.T.S. II #METIME (Deluxe)
7:43 Fight Night MigosNo Label II
7:44 Young Love & Saturday Nights Chris YoungYoung Love & Saturday Nights
7:45 Basketball (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Fabolous & Fundisha) Lil Bow WowMusic From The Motion Picture Like Mike
7:48 Get Back LudacrisThe Red Light District
8:02 The Way You Move (feat. Sleepy Brown) OutkastSpeakerboxxx/The Love Below
8:05 Can't Stop Us Now Pitbull & Zac BrownCan't Stop Us Now
8:11 Mr. Brightside The KillersHot Fuss
8:14 Uproar (feat. Swizz Beatz) Lil WayneTha Carter V
8:18 Diamonds RihannaUnapologetic
8:22 Rosa Parks OutkastAquemini
8:24 Walkin' On The Sun Smash MouthFush Yu Mang (20th Anniversary Edition)
8:25 Stick (feat. Kenny Mason & Sheck Wes) Dreamville, JID & J. ColeD-Day: A Gangsta Grillz Mixtape
8:29 If You're Gonna Play in Texas (You Gotta Have a Fiddle in the Band) AlabamaRoll On
8:31 Paradise BazziParadise
8:38 Bad Company Five Finger Death PunchWar Is The Answer
8:41 The Middle Zedd, Maren Morris & GreyThe Middle
8:54 Congratulations (feat. Quavo) Post MaloneStoney (Deluxe)
8:59 Jump Van HalenBest of Volume 1
9:03 The Waiting KhalidFree Spirit
9:03 I Will Wait Steve EarleCopperhead Road (Deluxe Edition)
9:08 Copperhead Road Mumford & SonsBabel
9:29 Talk (feat. Disclosure) Tom Petty and the HeartbreakersHard Promises
9:34 A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES Linkin ParkRecharged
9:35 Galvanize The Chemical BrothersPush The Button
9:44 Don't Stop the Party (feat. TJR) PitbullDon't Stop the Party
9:45 Just a Friend Biz MarkieBiz's Baddest Beats: The Best of Biz Markie
9:47 Mo Bamba Sheck WesMUDBOY
9:52 i Kendrick Lamari
9:58 Beggin' MadconBeggin'
10:01 Bring Em Out T.I.Urban Legend
10:11 Don't Stop Believin' JourneyEscape

Fuck all that

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

Holy shit.

My phone will auto display the song of what's playing on my lock screen. I picked it up and noticed you can view the history of what it's listened to so I scrolled back to Saturday night.

Here's what it recognized from 6:50 Saturday until 10:15. And keep in mind it's not picking up all the techno 10 second snippets:

Time song came on / Song title/ Band/Album

6:51 Flashing Lights Kanye WestGraduation (Exclusive Edition)
6:56 I Gotta Feeling The Black Eyed PeasPop y buenas vibras en Enero
7:01 Hells Bells AC/DCBack In Black
7:15 Pursuit Of Happiness (Extended Steve Aoki Remix) (feat. MGMT & Ratatat) Kid CudiPursuit Of Happiness (Extended Steve Aoki Remix)
7:16 We Ready Archie EversoleRide Wit Me Dirty South Style
7:21 R.O.C.K. In The U.S.A. (A Salute To 60's Rock) John MellencampScarecrow
7:23 Five More Hours DeorroGood Evening
7:26 Tonta Diego VerdaguerOrgánico
7:28 Breaking the Law Judas PriestBritish Steel
7:31 We Own It (Fast & Furious) 2 ChainzB.O.A.T.S. II #METIME (Deluxe)
7:43 Fight Night MigosNo Label II
7:44 Young Love & Saturday Nights Chris YoungYoung Love & Saturday Nights
7:45 Basketball (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Fabolous & Fundisha) Lil Bow WowMusic From The Motion Picture Like Mike
7:48 Get Back LudacrisThe Red Light District
8:02 The Way You Move (feat. Sleepy Brown) OutkastSpeakerboxxx/The Love Below
8:05 Can't Stop Us Now Pitbull & Zac BrownCan't Stop Us Now
8:11 Mr. Brightside The KillersHot Fuss
8:14 Uproar (feat. Swizz Beatz) Lil WayneTha Carter V
8:18 Diamonds RihannaUnapologetic
8:22 Rosa Parks OutkastAquemini
8:24 Walkin' On The Sun Smash MouthFush Yu Mang (20th Anniversary Edition)
8:25 Stick (feat. Kenny Mason & Sheck Wes) Dreamville, JID & J. ColeD-Day: A Gangsta Grillz Mixtape
8:29 If You're Gonna Play in Texas (You Gotta Have a Fiddle in the Band) AlabamaRoll On
8:31 Paradise BazziParadise
8:38 Bad Company Five Finger Death PunchWar Is The Answer
8:41 The Middle Zedd, Maren Morris & GreyThe Middle
8:54 Congratulations (feat. Quavo) Post MaloneStoney (Deluxe)
8:59 Jump Van HalenBest of Volume 1
9:03 The Waiting KhalidFree Spirit
9:03 I Will Wait Steve EarleCopperhead Road (Deluxe Edition)
9:08 Copperhead Road Mumford & SonsBabel
9:29 Talk (feat. Disclosure) Tom Petty and the HeartbreakersHard Promises
9:34 A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES Linkin ParkRecharged
9:35 Galvanize The Chemical BrothersPush The Button
9:44 Don't Stop the Party (feat. TJR) PitbullDon't Stop the Party
9:45 Just a Friend Biz MarkieBiz's Baddest Beats: The Best of Biz Markie
9:47 Mo Bamba Sheck WesMUDBOY
9:52 i Kendrick Lamari
9:58 Beggin' MadconBeggin'
10:01 Bring Em Out T.I.Urban Legend
10:11 Don't Stop Believin' JourneyEscape

Fuck all that

Bloated

Most people at DKR had to endure that or somehow ignore it

And even songs I like I dont like hearing repeatedly

On 9/22/2023 at 1:40 PM, MirrOlure said:

I'm sure this will solve all of the problems....here's what I typed into the template on the "Contact Us" page.  You have to give your real name, email and telephone number:

https://texassports.com/sb_output.aspx?form=12

Add to no. 4: the cheerleaders and the crowd can manage it on their own. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Speaking of UT football experiences, these types of events are missed by some of the Longhorn ladies… 

Maybe Mrs. Sark could co-host something similar with her hubby?

48602406-DDF9-49A8-9906-A3AC1C2B49B9.jpeg

Yeah, have Ms Sark give the folks over at aggy a call to see if they have any advice on how to put on a clinic that's not a national embarrassment

screen-shot-2016-07-29-at-80747-pm.png

• Haha 1

I know kickoff "says" 2:30p, but Clemson/Syracuse plus some promos/intros/bumpers/commercials...the ball won't actually leave the tee until about 2:40p.  But if he's older, he may like to get into his seats earlier than most.  But 2:40p actual clock starts.  I'd say in real time, your seats (seems like about halfway up and midfield)...you're probably not in the shade until well into the 2nd quarter.  With the heat index (not crazy humidity, but certainly noticeable)....plus you're just close enough to get ambient heat burning off the rubber turf.  At some point in the first quarter, y'all are gonna be solidly above 100 degrees in real feel.  Second half should be comfortable, but maybe make an alternative plan for first half (switch seats with somebody under overhang, one of the concourse bar areas, Exes center, etc.).  Every Texas is a tough guy, but if your dad has health issues, no reason to risk it for fucking Kansas.  Take it steady and make your way down when he feels ready.  This won't be Rice hot, but it's not anything to fuck aroudn with either.  

• Hook 'Em 2