2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

We have had bad routes, terrible we coaching, and morons for WRs since Garrett if not further back. Fire them all.

Nearly 30 years of players and head coaches and position coaches. Players and coaches come and go, but one thing remains consistent.

You would think and know that he knows this too. He does, but it’s an ego thing and it’s really easy to see. 31 fan bases laugh at it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Remind me what the point of the Trey Lance trade was again?

It’s the ol’ “Driving solo on a long road trip welp I’m horny let me rub one out listening to Mad Dog Russo because there’s nothing better to listen to and the shame will be short-lived” kinda move.

Edited by SizzleChest

100% the right move is to keep him for another year. If another playoff disaster happens next season you get to part ways with the coach AND dak prescott.

So you’re going to keep Dak on his last year at $59 fucking mil? Jerry is going to extend Dak so we’ll have him another 5 fucking years.

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Remind me what the point of the Trey Lance trade was again?

That dude is so bad at reading defenses I'm convinced he couldn't read Green Eggs and Ham.  Like, he had years to get better with the Niners and never progressed to the level of being able to handle basic concepts.  Shanahan gave him the base level of the offense and he couldn't even make that shit work.  I bet they were thrilled when they got a 4th for him.  

Kind of seems like a trend with ol' Jerry.  QB who obviously doesn't have what it takes and nobody else wants?  Give up draft picks for him.  Old, mediocre-to-awful head coach that has been out of the league for years that absolutely nobody would consider to run their team?  Hire that motherfucker!  

• Haha 1

From ESPN.com

A number of Dallas players, including quarterback Dak Prescott and left guard Tyler Smith, stood up for McCarthy following the loss to the Packers. They said they appreciated McCarthy's willingness to take care of their health and well-being during the course of the season.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

A number of Dallas players stood up for McCarthy They appreciated McCarthy's willingness to take care of their health and well-being during course of the season.

Oh, so by losing to Green Bay in the first round of playoffs, McCarthy helped his players avoid injuries by not having to play 3 more games.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Jerrah deserves what he gets and those that believe that Jerrah wants to win at all cost have always been idiots. Jerrah wants to be right when it is clear he don't have fucking clue. Fuck you Jerry Jones that is all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I really hope Dan Quinn finds another job elsewhere or isn’t retained. You just can’t lose a game like that to a 9-8 team who barely made the playoffs and not make some major changes. Running the whole thing back is the dumbest thing ever.

10 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

They said they appreciated McCarthy's willingness to take care of their health and well-being during the course of the season.

Dak: Marked safe from injury for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

From ESPN.com

A number of Dallas players, including quarterback Dak Prescott and left guard Tyler Smith, stood up for McCarthy following the loss to the Packers. They said they appreciated McCarthy's willingness to take care of their health and well-being during the course of the season.

Of course they did.

They're comfortable as hell.  That's why they got their asses boatraced on Saturday too.

Coming soon:  More of the same.  Hallmark Channel deviates more between shows than the fucking Cowboys do.

Fuck it, if Jerry doesn’t care, neither do I. Of course the billionaires buying the suites who don’t actually watch the games just drink and schmooze will keep funding this bullshit along with the hoards of viewers tuning in for the schadenfreude. I wish even one of my hated teams provided this level of joy.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Fuck it, if Jerry doesn’t care, neither do I. Of course the billionaires buying the suites who don’t actually watch the games just drink and schmooze will keep funding this bullshit along with the hoards of viewers tuning in for the schadenfreude. I wish even one of my hated teams provided this level of joy.

My aunt lives in Dallas and has 4 really, really good seats.  She loves football and the Cowboys.  Has been a season ticket holder for 30 years. But she never goes to the game because she would rather watch on tv and tells me the ingress and egress traffic is horrible.  She just sells them every week and makes a ridiculous amount of money.  It sounds like there is still plenty of demand for tickets, per what she tells me she sells hers for.

My family has a ton of Texans tickets to the point we rarely use them all as a family.  And most are prime club level first or second row between the 40s.  When I sell them even when they are decent, I get maybe 1/3 of what she does.

The whole organization appeared to be satisfied that they made the playoffs and weren’t interested in anything beyond that.

Your typical Cowboys fan is still going to delay the new roof they need for the house or forgo their kids’ 529 to continue buying tickets so they can be disappointed at the end of each season. 

There is ONE REASON and ONLY ONE REASON this worthless SOS won't fire McCarthy: He is the cheapest JA on the planet. He's probably got McCarthy tied down for a couple of mil a year, but going out and getting a real coach, who is real smart, innovative and commanding of respect, and who would actually give us a shot at a playoff win would cost FJJ 20+mil a year. That is all he's looking at. He is cheap, cheap and cheaper. The Cowboy fans, the Cowboy legacy, whatever, can go fuck themselves. They are just a necessary evil in FJJ's eyes. He will turn his back on us until the day he dies.

Almost 30 years in Texas, with family here going back a century.  I really will never understand the cultish worship of Jerry Jones' Cowboys.  He could rename himself Jimmy Jones and offer fans $23 flavor-aids at the concession stands and people's dying wish would be suck his balls before their demise.  It's always somebody else's fault, he didn't lose-it was rigged, they just ran out of time, they just need one more chance to win, everything's gonna align just right if you just give him one more chance, it's everybody else that's out to get him, it's that guy over there, it's that lady that way!, it's gonna be different this time, I just need a few more of your hard-earned dollars, it's the media, the other side was cheating, things are gonna work out I can feel it!  

Same fucking bullshit year after year.  The fucking A&M of pro sports.  When you can't spot the mark of a confidence man, look inward.

Man, an entire offseason and regular season will have to be gone through just to see if the Cowboys can do better in the opening round of the playoffs with the same cast of characters. I mean some decade it's going to work, right Jerry?

Ya can't say Jerrah doesn't know how to manage expectations...

It's unfucking believable this guy has the business results chasing glory holes with his mindset, or maybe it has changed from his youth.  IDK, I just know my interest in the Cowboys is now just watching to see the wrecks.  They are Team NASCAR for me.

52 minutes ago, slorch said:

Ya can't say Jerrah doesn't know how to manage expectations...

It's unfucking believable this guy has the business results chasing glory holes with his mindset, or maybe it has changed from his youth.  IDK, I just know my interest in the Cowboys is now just watching to see the wrecks.  They are Team NASCAR for me.

The best thing we can do is have apathy. Hate will still sell tickets and ad spots. We genuinely have to just let it go and not care.