Texas opens as a 13 point favorite @ Baylor

TexasMan

12 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So, Baylor is significantly better than Wyoming?

I don't believe that at all.

Well it's a road game and this time the Big 12 crew has a Big 12 team to reap the benefits of their fuckery. If we win this game 34-21 as we adjust to life this season in this conference I'll be happy.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I'm seeing this more as a 24-7 type of game where opening script looks great and 2nd half adjustments kind of work, before Sark just says "fuck it" and runs out the clock. Small sample size caveat applies but I wouldn't be betting the over if gambling.

I'd also think that 7 comes from a fluke interception/ fumble recovery that leads to a score, and not a straight up offensive TD (where they drive the ball.)

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Totally.

I'm just thinking as a bettor, I didn't like Texas -30 against Wyoming, and I love Texas -13 @ Baylor.

I mean, I think I would take Wyoming straight up against Baylor on a neutral field.  Baylor isn't better than the Tech team that Wyoming beat.  So, these two lines just don't make sense to me.

But, whatever.  Let's give Baylor an embarrassing score to remember us by and then never play them in football again.

The Wyoming result is priced into the Baylor line. The Wyoming line should have been -21. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The Wyoming result is priced into the Baylor line. The Wyoming line should have been -21. 

Vegas got it right since it opened at like 26 and had to go up from there. The money must have been pouring in on Texas.  The money may have calmed down somewhat since it lost. But winning by 30 is tough to do, especially against a slow tempo running team. That was an emotional play all the way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The second part I agree with -- I actually said 18 to 20.  That had letdown game against an underrated opponent all over it.

But, I still think the Baylor line will go up, maybe significantly.  Baylor looks like dogshit, and bettors shouldn't be discounting Texas on the road after Tuscaloosa.  But, we'll see.

I would add 7 points impact adversely for the Horns due to Big 12 ref BS. Bad spot, no hold called on TD run for other team etc

It is going to happen. So now you are making the line Texas by 22 vs 15.

It will 100% get worse throughout the season especially if Texas plays another undefeated Big 12 team (not counting OU in this as they are going to SEC).

Especially if BYU comes into DKR undefeated. The new member vs the "traitor". Get your fucking pop corn ready

4 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

I'll believe Baylor is as bad as people think they are when we hang 50 on them. I thought we would skate on Wyoming especially considering they were starting a backup at QB. 

Our potential ineptitude doesn't deny the fact Baylor is bad. 

1) They lost at home to Texas State

2) They lost at home to Utah's 2nd and 3rd string QBs. 

3) They struggled yesterday with Long Island who came into that game 0-2 with double digit losses to Bryant and Ohio.

If we don't blow out Baylor it says more about us than Baylor. They suck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

You never know how the officiating can influence this outcome being Grant Teaff's last game coaching in the conference for Baylor.  

That game was so fucked.  Top three get fucked by the refs game I can think of for Texas.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Totally.
I'm just thinking as a bettor, I didn't like Texas -30 against Wyoming, and I love Texas -13 @ Baylor.
I mean, I think I would take Wyoming straight up against Baylor on a neutral field.  Baylor isn't better than the Tech team that Wyoming beat.  So, these two lines just don't make sense to me.
But, whatever.  Let's give Baylor an embarrassing score to remember us by and then never play them in football again.

I think it’s the intangible road conference game/last Texas visit to Waco.

-13 is usually a pretty big number for a road conference favorite but it’s justified here. Baylor is shit, even if I’m sure they’ll play their game of the year.