Texas vs Baylor - 6:30pm on ABC [An XXX fucking 38-6 Texas]

Pancho

Watts and Thompson.  Both are too slow.  

This. Tap the brakes on comparing this years to 2004-06 or Muschamp’s 2008-10 squads.

Our front 7 is good. Back 4 is average and the experienced guys are have average speed. Provided they play assignment football, we’ll be OK. But if an elite passing team gets us, we’ll be exposed.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

This. Tap the brakes on comparing this years to 2004-06 or Muschamp’s 2008-10 squads.

Our front 7 is good. Back 4 is average and the experienced guys are have average speed. Provided they play assignment football, we’ll be OK. But if an elite passing team gets us, we’ll be exposed.

Well we're about to get a very good passing team in 6 days. He can run it, can navigate the pocket, and can throw outside the pocket. 

Then the week after we get Gabriel in the Cotton. Next 2 weeks should show what kind of overall defense we have. 

Good news is neither should have a defense that can do anything with our offense if they show up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I was at a reunion - they had the game on - but I couldn't see much of it. Baylor completedish a long pass to our 5 yard line. The ball came out when the ball hit the ground and we recovered it in the end zone. I guess they called it a completed pass with the ground causing the fumble. On first glance, it seemed like a terrible call. There was no review from what I could tell as Baylor ran a play immediately. Was it as egregious as I thought? Why didn't we call a timeout to force a review?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I was at a reunion - they had the game on - but I couldn't see much of it. Baylor completedish a long pass to our 5 yard line. The ball came out when the ball hit the ground and we recovered it in the end zone. I guess they called it a completed pass with the ground causing the fumble. On first glance, it seemed like a terrible call. There was no review from what I could tell as Baylor ran a play immediately. Was it as egregious as I thought? Why didn't we call a timeout to force a review?

Sark called a timeout, they ignored him....I think we would have lost any review.  But yea, they ignored him.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, tokamak said:

There’s a decent chance that I will never think about Baylor again for the rest of my life. Absolutely nothing of value was lost. 

I'll think about them...every time I lower the toilet seat to take a baylor. 

Fuck those rape enabling/covering up bastards.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Brooks is a damn good back. Way better than people were giving him props for pre season. Baxter has a good chance to better eventually, but I don’t see him pushing Baxter out of the starting role by the end of the season (assuming no injuries). I want to see more of Blue.

OL is gelling and playing as well as many people expected. I was not sure they’d play nearly this well. 

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

Brooks is a damn good back. Way better than people were giving him props for pre season. Baxter has a good chance to better eventually, but I don’t see him pushing Baxter out of the starting role by the end of the season (assuming no injuries). I want to see more of Blue.

OL is gelling and playing as well as many people expected. I was not sure they’d play nearly this well. 

This Hutson injury is going to make Campbell grow up very very fast. I think he greatly improved from first half to second half. The more he sees and plays against he'll improve.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Watts has been beaten deep a few times because he is face raping dudes all day between 0-10 yards. How many years have we complained about soft coverage on the outside basically conceding the short 5 yard pass and gotten dink and dunked down the field. Im tired of that shit.

Much more satisfying to shut down the short shit all night and let them try to protect long enough against our front to get somebody deep

Getting beat deep 1 or 2 times a game is no big deal if it also comes with completely shutting down everything else. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 4th and 5 said:

Rewatching the game, once again, the blocking of Mitchell is atrocious. Costco shoppers do a better job of getting in the way. 

First play of game sure, but also read well by DB.. on JT screen play he had a great block. So let's not act like he doesn't have good plays too. 

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bro was saying our offense was not great but had 500 yards and QB had 78%completion percentage lol

Bro has reading comprehension issue. I wonder where bro went to college. I never said we didn't have good offense yesterday. Learn to read.

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

We need more formations with Worthy and Cook like this one. It's going to stress defenses because of the speed both those guys have. 

Watch Baylor double Worthy which meant Cook could just cook his guy with athleticism. 

Beautiful ball. Steps into his throw and right on target.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It looks to me like it’s a little short and that may be what caused Cook to stumble. Still, it was 40 yards in the air and off maybe a foot. Certainly beats being overthrown by a foot. I’ll take that throw over and over and over. 

If you watch the wider angle Cook does what any good receiver does, he throttles a bit to get the ball in stride....just stumbles after the catch or that's a house call IMO.

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If you watch the wider angle Cook does what any good receiver does, he throttles a bit to get the ball in stride....just stumbles after the catch or that's a house call IMO.

Yes… he throttles in because the throw was a little short. And, again, more than acceptable.