Jonathon Brooks is a Bad Mother Fucker

immamac

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It wasn't dirty....holy shit. People running with this shit sound like pussy hurt aggies. 

He was trying to hurt him Burnt. You can see how hard he is flexing when he is twisting him. We can agree it is part of the game put that was def on purpose. It's like how there is a regular tackle and a Dallas Turner tackle, where you pull them in by the waist as hard as you can and then drive all your body weight into them as they land. You can see it in the technique. They were trying to hurt Worthy too.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

He can have my acl.

Damn how bad does this hurt his draft stock.

Depends on how he performs at Texas next year because he won’t come out now, unless he’d stupidly be willing to be a lower round pick. He has no shot at combine which means he has no shot at being drafted earlier. 

5 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

That and the fact that Brooks had to be in the game at that point against a crappy team and we have three RBs on the sidelines that should be able to put away a game as well. 

None of those 3 is capable. Brooks was lost when Sark decided to fuck around starting in the 3rd quarter.  

2 hours ago, Hard Times said:

Does he not have a legitimate beef? For the season, Baxter 4.5 ypc, Robinson 7 ypc. I know Robinson doesn't have carries to be statistically valid, but certainly it shows he deserves more opportunities. 

Didn't Sark start giving him punt or kick returns - until he started trying to return everything?  He was returning kicks he 100% should've fair caught.  Maybe the bad decisions combined with bitching on twitter/X was the last straw.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

He was trying to hurt him Burnt. You can see how hard he is flexing when he is twisting him. We can agree it is part of the game put that was def on purpose. It's like how there is a regular tackle and a Dallas Turner tackle, where you pull them in by the waist as hard as you can and then drive all your body weight into them as they land. You can see it in the technique. They were trying to hurt Worthy too.

Screen name makes sense

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

This. That twist after the end of the tackle was intentional.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

39 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Who knows who is “behind the scenes”. Only a decent sports med doc or ortho that examined him can make this guess unless his knee is as loose as a u joint that is about to give out. Anwar can piss off with his click bait.

I'm pretty sure we have a competent ortho on the team. If you wathed the post game press last night , it was apparent with Sark's demeanor during it, that they already knew. Just needed the the MRI today for confirmation. Sucks for JB and the team. 

19 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1

Honestly the best thing for him now is to go pro. Some team will spend a 4th rounder gambling on his high upside. He can spend most of 2024 on IR getting paid and getting back to full speed with an eye towards the end of the year and beyond, rather than coming back and carrying our program on his recently repaired knee

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

If anything I would think this would make him go pro even more. The last thing a RB wants is tread. I think he rehabs , does good and gets drafted at least 3rd or 4th 🙏🏽 

Yeah it's going to be a tough call. NIL makes these things a lot more interesting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Motherrrrrrr fuckerrrerrrr

rhis is on your sark you fucking trash can coach. Csnt keep a lead for shit against anyone.  When blue and Baxter should have been mopping up in garbage time we had to lean on our bad mother fucker to squeak out a win 

Maybe take some time off the boards… 

14 hours ago, TheYoungHorn said:

And as someone that tore an ACL and kept playing for a few weeks, crawling around to try to get off the field is exactly how you would react. 

There are 22 people at the intramural fields at UT in 1982 that can confirm someone dragged himself off the field with a knee injury, realizing that his dream of playing in the intramural finals was done for the year. But there‘s more to the story. He became a prolific poster on a sports message board to more than make up for it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Motherrrrrrr fuckerrrerrrr

rhis is on your sark you fucking trash can coach. Csnt keep a lead for shit against anyone.  When blue and Baxter should have been mopping up in garbage time we had to lean on our bad mother fucker to squeak out a win 

brooks got hurt with 10.5 minutes left in the game and texas up by 13.

• Hook 'Em 1

What the fuck video are you guys watching?  The defender lets go of hist leg and rolls to get up.  Very normal play, and nothing dirty about it at all.
There were plenty of dirty plays in this game by tcu...mostly on Worthy...but this wasn't one of them.  Football is a contact sport and injuries happen.  It sucks. But we need to move on.
Time for Choice to earn his pay.

Agreed. I didn’t think that one was dirty.
  • Hook 'Em 1

What the fuck video are you guys watching?  The defender lets go of his leg and rolls to get up.  Very normal play, and nothing dirty about it at all.
There were plenty of dirty plays in this game by tcu...mostly on Worthy...but this wasn't one of them.  Football is a contact sport and injuries happen.  It sucks. But we need to move on.
Time for Choice to earn his pay.

The roll looked way worse on the close up views from behind than it did in that clip.
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Two different angles... I think the one from behind shows him twisting the leg after the tackle , but the injury could have already been done. 

I’m very upset for Texas and for that young man. He’s a warrior and he quickly developed into my favorite running back in years, probably since JC. But that wasn’t a dirty play. You cannot tear someone’s ACL like that. He tore it during the play or while being tackled. Any other reaction is wasted energy and misplaced anger. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Oh shut the fuck up. Could have happened on the first play of the game. It’s football. 

I could've won the lottery had I picked the right numbers.  It didn't happen at the beginning of the game.  It happened on a tackle in the middle of us sitting on and almost blowing yet another 20 point lead. 

Edited by chemHORN