Texas vs houston - 3:00pm on Fox

Pancho

Just now, Brandywine said:

Sark is going to lose his fans if he doesn’t win this game after being ahead 21-0. 

I dunno if that'll happen. Certainly, the haters will get louder, and people like me who really want him to succeed, but are skeptical, have yet another data point that "Washington fans are correct about this guy."

Look... our optimism this season was based on the talent on campus. Now I ask you... is the talent on campus here because of Sark, or because of Texas One Fund? Well, both. QB room owes everything to Sark; OL room owes everything to Texas One/NIL. Now I'll tell you the OL is more important than the QB. And our OL room is still young. And Flood is a legit developer of elite talent.

Sark's getting another year. Another chance to win us over or break our hearts again. So what we think is moot. I'm skeptical of the guy. But I'm even more skeptical of our ability to hire a coach. The people who make those decisions at UT aren't football guys. They don't know what makes a good coach and what doesn't. If so, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. We wouldn't have hired Herman or Strong, either. Hell, I'm not even sure we'd have hired Mack Brown, Mackovic, or McWilliams. Seriously... when's the last time we hired a good coach? DKR, and we got lucky, and had certain recruiting advantages since then.

So... yeah. We have the recruiting advantage back. Maybe we can get a good enough coach next time?

• Hook 'Em 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic