THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They still have the LSU win carrying water but that's weak as fuck now

I know. But their conference schedule is atrocious. Played the bottom 6 finishers.

People give the SEC hell about their scrimmages but FSU had two - Southern Miss and North Alabama.

5 wins against team with winning records. Two of those had backups playing.

4 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I don't trust the playoff committee.  They're going to screw someone over for the SEC.  It might be us, but FSU is an easier sell to screw over. 

Yeah, FSU is definitely the easier sell.

"They aren't good with a 3rd string QB" vs "We are taking the team that lost to Texas H2H." 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hmbre97 said:

That dream died when Georgia lost. They were talking about Georgia being #1 and then Wash/Mich being 2/3 and playing in the rose bowl. Now that Georgia lost, they're going to have to seed Washington and Michigan 1/2 so they won't play in the semis now.

True.

3 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Stop putting FSU at 3 because of the 0 in the loss column. They almost missed in '14 while the only undefeated. The committee will have us at 3 tomorrow and debate all night about the 4th spot between Bama/FSU. 

Screenshot_20231202_223955_Chrome.thumb.jpg.110e3e7e02aac54dcf5a21a4cc47a5ca.jpg

Going to be way easier for committee to put FSU 3 and Texas 4... Much easier for them to explain and that's what I see them doing.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

I would suggest setting your expectations low. I'd love for us to make the playoffs, but there is zero chance they leave out the SEC champion (whether that is fair or not) and I can't see them leaving out an undefeated FSU (even though they probably should based on the QB situation) 

You are a miserable pussy. We won head to head. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

No fucking way the SEC champ gets left out, but if you’re gonna do it the head to head loss is the deal breaker. I’d love to see it lol.

I mean fuck it CDC just schedule incarnate word, trinity, and st edwards OOC every year. Georgia just lost to Bama. They are out. Texas vs Bama for the last spot. There’s a pretty fucking easy way to pick the team.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Going to be way easier for committee to put FSU 3 and Texas 4... Much easier for them to explain and that's what I see them doing.

The only reason they do that is to have 2 competive games. Mich/FSU will be as bad as the Iowa game. TCU getting blown out last year will have more impact than people realize. They are going to look real hard at leaving FSU out so we don't have that happen again.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Horny04 said:

Should be 1. Mich 2. Wash 3. Tex 4. Bama

I think that matches up really well for us. 

1) we probably have the best offense in the country right now to go with the best 3rd down and red zone defense in the country. 

2) Washington has been fading and their defense is vulnerable. 

3) all season the team has thrived on a revenge tour and they're a part of it. They wouldn't play us with 1/4 of the starters sitting out this time 

3 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

I would suggest setting your expectations low. I'd love for us to make the playoffs, but there is zero chance they leave out the SEC champion (whether that is fair or not) and I can't see them leaving out an undefeated FSU (even though they probably should based on the QB situation) 

The committee fucked TCU. The talking heads are nearly all in agreement regarding Texas having head to head. 

This is the chance for them to put their money where there mouth is... 

So, they are just bullshit or they do as they say.

I don't know that it happens, but the committee is gonna grab some hell because fucking Texas ain't the same as TCU. 

7 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

That's what it should be. Though not necessarily what it will be.

Flip Texas and FSU.  Gives you better matchups. Michigan isn’t great offensively. FSU might be able to hang. Texas vs Washington in the Sark bowl with great offenses. Yes please. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

We won head to head in 2008, didn’t mean shit.

Completely different situation and there was a 3rd team as common opponent. 

also BCS not committee. 

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

We won head to head in 2008, didn’t mean shit.

That’s it.

1. Michigan

2. Washington 

3. Alabama

4. FSU

Jesus, this was good year but yeah. The conference championship felt hollow knowing our hopes hinged on a Louisville team winning tonight.

• Fuck You 15
  • Rage+1 2

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]