Texas vs iowa state - 7pm on Fox

Pancho

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Because it's clear the difference between him and Brooks is MASSIVE. Not even close. It was bizarre and absurd. As well as Baxter did tonight, he still doesn't see the open holes well. His vision is that of a  frosh who isn't generational, but has big upside. Brooks has shown flashes in actual games. Then when everyone saw Brooks again he did exactly what he's been doing in his limited time behind Bijan and Roschon...learning + adapting his own talent. 

It was stupid then and now to start Baxter over Brooks, obviously. It was a screw up, but it's behind us now. 

I don’t disagree, but what I’m saying is, rather right or wrong the coaches seen something in him to start him over Brooks, so at least we know we have a starter in the backfield and not some scrub 

• Like 1

I don’t disagree, but what I’m saying is, rather right or wrong the coaches seen something in him to start him over Brooks, so at least we know we have a starter in the backfield and not some scrub 

That also could have been a motivational tactic on JB, and if so, it worked. Regardless…our RB stable is in excellent shape presently and going forward.
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

If it is a choice between OSU, KSU, or OU yeah we probably want OSU.

Though Gundy has dominated us for over a decade...

I want K State. We have beaten them 7 times in a row, IIRC. 

OSU gets all the calls against us. OU has won 14 championships. The way to ensure that it isn’t 15 is for them to not be there. Bring on the wildcats. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

OSU gets all the calls against us. OU has won 14 championships. The way to ensure that it isn’t 15 is for them to not be there. Bring on the wildcats. 

Prefer to play OU in Conference Championship game for maximum insult to B12.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Prefer to play OU in Conference Championship game for maximum insult to B12.

That’s what everyone said in 2018. They wanted OU because it would “be more special.” We want OU a long way away from another potential championship. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’d rather have a crack at OSU. They have scoreboard on us.

KSU is a hungry and mature team. It’s tough to beat a team twice in one season. Will Howard also knows how to exploit our secondary.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I'm good with either OU or OSU in the CCG.  OU because of the rematch, and it would be a fitting sendoff to the Big XII to have their two departing members play for the conference title this season.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind playing OSU as a final F U to the Hateful Eight.

The win last night was one of the most satisfying of the season to me.  Iowa State called out our program before the game, and this time, we shoved it right up their asses.  10-1 feels really nice.  Let's finish this season strong.

• Hook 'Em 7

Along with the win and overcoming the Rig 12 attempt to screw us via the Refs agin last night, I’m just glad this was our last game on Fox and  hopefully forever.    It’s like the network got a memo to not hide their hate save when Gus and Joel called our one game against KState a few weeks ago.    Last night they weren’t even hiding it.  From the pre game show,  to Brock and his partner slobbering all over Iowa State during the first half….   That’s without noting the Tim Brando and Spencer stuff against Cougar High.

Good riddance  Fox and  here is to worse ratings covering the Rig 12 games of the week next year featuring Cincy vs Cougar High.    Lmao.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

I’d rather have a crack at OSU. They have scoreboard on us.

KSU is a hungry and mature team. It’s tough to beat a team twice in one season. Will Howard also knows how to exploit our secondary.

I get the hard to beat a team twice in a season.   But that K State game we helped put them in position to score twice with turnovers both deep in our end of the field.      

But yes I want to Okie State to avenge that scoreboard and the Ref screw jobs which of all of them, the two most memorable were against Okie State.    

I’m disappointed in the board. I thought for sure, someone would post a picture of the defensive line standing behind a white leather couch with that poor #54 stirring on it.

I’d rather Texas beat Okie light on the way out. Like someone said scoreboard and revenge tour on last years conference.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I haven't read the tie breakers but...

We haven't played and won't play Oklahoma State, so "we beat all but OU" isn't correct 

In a 4-way tie, we'd be 1-1 (KSU, OU). OU would be 1-1 (TEX, OSU). OSU would be 2-0 (OU, KSU). KSU would be 0-2 (OSU, TEX).

In this scenario, wouldn't OSU get in first, leaving 3 way tie between the rest of us?

It looks like it. Which means Texas has to beat Tech or there may be a possibility they won’t make the Championship game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Why the fuck do any of you want OU in the title?  Why?  Fuck em. Let the last title the see be from theirnfucking living rooms.  This team shits itself at the sight of maroon the better part of the last decade. Our record against them recently isn’t that great. Fuck them in the asshole with a dry cactus and let them watch it from their fucking trailer park tv sets with rabbit ears 

I'm on the same boat. Fuck em. We held up our end of the deal and will get to the title game.  Not our fault they shit the bed.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

We should ALL want Oklahoma State.  For one they are the least talented of the three.  Second, their strength on offense plays right into our hands but mainly...mainly because if we beat Tech and OSU we would have scoreboard on EVERY SINGLE 2024 Big 12 Team (except Cincinnati because we have never played them)

That is an opportunity too good to pass up.

I want Ou. I want Texas to shit all over them. I want the league to see the two teams that are leaving on display in the championship on their way out to give the BIG XII and it’s members a collective we are number one salute. Would love for the Longhorn band to have a special tribute.

Will also reinforce to the sister fucking SEC that they about to meet Daddy.
More than that, I want Texas to beat the highest rated team they can play so the CFP committee has no excuses. Then give me UGA for Bevo to toss 50 yards. Then payback for u of W. All in my back yard. Not too much to ask for?

I would prefer to play OU in the championship game because I think our players will come out pissed off against them more than anyone else.  The players should be fired up against anyone they play but a chance to avenge their only loss of the year would be a little extra motivation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

I was sitting next to Gunnar Helm‘s dad. He said he loves it here.

i love watching Gunnar catch passes and take em into the end zone so this really hits home for me

BURNT ENDS BAYBEEEEE

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Rimbo said:

i love watching Gunnar catch passes and take em into the end zone so this really hits home for me

I like how he was wide open in space on that TD and still got his hands out there in a diamond and didn't let it get into his body for a stupid drop or something like that.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

His dad sat behind me tonight and was very proud of his son’s performance. As were we. All of the parents were cheering like crazy for each other’s kids, it was cool to see. Good team culture extending to the mommas and daddies  

Our fan contingent was great. Talked some good shit, too. 

This him with SaucyJack?

IMG-9933.jpg

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3