Week 12, 2023; Texas Tech at Texas

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Half our fanbase would be nazi collaborators. Nothing to see here they say. 

Godwin's Law proven out effectively on this week's thread quickly on the 4th page. Impressive.

22 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Before the KSU game, I said if Texas controls the KSU run game it will be an easy win.. 30 pts later and a goal line stand in OT, I no longer take that for granted. I still think Texas wins, but they will force me into having 1-2 extra drinks than necessary

If you thought KSU would be an easy win with a backup QB who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn on 50+% of his throws, that's on you. This ain't that, with Texas or Tech, however, so it's a very bizarre comparison.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

I was in the student section for the Kindle demolition of Potts. Honest to god I thought his head rolled off in his helmet. The type of generational hit that Potts' grandchildren, years from now, will still feel a vague, visceral uneasiness overcome them at the sight of burnt orange.

Same! I was right under Godzillatron about halfway up. I felt like I could hear the hit 70 yards away from the play in that loud stadium.

3 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Not that he needs it as it's very obvious where our strengths and weaknesses are on D, but I'm sure he's getting advice from cousin Kendal and his daddy rapey Art. I don't think he has the personnel to make that help relevant, but it is interesting.

It's crazy how incestuous B12/tech coaching is...

Zach Kettley's dad (Wes Kettley) ran track in high school with Art Briles. 

• Zach Kettley is tech's OC
  • Wes Kettley is currently tech track coach 
  • Baby briles coaches for the toads
  • Baby briles BIL Jeff Lebby is blOU OC
  • Art Briles, Sonny Dykes and Dana Holgorsen all coached together at tech
  • Lincoln Riley was also at tech as a player when Art Briles, Holgo, and Sonny Dykes coached there

Before the KSU game, I said if Texas controls the KSU run game it will be an easy win.. 30 pts later and a goal line stand in OT, I no longer take that for granted. I still think Texas wins, but they will force me into having 1-2 extra drinks than necessary

I-2 drinks more?

Insert those are rookie numbers.jpg!
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

It's crazy how incestuous B12/tech coaching is...

Zach Kettley's dad (Wes Kettley) ran track in high school with Art Briles. 

• Zach Kettley is tech's OC
  • Wes Kettley is currently tech track coach 
  • Baby briles coaches for the toads
  • Baby briles BIL Jeff Lebby is blOU OC
  • Art Briles, Sonny Dykes and Dana Holgorsen all coached together at tech
  • Lincoln Riley was also at tech as a player when Art Briles, Holgo, and Sonny Dykes coached there

Idk who these Kettley people are, but what's even crazier is Zach Kittley is the son of legendary ACU and TT national champion track coach Wes Kittley from Rule, TX. Art Briles mother is from Rule, Tx and her maiden name is Kittley

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Godwin's Law proven out effectively on this week's thread quickly on the 4th page. Impressive.

If you thought KSU would be an easy win with a backup QB who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn on 50+% of his throws, that's on you. This ain't that, with Texas or Tech, however, so it's a very bizarre comparison.

Does it really count though if it’s not serious?  Most of Godwins law shit is said earnestly. 

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Part of me thinks this is going to be the game where we put it all together. 

• Clinch a spot in the Big 12 championship
  • Keep CFP hopes alive and a statement game against a common opponent with Oregon
  • Senior Night
  • Last Big 12 regular season game for Texas ever
  • Revenge for 2022 game against Tech and Yormark's remarks earlier in the year
  • Chance to finish regular season 11-1

Texas is going to romp by 3 TDs. 

Id love for this to be Mizzou '09-ish? all over again.  IIRC gameday was in town, top 5 opponent in DKR and it was something like 28-0 at end of Q1.  Would love to see that type game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

26 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Highlighted excerpt below. They're gonna have to watch out for crooked officiating ...

TechIdiot.thumb.jpg.b59d5698b6be4b8fa63b206ab0b4639f.jpg

TTU is one of the worst (probably as bad as us) when it comes to accusing officials of being pawns in a larger conspiracy when calls don't go their way, especially against UT. I don't know that they have a 2015 or 2022 OSU to use as proof, but they are convinced & extremely vocal.

27 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Id love for this to be Mizzou '09-ish? all over again.  IIRC gameday was in town, top 5 opponent in DKR and it was something like 28-0 at end of Q1.  Would love to see that type game. 

Maybe 08? I remember a lot of tightish games in 09 but we skullfucked almost everybody in 08.

Edited by Bevo14
Preempting pedantic dickheads
  • Hook 'Em 2

I hadn't paid attention to them and was expecting them to have a losing conference record. They are 5-3/6-5 and have only one loss with more than one score. No idea how good they are compared to other top half teams.
They aren't on the same level as us as far as athletes on the field, but then again they weren't last year either and Joey managed to do that high school level no punting bullshit and beat us anyway.

9 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It really is amazing.  And it's always thoughful and the like. It's not like the mouth breathers that are like Hurr Durrr Quinn is an UFA if he goes out but he needs to get the fuck out of here b/c he's terrible and MM is awesome variety of paint chip eating motherfucker in our fanbase.  Which, good god I checked the Ewers thread after ISU and it was grim how fucking stupid some of the fanbase is.  But year, exhausting work for sure being that much of a coward.  

You literally post homosexual rape fantasy fiction in the first post of this thread and told our RS Frosh QB to transfer after a win because other turnovers made the game close against K State.

• Fuck You 6

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah but that game wasn't really an indictment of pass defense. Although K-State did torch us late in the game. 

It was all the turnovers by Maalik and the blocked punt which led to short fields for K-State. 

1 turnover before halftime led to no points. His second one went for a TD. He’s responsible as much as Jonathan Brooks.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

4 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

I remember that game fondly.  About 8 or so loudmouth Mizzou fratboys sat around 10 rows away from us. Shouting at the Texas fans all around them saying how badly they were going kick our asses, on and on.  Then the game started.  By middle of the second quarter, half of them left getting taunted as they walked out.  At half time Texas winning 35-3,  two remained looking at each other wondering how things got so bad for them.  They left before the second half began.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Lots of land available on the Imperialism Map this week...

image.thumb.jpeg.1f20851c792b17db27f94e5bb874cf50.jpeg

Tceh is actually in 2nd place for most land claimed, including claiming the territory that UT is in.  We'd gain a lot with a win - not only Austin, but the land for several teams we have beaten this year: Rice, Wyoming, Kansas, BYU, and Alabama.  Let's get back what's rightfully ours!

image.thumb.png.99b2dc5f215921ab07f0547a796a39a4.png

Currently we are tied for 20th place, with every other school that has no land claimed.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

Tceh is actually in 2nd place for most land claimed, including claiming the territory that UT is in.  We'd gain a lot with a win - not only Austin, but the land for several teams we have beaten this year: Rice, Wyoming, Kansas, BYU, and Alabama.  Let's get back what's rightfully ours!

Currently we are tied for 20th place, with every other school that has no land claimed.

No offense to you for bringing it but this seems pretty stupid.  If the intent is to show domination by winning teams, anything that has ncstate and tech listed prominently but little of the majority of the title contenders badly misses the mark.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

You literally post homosexual rape fantasy fiction in the first post of this thread and told our RS Frosh QB to transfer after a win because other turnovers made the game close against K State.

11 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

1 turnover before halftime led to no points. His second one went for a TD. He’s responsible as much as Jonathan Brooks.

10 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

English

8 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Can someone walk me to my Uber?IMG_0174.thumb.png.8c5514fade27b9120a8aa9fc3be741f3.png

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, WBT said:

Almost like every fanbase thinks that the refs are out to get them.  Makes you think.

Except for the stats where it shows Texas is the most penalized team while also having the most talent. It makes sense because when you’re bigger, stronger and faster you have to hold, grab, and push more often in a dirty way to win. 
tyler labine wait a minute GIF by HULU

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

I remember playing Risk.

If we can just gain a foothold in Kamchatka, we shall emerge victorious.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Shocked there are this many that don't know what that map is at this point - it's been around for a long ass time.

And if you can't have a little fun with that map, you might be taking yourself too seriously these days. 

This.  It's fun to watch it progress during the season. 

Tech had picked up a huge chunk of territory from Kansas, who won it from OU, who won it from us, after we won it from Wyoming.  After we beat Wyoming, we were #2 in total land, behind UW, because they hold Alaska. 

Texas has a chance to pick up a massive amount of land if we win on Friday. 

• Hook 'Em 4

This.  It's fun to watch it progress during the season. 
Tech had picked up a huge chunk of territory from Kansas, who won it from OU, who won it from us, after we won it from Wyoming.  After we beat Wyoming, we were #2 in total land, behind UW, because they hold Alaska. 
Texas has a chance to pick up a massive amount of land if we win on Friday. 

If we’ve won five games in a row and still have no territory on the map it seems kinda dumb to me, but to each their own

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic