T'Vondre Sweat Appreciation Thread

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

On the other hand, if you can afford enough drinks to get trashed (especially if you are 360lbs) you can afford a damn Uber.

This is my point exactly. I was responding to the post saying 40-50% driving while drunk cuz they couldn’t afford or transportation too inconvenient 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

Lol. Are you serious? I was taken aback by immamac’s number of 40-50%, but 100%?

I’ve represented hundreds of DWI defendants. NOT ONE has ever told me that they decided to drive, knowing that they were impaired, because they couldn’t figure out another way to get home. Not one.

Virtually all of them either just chose poorly or, as is often the case, did not realize that they were LEGALLY impaired.

1. Very cool that you are a lawyer. That is impressive.

2.Just my wishful thinking. In an ideal world, 100% of of people who are impaired would find a way to get alternative transportation to get home, but sadly, we have a lot of really stupid and selfish people in this world.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dittohead said:

I am afraid there might be more to this story.  Evidently, he was in the hospital late Saturday night/into Sunday, hence the odd booking time and timing of the arrest.  More to come, but that is what the birds are chirping.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if Sweat didn’t want or leave his whip overnight? Also Uber fucking sucks lately. 

What an idiot! He should have taken an Uber is just a lazy reaction. I’m sue there’s more to the story. 

Regardless, Sweat should have been in Arizona or Florida training. OTA’s start in June. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Oh, thanks heavens it happened at 4:41 am. Whew! I thought it was at 5:40 am. That would have looked much worse. Now his draft stock won't be affected at all!  

Edited by TreatyOak

Babers said TSweat likely drops from early 2nd Rd pick to a late 2nd Rd.  Still more info to come out, but TSweat may be fortunate to still get drafted in Day 2.  

Just a stupid, stupid, stupid mistake.  😒

I’m shocked anybody is shocked.  College kids generally make stupid decisions.  And I doubt he drops a single spot or loses a dollar over this.  NFL owners taking a hard line on DWI/DUI? Sure, Jan.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Babers said TSweat likely drops from early 2nd Rd pick to a late 2nd Rd.  Still more info to come out, but TSweat may be fortunate to still get drafted in Day 2.  

Just a stupid, stupid, stupid choice.  😒

Fify

19 minutes ago, Hpara759 said:

23 in July

A kid?

Semantics.  23 year olds are  generally immature and make stupid decisions, just like kids.  How’s that?   The point is we see these stories every year and always will.  I’ll be shocked the year a high draft pick doesn’t do something stupid that could jeopardize their future.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, scottsins said:

What % of DWI’s do you think are the result of the offender not being able to find/afford alternative transportation?

Obviously not a problem for him, but $20 Uber >>>> $15,000 DWI. 

15 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I’m shocked anybody is shocked.  College kids generally make stupid decisions.  And I doubt he drops a single spot or loses a dollar over this.  NFL owners taking a hard line on DWI/DUI? Sure, Jan.

He’s not going to lose a dollar over this? No court costs, fines, and he’s getting a free attorney? Lucky.

Posted (edited)

In T'Vondre's case it would have been a run, but you can't hide situation. 

So the other guy was drunk and ran, and the big man stayed put knowing that he just really fucked himself.  Sort of like every other person in his situation.  But as has been said repeatedly, pay for a fucking uber!  I can also (probably) safely say that most folks here have driven under the influence.  But the problem is when you are drunk and somebody hits you!  Doesn't matter if it was not your fault, you are going to get a hard look from the police anytime after midnight. and a super hard look when it's 4 in the morning.

To be honest there is almost no reason do be out at 4:41 am...  if you don't have fishing gear on you.  

Edited by horn4life

We need to create a Surly version of Uber exclusively for Texas Athletes. Instead of using NIL money to pay for app development and drivers, just work with the university to create a course for academic credit and get all the work and ongoing app maintenance for free from students. 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That's the incident report....of the overall of the incident. 

The tweet above that post explains the situation. 

Right. You made it sound like anyone reading the reoort to say that Sweat fled the scene has a reading comprehension problem. My point is that the report is not clear. The only name listed is Sweat. Beside offenses, it states DWI and leaving the scene. A reasonable inference is that Sweat was charged with both. I take your point at the inference may be incorrect, but it is not a crazy way to read the report.

18 minutes ago, MrBig said:

We need to create a Surly version of Uber exclusively for Texas Athletes. Instead of using NIL money to pay for app development and drivers, just work with the university to create a course for academic credit and get all the work and ongoing app maintenance for free from students. 

A lot of of Surly mofos are probably more drunk than the drunk student-atheletes that need a ride.

Or asleep.

Or both.

Someone sober will be slim pickens.

5 hours ago, Hornlover said:

I hope that my kid taking the 3rd grade STAAR test today knows that 20 is not greater than 15000 . 

Pretend it’s an alligator eating the smaller value. That’s how I do it

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Davis Lane said:

A lot of of Surly mofos are probably more drunk than the drunk student-atheletes that need a ride.

Or asleep.

Or both.

Someone sober will be slim pickens.

I wouldn't bet on that. 

s-l500.jpg