Game Week 13, 2023: Texas v OSU championship edition

Wulaw Horn

22 hours ago, Homercles said:

We were picked to finish anywhere between 5th and 9th.  

Thing is that is about where Oklahoma State finished. 

T-2nd. If Daniels is healthy for Kansas that's probably a L, a play or 2 away from a L against OU, a play or 2 away from a L against BYU, etc. We're talking 2 or 3 plays from Oklahoma State finishing T-7th or T-8th in the Big 12. 

That was the game that he was clearly hurt and wearing the glove?
Yes, and after the season we learned he fucked up a finger on his throwing hand the day before the game. I wouldn't blame only that for the loss, our defense couldn't get a stop that day.

Nevermind, I found the post-game win expectancy for Oklahoma State. 

30.2% win-expectancy vs Iowa State

38.% win-expectancy vs OU

56.8% win-expectancy vs KU 

1% win-expectancy vs UCF

1% win-expectancy vs South Alabama. 

Only surprised by the BYU game. A 95% win expectancy for Oklahoma State?  They were dominated in their 3 losses and probably should have 4 or 5 losses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Thing is that is about where Oklahoma State finished. 

T-2nd. If Daniels is healthy for Kansas that's probably a L, a play or 2 away from a L against OU, a play or 2 away from a L against BYU, etc. We're talking 2 or 3 plays from Oklahoma State finishing T-7th or T-8th in the Big 12. 

Well yeah?  If it weren’t for a 49 yard FG against TCU maybe it goes to OT or KSU doesn’t FAFO…y’all aren’t in the playoff discussion.  That’s football.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Well yeah?  If it weren’t for a 49 yard FG against TCU maybe it goes to OT or KSU doesn’t FAFO…y’all aren’t in the playoff discussion.  That’s football.  

Possibly but the only games Texas has dropped below about the 65% win-expectancy threshold this year are against OU and TCU. 

Contrary to popular belief, Texas has actually been dominating teams. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Here's more data on post-game win expectancies. This is even more than what I expected compared to SP+. 

Somebody show this to the committee. Florida State and Washington shouldn't be in the playoffs and will get their ass kicked.

• Hook 'Em 2

We're playing with house money. This is a 2-10 team that bumblefucked (aka Gundied) its way to a 9-3 season.
If we play loose with a nothing to lose attitude and Texas plays tight...this can be interesting.
Nope, this is a decent team who Gundied their way to 3 losses, but also Gundied their way to 9 wins and a deserved spot in the CCG. Anyone who expects the Pokes to be sand aggy 2.0 are misguided at best. No way we should lose to this team, but in spite of this past Friday we've made winning look far too hard this season in many games.
  • Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I really like this crew. Is Molly McGrath the hottest sideline reporter in CFB? I'd take her over Katie George and Taft, and they're both good looking. Who else could compete? I know @SydneyCarton was telling me the other day that he found Kris Budden's fivehead pretty sexy, but I don't get that one.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I really like this crew. Is Molly McGrath the hottest sideline reporter in CFB? I'd take her over Katie George and Taft, and they're both good looking. Who else could compete? I know @SydneyCarton was telling me the other day that he found Kris Budden's fivehead pretty sexy, but I don't get that one.

That's weird...I took @SydneyCarton as more of a Holly Rowe guy.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Greg McElroy has been pretty vocal about Texas remaining over Alabama if they both win on Saturday, no? 

If so, I like that.  Let him keep talking about it for 4 hours on Saturday morning to the whole country.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

55 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

That's weird...I took @SydneyCarton as more of a Holly Rowe guy.

I figured he's more of a Beth Mowins guy.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Greg McElroy has been pretty vocal about Texas remaining over Alabama if they both win on Saturday, no? 

If so, I like that.  Let him keep talking about it for 4 hours on Saturday morning to the whole country.

Just don't let them make you follow a network script, Greg. We know you're reading this...

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

This.  McElroy has been trying to argue logic over the idiots, even as it relates to Oregon.  We need to win but it would be nice if we could roll.

• Drool 1

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

This.  McElroy has been trying to argue logic over the idiots, even as it relates to Oregon.  We need to win but it would be nice if we could roll.

Wasnt a fan of the 11AM kick time but the committee watches the championship week games all together. Thats the only game of importance on at that time.  B10 and ACC will be sharing TV time. Maybe Greg can talk some sense to those buffoons when Texas is up 30+ in the 4th Q

3 hours ago, ousux said:

Anyone who expects the Pokes to be sand aggy 2.0 are misguided at best. No way we should lose to this team, but in spite of this past Friday we've made winning look far too hard this season in many games.

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Vegas (and the betting public - as evidenced by a 3.0 point shift already) likes us a point less on Saturday than they did against Tech. At home. 

osu is about to get their shit fucking fucked up.

You know what the spread was in '05 against CU?

Texas -15.5

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Maybe the Undertaker can put Yormark in a coffin and push it off the Loge level. Or better yet, stuff him into an urn.

Texas wins, confetti comes down, everyone is cheering, then all the lights go out and the gong hits. Crowd goes nuts and Taker comes out to deliver a Tombstone to Yormark on the 50 yard line. 

Edited by Duane Moore
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

14 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Wasnt a fan of the 11AM kick time but the committee watches the championship week games all together. Thats the only game of importance on at that time.  B10 and ACC will be sharing TV time. Maybe Greg can talk some sense to those buffoons when Texas is up 30+ in the 4th Q

I love that start time. It might be a distraction for the team to already know if FSU won. We can focus on our game and worry about the other games that impact us afterwards.

I remember what happened in 2001, when the games went our way earlier in the day and that seemed to distract the team and they didn't get their shit together until Colorado was way ahead.

200.gif
Vegas (and the betting public - as evidenced by a 3.0 point shift already) likes us a point less on Saturday than they did against Tech. At home. 
Texas -15.5
Even if the Pokes talent level is roughly the same as sand aggy, the Gundy factor can make the difference. Last week we faced a high school coach in his second season vs this week one of the longest tenured college coaches, (managed to beat big bro this season, same team that beat us) and has had recent success against Texas with a similar talent deficit. Vegas knows things, but they arent infallible.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

I love that start time. It might be a distraction for the team to already know if FSU won. We can focus on our game and worry about the other games that impact us afterwards.

I remember what happened in 2001, when the games went our way earlier in the day and that seemed to distract the team and they didn't get their shit together until Colorado was way ahead.

I believe the Tenn/Fla game went final right before kickoff. 

too soon

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean....

I get it.  OSU was picked 7th and are in the champ game.  Texas was picked first and finished 1st and in the champ game.

Sark met expectations. Gundy blew them away.

STFU with this bullshit. Sark was the coach of the year plain and simple. Gundy got waxed by UCF & beat by a bad ISU team. The premise of a coach who has been at his school for almost 20 years winning COTY because his team was supposed to suck but didn't is stupid. 

Edited by hook me
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean....

I get it.  OSU was picked 7th and are in the champ game.  Texas was picked first and finished 1st and in the champ game.

Sark met expectations. Gundy blew them away.

eh, there is no juice for the Big 12 in having a head coach as the COY recruiting in another conference.

4 minutes ago, hook me said:

STFU with this bullshit. Sark was the coach of the year plain and simple. Gundy got waxed by UCF & beat by a bad ISU team. The premise of a coach who has been at his school for almost 20 years winning COTY because his team was supposed to suck but didn't is stupid. 

You need to chill out today. 

5 minutes ago, ousux said:
25 minutes ago, ztejas said:
200.gif
Texas -15.5

Even if the Pokes talent level is roughly the same as sand aggy, the Gundy factor can make the difference. Last week we faced a high school coach in his second season vs this week one of the longest tenured college coaches, (managed to beat big bro this season, same team that beat us) and has had recent success against Texas with a similar talent deficit. Vegas knows things, but they arent infallible.

Vegas is betting on our ability to shut down the run.  if we do it will be ugly, if we don't will probably be a nail-biter.

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yes, certainly a change at a crucial position had nothing to do with it.

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You need to chill out today. 

I'm plenty chill & thankful for the bulletin board material for the championship game - if there was need for any. That doesn't change the fact that Gundy getting it because they beat OU is idiotic & defending that selection by saying "well we're supposed to be good and they weren't" is a terrible take. 

• Pancho locked this topic