2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

23 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

https://x.com/jedsparty/status/1745273898172657934?s=20

edit: Not sure why the tweet isn't displaying and the video is basically crashing because so many people are trying to watch it so I'll just say it~

Eugene, Oregon local news reporting on air that Lanning is already in Tuscaloosa having meetings with Bama. 

It's an x.com instead of twitter.com and those don't post real well

• Hook 'Em 2

https://x.com/jedsparty/status/1745273898172657934?s=20

edit: Not sure why the tweet isn't displaying and the video is basically crashing because so many people are trying to watch it so I'll just say it~
Eugene, Oregon local news reporting on air that Lanning is already in Tuscaloosa having meetings with Bama. 

Fake news. I was told that a&m was the best job in the country and Lanning said no to them, no way he takes the job at Bama.

Oregon's recruiting will almost certainly take a hit whenever Phil Knight (85) decides to go. They'll still do well because of the brand they've built, but it'll be tougher. As for Lanning, he had a talent advantage over probably every team they played the last 2 years, besides UGA who beat them 49-3. Maybe he dominates at Bama for 20+ years.. or he could totally flame out. Much more likely the latter imo.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, MrBig said:

What the hell is this supposed to mean? Randall Joyner reposted this on Twitter.

Bo thinks PK and Texas suck.  Bo Davis, Bo Jackson, Bo Nix, anyone named Bo knows that. - Satya

Drew Kelson made a good argument for both Okam and Rod Wright on the IT live stream. He admitted he was biased but apparently they both have turned into pretty damn good DL coaches. Coached all conference players, got lightly recruited players drafted, set team sacks and TFL records etc.

Made me feel better about both of them if they're the choice although I doubt they will be . 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Drew Kelson made a good argument for both Okam and Rod Wright on the IT live stream. He admitted he was biased but apparently they both have turned into pretty damn good DL coaches. Coached all conference players, got lightly recruited players drafted, set team sacks and TFL records etc.

Made me feel better about both of them if they're the choice although I doubt they will be . 

Can they teach zone D for the D backs? Cause their Longhorn brethren can't seem to.

8 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Alabama's a great job but more like a top 10-15 job than a top 5 job. For Sark specifically, he just bought a ton of good will here and stringing together some 9+ win seasons with a couple CFP berths over the next five years will keep his seat from getting seriously hot. At Alabama that would get him fired as the guy after Saban. Assuming Texas is willing to commit to a hefty raise, I really do not see the upside of the Alabama job in his shoes. Maybe that's just burnt orange tinted glasses.

30 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I think the first call should to be Freddie Roach, Alabama's DL coach since 2020. He may turn you down as an Alabama alum but you have to make the call. Maybe it's Lanning at Bama and he wants to bring Tosh Lupoi and Tony Tuioti (who also has a tangential connection to Sark through working under Justin Wilcox at Cal for a couple years), at which point Texas is a really attractive landing spot for Roach.

Beyond that, obviously Tosh Lupoi is a potential candidate if he ends up looking for a job in the wake of the Saban retirement. I could see also see Tuioti being a candidate if Lanning goes to Bama and does retain Roach. Sark likes his west coast guys, and he also has a couple years of NFL experience and was Harbaugh's player personnel guy at Michigan for a year.

That said, I think Okam or Wright would be serviceable at a minimum and it is always cool to have an alum on staff. Just not sure they are more than fall back candidates.

42 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Didn't Wasserman write like two years ago that A&M was a better job than Texas?

Wasserman dick rides whoever is a top 5 program, it’s literally his whole shtick. Two years ago A&M as at the peak of their fake it till you make and Texas was at our lowest point, so that’s why Wasserman wrote that article. The board gets extremely Texags about Wasserman being some A&M plant because of his wife. When in reality the dude is just a massive bandwagonner, he was the only one at the Athletic to jump on the Texas bandwagon this year when everyone else as national writers just kept saying seven win Sark and underperforming Texas.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Not a Sock said:

Wasserman dick rides whoever is a top 5 program, it’s literally his whole shtick. Two years ago A&M as at the peak of their fake it till you make and Texas was at our lowest point, so that’s why Wasserman wrote that article. The board gets extremely Texags about Wasserman being some A&M plant because his wife. When in reality the dude is just a massive bandwagonner, he was the only one at the Athletic to jump on the Texas bandwagon this year when everyone else as national writers just kept saying seven win Sark and underperforming Texas.

Idk, I used to listen to him and yeah he's a bandwagon honk, but I also think he just doesn't know anything about anything. He's like if EJ Holland was dumber. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Idk, I used to listen to him and yeah he's a bandwagon honk, but I also think he just doesn't know anything about anything. He's like if EJ Holland was dumber. 

If the 247 message boards had a collective hive mind it would be Ari Wasserman is the best description I can come up with.

17 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Even more interesting is Kirby Smart's name floating for the Falcon's job.

Portal is open now, and expires 30 days from today. It's open season on their roster.

If Smart takes the Falcon job and gets 4 1st round picks and 4 2nd round picks every year he is going to wreck shop!

• Haha 4