ACC Championship - #14 Louisville vs #4 FSU - 7pm on ABC

Fud

There's chatter that FSU 2nd string QB Tater Tot Rodemaker might be in concussion protocol- in the open media portion of Wednesday's practice he only participated in one-on-one drills and true freshman Brock Glenn QB'd the team stuff- and the gambling line has dropped from an open of -4 to -1.5. That line drop doesn't necessarily mean that Rodemaker is out, but the sharp money is heavily investing in Louisville. 

42 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Rodemaker was concussed on that hit, 100%.  His head whipped back and hit the ground with sickening amount of force, and his eyes looked like he had just left his body and was seeing the pearly gates.  I am disgusted that he went back in that game. 

I commented during the game that was the hardest hit I've seen all season. I was astounded he went back in the game. 

• Rage+1 1

53 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Rodemaker was concussed on that hit, 100%.  His head whipped back and hit the ground with sickening amount of force, and his eyes looked like he had just left his body and was seeing the pearly gates.  I am disgusted that he went back in that game. 

Yeah I was surprised when he came back in...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I commented during the game that was the hardest hit I've seen all season. I was astounded he went back in the game. 

yea this was similar what kiffin did with dart. 

i don't remember which was which, but one of them was clearly passed out and the other you could see the whites of their eyes on tv

both going back in so quickly was insane 

i seriously doubt either remember the ends of their games 

Edited by BigHornedLurker

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
3 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:
Brock Glenn legendary 400 yard passing game incoming…

And a shit ton of favorable calls incoming to benefit FSU. ACC wants them in the playoffs.

Yeah, Big 10 and ACC are going to try to get a team in the playoffs.  Big 12 would love to keep theirs out.  

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Here's the hit in case anyone didn't see it.

He got laid the fuck out. 

Damn. Definitely looks bad live but slowmo you see he missed being put in a coma by about 3 milliseconds.

Also I've never seen sideline staff rush out that frenzied to check on a guy that went back into the game.

• Like 1

I personally believe that, if the qb passes the line of scrimmage becoming a runner and no longer a passer, he(she) should sack the fuck up and fight.  "I'm going to run until I realize these big angry football players are on my ass and then I can just call quitsies..." is no way to run a sport like football.  You get stuff like this - defender has to recognize a surrendering player and change his strategy, at full speed, in about .6 seconds.  

I understand what the rule is, and why, but I'm just saying that the bullshit surrender/targeting policies caused this concussion.  QB can pass, can run, or whatever, but if he decides to run he gonna get tackled and likely by someone that makes tackles hurt.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

i'm surprised those gators didn't knock each other out... reminded me of the collision a couple of Longhorns had in the endzone that one game...

was it the SA B12 CCG with Nebraska? 🤔 my memory has blocked it lol...whatever it was, our guys both ended up laid out on the field while the receiver scored.

The play shown doesn't fall under my gripe about it, but I'm really pretty sick of targeting calls resulting from runners ducking their heads and colliding with a tackler who would have hit them chest high if they hadn't put their heads down there. I want to see the O players penalized and ejected, at least occasionally...

That hit wasnt that bad, he slid under it and probably 90% of the collision force went to the gator players hitting each other. The back of his head hit the turf though and that’s what put him out. 

And its hilarious that anyone thinks FSU loses this game even with a 3rd stringer. They’ll run all day and the refs aren’t about to let an ACC team miss the playoffs.

Edited by Helobious

3 hours ago, CoTex said:

I personally believe that, if the qb passes the line of scrimmage becoming a runner and no longer a passer, he(she) should sack the fuck up and fight.  "I'm going to run until I realize these big angry football players are on my ass and then I can just call quitsies..." is no way to run a sport like football.  You get stuff like this - defender has to recognize a surrendering player and change his strategy, at full speed, in about .6 seconds.  

I understand what the rule is, and why, but I'm just saying that the bullshit surrender/targeting policies caused this concussion.  QB can pass, can run, or whatever, but if he decides to run he gonna get tackled and likely by someone that makes tackles hurt.  

More frequent occurrences of severe head trauma and traumatic injuries would do absolute wonders for the sport of college football. Great point.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i'm surprised those gators didn't knock each other out... reminded me of the collision a couple of Longhorns had in the endzone that one game...

was it the SA B12 CCG with Nebraska? 🤔 my memory has blocked it lol...whatever it was, our guys both ended up laid out on the field while the receiver scored.

Not sure if you're thinking about this one, but Leinart's TD to Dwayne Jarrett at the 14:00 mark is similar.  Two defenders were left on the ground and took a long time to get up, and it brought the score to 38-26 with about 6:30 remaining in the 4th.  Keep watching if you want to find out how the game ended.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, CoTex said:

Dude, you had two Florida players lower and then lead with their helmets in order to get a better angle on him because he was clearly sliding. Either that, or they lowered their helmets to spear him. Either way, that was some dirty and stupid football. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Not sure if you're thinking about this one, but Leinart's TD to Dwayne Jarrett at the 14:00 mark is similar.  Two defenders were left on the ground and took a long time to get up, and it brought the score to 38-26 with about 6:30 remaining in the 4th.  Keep watching if you want to find out how the game ended.

Yeah, I think Brown broke his arm on that play. Michael Griffin was pure chaos on the back end(in the best way). He was constantly hurting opponents, teammates, or himself

17 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

The play shown doesn't fall under my gripe about it, but I'm really pretty sick of targeting calls resulting from runners ducking their heads and colliding with a tackler who would have hit them chest high if they hadn't put their heads down there. I want to see the O players penalized and ejected, at least occasionally...

Yeah, the targeting call on Derek Wiliiams or Jerrin Thompson(?) that was overturned falls into this category.  The WR was the one leading with his crown.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho changed the title to ACC Championship - #14 Louisville vs #4 FSU - 7pm on ABC