Florida State can fuck off

BigOrange1

1 minute ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

It's kind of splitting hairs. Not sure Iowa and Penn State are 10 win teams in other conferences. I think Ohio State probably beats FSU. No way any other team on that schedule does. It's also ridiculous that Michigan didn't schedule a single P5 opponent out of conference. At least FSU tried to make up for their shitty conference schedule.

Penn State probably wins 10 in the ACC.

I'm all for leaving both Michigan and FSU out.

Michigan for the shitty schedule, oh, and the cheating. FSU for the shitty schedule and because they lost their best player.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Michigan obliterated most of their opponents though. Not sure they ever trailed by more than 3, which was about twice in Q1.

That’s a pretty poor schedule, but they beat more 10 win teams than FSU did. They beat as many .500.

Yeah, it's kind of like one of those good seasons Boise State put together, where they would go on the road and beat Oregon week 1 and then destroy a bunch of hapless Mountain West schools, with the occasional showdown against Utah or TCU.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Yeah, it's kind of like one of those good seasons Boise State put together, where they would go on the road and beat Oregon week 1 and then destroy a bunch of hapless Mountain West schools, with the occasional showdown against Utah or TCU.

I'm hoping that the expanded playoff encourages teams to schedule better.

I know even though our schedules have always been among the toughest in the country, I've still enjoyed that we've started adding more P5 OOC opponents. It sells tickets.

Yep. The Big 12 may not always be great but over the course of the season many of the teams improve and will fight back. Decent to good QB and good coaching matter too.

45 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Or beating OU in the Fiesta Bowl running a well-executed SOL play for the 2-point conversion.

That.  Was.  Satisfying.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Drool 2

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Putting other teams/conferences aside, if FSU had dropped 50 points on Louisville, I think FSU is in.

Definitely, but they wouldn't even have needed that many. They only had to look serviceable on O, but they bombed against a Louisville D that every other playoff contender would annihilate.

Louisville gives up 307 total yards per game, FSU had 219. Louisville gives up 205 yards passing, 55 yards is hilariously inept.

Even well below average QB play, instead of historically awful, combined with 28-35 points and they would have been in. Regardless of what the committee wanted to do, the heat would have been too high. 

FSU made it very easy for the committee to leave them out with their shitty performances against Florida and Louisville. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Deej said:

That reminds me...I still need to send him a thank-you fruit basket with a note that says "Get Fucked!"

I think he's a fucking good coach. Might be the best in the remains of the Big 12.

If the play worked he'd have been hailed as a genius with big balls. I don't agree with it, but I understand and respect it.

5 minutes ago, John80 said:

Michigan is the only contender that didn't play a non-conference game against a P5 team so they should be out.     

I agree they should not be #1 but they did blow everyone out, except Ohio State. And yeah whatever happens, any wins they have will be vacated. Unfortunately the gears of due process are too slow to be of any help for FSU. Mercifully for us fans, because the ACC championship game was a beating.

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

The whole point of a playoff is that to be the best you gotta beat the best. FSU did not schedule the best teams. I know LSU was supposed to be a good team scheduled, and I'll give them credit for that, but in retrospect LSU was not great.

It's just inconsistent to put Michigan in and leave FSU out. Either go Alabama/Georgia or Michigan/FSU.

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That was great but that hook and lateral play earlier was drawn up and executed with perfection.

I have never seen anyone run it that well.

I need to go back and watch that one.  Youtube has a good 7 minute highlight reel of the game.

2 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

It's just inconsistent to put Michigan in and leave FSU out. Either go Alabama/Georgia or Michigan/FSU.

I agree but they have to bring up the "eye test" anytime logic comes into the mix.   

And the potential rematch of UT/Bama should have been avoided.   Bama had their shot got outplayed, no redo's

24 minutes ago, Doze said:

I agree but they have to bring up the "eye test" anytime logic comes into the mix.   

And the potential rematch of UT/Bama should have been avoided.   Bama had their shot got outplayed, no redo's

I'm not opposed to rematches. They happen all the time in march madness.

3 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Disagree. Michigan buried nearly every team they played, and the team is intact. That’s how you insure you get in with a middling schedule. 

6 hours ago, chainsaw said:

The whole point of a playoff is that to be the best you gotta beat the best. FSU did not schedule the best teams. I know LSU was supposed to be a good team scheduled, and I'll give them credit for that, but in retrospect LSU was not great.

They played LSU and Florida.  Name a team that played two bigger helmet schools OOC.

You can't know who's going to have a down year when scheduling years in advance.

Also ironic when LSU is Bama's 2nd best win and FSU had bigger margins in points and total yards.

Edited by WBT

6 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I agree, but FSU did have normally good teams scheduled when they made the schedule.  I know a couple of these are conference teams, but these have historically been good teams that had a meh year this year (and you mentioned LSU):

LSU, Clemson, VA Tech, Miami, Florida.  That schedule wasn't totally their fault, although staying in the ACC and torpedoing the 12 team playoff for another year was their fault.  I'm not saying they should've been in the CFP but they did schedule a couple good teams outside of what ACC gave them.  Their idea of staying in the ACC for the easier path bit them in the ass this year - one year too early.

On the plus side, teams will probably start scheduling better OOC games now.

They played LSU and Florida.  Name a team that played two bigger helmet schools OOC.
You can't know who's going to have a down year when scheduling years in advance.
Also ironic when LSU is Bama's 2nd best win and FSU had bigger margins in points and total yards.

Not all conferences play 4 non-conference games so those that do are more likely to schedule 2 decent opponents.

In the last 11 years, I believe UF has had a losing record in 5 seasons. Steve Spurrier and Urban are not there.

LSU is Bamas 3rd best win. Ole Miss beat LSU and played Ga Tech, Tulane and Georgia and had a better overall record than LSU.

So Bama played Georgia, Texas and Ole Miss in addition to LSU. FSUs best opponent was Bamas 4th best.

23 minutes ago, WBT said:

Off the top of my head, I would say Tulsa, Memphis, Nevada

15 minutes ago, dec3169 said:

I agree, but FSU did have normally good teams scheduled when they made the schedule.  I know a couple of these are conference teams, but these have historically been good teams that had a meh year this year (and you mentioned LSU):

LSU, Clemson, VA Tech, Miami, Florida.  That schedule wasn't totally their fault, although staying in the ACC and torpedoing the 12 team playoff for another year was their fault.  I'm not saying they should've been in the CFP but they did schedule a couple good teams outside of what ACC gave them.  Their idea of staying in the ACC for the easier path bit them in the ass this year - one year too early.

On the plus side, teams will probably start scheduling better OOC games now.

I agree the schedule wasn't totally their fault. I just think they didn't do a whole lot of blowing people out, unlike Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, chainsaw said:

FSU would have lost to Ohio State, Michigan, and maybe Penn State. Could even have lost to Maryland.

Michigan, yes. The rest no way. The FSU defense was really fucking good and the offense with Travis was better than any of those other teams offenses.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Michigan, yes. The rest no way. The FSU defense was really fucking good and the offense with Travis was better than any of those other teams offenses.

Maybe I'm overrating Ohio State, but I think Harrison would torch a secondary that allowed 305 yards from Boston College.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Maybe I'm overrating Ohio State, but I think Harrison would torch a secondary that allowed 305 yards from Boston College.

Watching the game or considering other elements in the box score might give some better context. BC's dual threat QB was on fire that day and he was giving the FSU defense fits. That shit can happen to any good defense if a dual threat guy gets hot or is elite. Kyle McCord wasn't going to do any of that shit. Ohio State's offense was trash against good defenses and FSU would have fared as well against that offense as anyone on their schedule.

I think Danny Kanell is a wanker but his daughters sound awesome.

That 50YO, 30 years older than most of the kids on FSU, needs a fucking life, job, hobby. He’s looked so pathetic the last 4 days. FSU winning or not winning(likely) their 4th national title in football should have no bearing on his life a day or 2 after the game

His daughters look more manly than he does. Of course he’d take it to social media and ask for more attention.

Loser

On 12/5/2023 at 7:29 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Danny Kanell, who’s 50, sarcastically saying on Twitter since Trevor Lawrence left game with ankle injury that Jacksonville should be disqualified from playoffs

This guy is going to pout for months. Especially since we all knew they’d get destroyed

For those couple seasons that Kannell duped the Giants into starting him, him being out with injury would have swung the odds in the Giants favor.  51.4/ 31 td/ 34 int

WOOF