2024 Celebrity Death Pool

Wally Fairway

Is it a little early, yes it is - but it is December and come the last week of the month we are going to be distracted with football.

So start working on your picks bitches - gotta be some sorta Celebrity (like having a wiki page, though that isn't the only reference material).
Points are awarded, though rarely tallied, based on 100 minus age at date of death
Must have at least on person under the age of 40, to qualify for the grand prize

Contest entries close at Midnight 12/31/2023 - if you pick early, and someone dies before 1/1/2024, then you get to make a replacement pick

I was going to split my picks between Bershire board of directors and former presidents - but Charlie Munger already passed so I am rethinking this one

Good luck - I rarely get even one right, so you could pay me to pick someone you don't want to die

1.  Bernie Marcus - 94, Home Depot Co Founder

2.  Arthur Blank - 81, Falcons Owner, Home Depot Co Founder

3.  Matt Riddle - 37, Obligatory Wrestler

4.  Britney Spears - 42

5.  Kelly Clarkson - 41 Will be face of Ozempic overuse

6.  Nicolas Maduro - 61 President Venezuela

7.  Mitch McConnell - 81

8.  Warren Buffett - 93 gunned down in a gas station stick up gone awry 

9. Flavor Flav - 64

10.  Jon Voight - 84

Why is Selena Gomez on the list?  Is something wrong with her?  I don't follow her personal life but I love her on "Only Murders in the Building..."  Rudy G. is a great pick.  I assume we submit the usual 10 slots?  I must consult my actuarial experts at Woodmen of the World Insurance.  A Woodsman Leads the Way!!!

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Why is Selena Gomez on the list?  Is something wrong with her?  I don't follow her personal life but I love her on "Only Murders in the Building..."  Rudy G. is a great pick.  I assume we submit the usual 10 slots?  I must consult my actuarial experts at Woodmen of the World Insurance.  A Woodsman Leads the Way!!!

She had a liver or kidney transplant a few years ago, required due to complications from lupus, and I think she was purportedly having complications.

I saved her life, but putting her on my list.

Edited by Wally Fairway
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm gonna use my list from last year and maybe change one or two. Manufacturing runs instead of trying to hit bombs:

1. Gene Hackman

2. Pope Ben 16

3. Clint Eastwood

4. Willie Nelson

5. Mel Brooks

6. Dick Van Dyke

7. Gene Shalit

8. Willie Mays

9. Jimmy Carter

10. Demi Lovato

Well then who have many of my fellow Americans been blowing the last several months?  

I honest to God thought Gene Hackman had died already.  I don't know why.  The simulation, cruel as it is, will probably take him on 20 February to mark the 20th anniversary of "Welcome to Mooseport", his final film.  What an unbelievable body of work.  So great at comedy, drama, thrillers, everything.  Hope he lives long enough to put out another book, but won't blame him if he can't.  

Also, put me down for a sawbuck on Gene Shalit, Alan Greenspan, and Pat Boone

• Hook 'Em 1

Yoko is 90? And I'm older than Bam?  What the fuck is going on in this simulation?  

Sadly, Bruce way me on his way out.  Bummer.  

noCR, but if Trump goes...i'm 72 hours behind.  

csb/ i was watching a Columbo rerun the other night with Dick Van Dyke.  I gotta give him credit.  He looks roughly the same now as he did 40 years ago.  Godspeed.  

On 12/4/2023 at 10:15 PM, Snake Diggity said:

Celebrities over 90: Clint Eastwood, Dick Van Dyke, Mel Brooks, Jimmy Carter, James Earl Jones, Gene Hackman, Norman Lear, David Attenborough, William Shatner

Half those fools will prolly bite it in 2024.

Gonna need a replacement, as Normal Lear beat you to the punch. 

23 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yoko is 90? And I'm older than Bam?  What the fuck is going on in this simulation?  

Sadly, Bruce way me on his way out.  Bummer.  

noCR, but if Trump goes...i'm 72 hours behind.  

csb/ i was watching a Columbo rerun the other night with Dick Van Dyke.  I gotta give him credit.  He looks roughly the same now as he did 40 years ago.  Godspeed.  

Bull-fucking-shit. 

Dude looks like he's undead these days. He didn't look like a ghoul in 1983.

21347968-7715717-image-a-11_1574445590808.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/6/2023 at 8:28 AM, TexasBeta said:

King Charles III - 75 (to continue my English royalty picks)

Britney Spears - 42

Selma Blair - 51

Shannen Doherty - 52

Jerry Jones - 81 (Die you Arky SOB)

Joe Biden - 81

Hillary Clinton - 76

Bruce Willis - 68

Yoko Ono - 90

Sophie Turner - 27

Shannon Doherty and Bruce Willis are the obvious picks here.

Chris Evert’s ovarian cancer has returned and she’s stepping down right now from her on air announcing duties at ESPN to deal with her chemo. She’s 68. Her sister died at 62 from the same cancer. 💜

Gene Hackman,  Robert Duvall, James Earl Jones and Clint Eastwood are all in their 90’s (basically all the same age nearly) and a recent picture of Gene showed him as almost unrecognizable you can tell it’s him in the face but He is razor thin. Robert Redford is 87 and has retired from acting. 

Susan Sullivan, 80, of Falcon Crest and the show Castle and Dharma and Greg is dealing with lung cancer. She tweets a lot about enjoying each day. 💜

Shannen Doherty has already been mentioned. Been listening to her podcast that just aired. She’s fighting this hard core but her cancer has spread to her bones and she had a brain tumor she nicknamed Bob removed. She wants to fall in love again and isn’t ready to give up so I hope we don’t see her in 2024 on this list. 💜

I worry about Billie Eilish and Demi Lovato. Selena Gomez as well. All three of these ladies honestly. 

Jerry is putting Jimmy in the Cowboys Ring of Honor finally on December 30th. I know he’s trying to break the “curse” but he’s old and doesn’t take care of himself. 

Edited by Nicole44

On 12/4/2023 at 9:15 PM, Snake Diggity said:

Celebrities over 90: Clint Eastwood, Dick Van Dyke, Mel Brooks, Jimmy Carter, James Earl Jones, Gene Hackman, Norman Lear, David Attenborough, William Shatner

Half those fools will prolly bite it in 2024.

Anyone else you want to checkoff a day before their demise?

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2023 at 12:46 AM, shnsajax said:

1. Shannen Doherty
2. Morgan Freeman
3. Bruce Willis
4. Michael J Fox
5. Donald Trump
6. Danny Devito
7. Kanye West
8. King Charles III
9. Hulk Hogan
10. Jimmy Carter

This is a solid list. 

I feel like the year I take Kanye off of my entry will be the year he croaks. 

Might do an experiment - if it works, you (and just about everyone else) can thank me later.