Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

11 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

but the guy who started the conversation had to shoehorn in a couple of Joe Biden quips that of course didn't really tie in with the conversation at all.

Standard. 

"Hey did you see the game last night?"

"Yeah, that Biden sure is a moron."

"um what"

Ultimately anyone that was anti-Biden will still be anti-Biden post this report. I don't see this swaying anyone one way or the other. I just think we should put Trump & Biden in inflatable sumo suits at this point and have them have a pugil stick battle vs a debate. PPV would be through the roof.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

39 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Ultimately anyone that was anti-Biden will still be anti-Biden post this report. I don't see this swaying anyone one way or the other. I just think we should put Trump & Biden in inflatable sumo suits at this point and have them have a pugil stick battle vs a debate. PPV would be through the roof.

I'm all for this as I'm quite sure Biden will win. But, I recommend replacing the pugil sticks with spears. 

Imagine how much it must suck to be Joe Biden.  Dude comes out of retirement to save America from a Kremlin puppet and the GOP nominates that same asshole again.  You can see how this might complicates things for Biden… he almost has to run because if he doesn’t and Trump wins, he would probably feel responsible… and if he does run and Trump wins, he would also feel responsible.  On top of that, there’s a major war in Eastern Europe and the Middle East is an ongoing disaster. Biden must have done some bad shit in a previous life to deserve this level of stress at the spry age of 81. 

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Imagine how much it must suck to be Joe Biden.  Dude comes out of retirement to save America from a Kremlin puppet and the GOP nominates that same asshole again.  You can see how this might complicates things for Biden… he almost has to run because if he doesn’t and Trump wins, he would probably feel responsible… and if he does run and Trump wins, he would also feel responsible.  On top of that, there’s a major war in Eastern Europe and the Middle East is an ongoing disaster. Biden must have done some bad shit in a previous life to deserve this level of stress at the spry age of 81. 

And he's going to have to work until he's 86

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

And he's going to have to work until he's 86

technically, once he’s done the job of beating Trump and been inaugaurated again, he can step down. He’s not required to finish his term and America would understand if he didn’t. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

i blame the D bench.  it isn't shallow -- its nonexistent

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

No shit, if the D bench is non-existent -- what do you say about the Republicans?

Just off the top of my head: Pete, Harris, Whitmer, Newsom, Polis, Pritzker, Warnock, Booker, Duckworth, Kelly. And that’s not even including the new 2022 class of governors like Wes Moore 

But no one in their right mind who wants a future in the party would primary an incumbent president. Leave that to the Marianne Williamsons and Dean Phillipses of the world. They’re nobodies 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, C-Man said:

No shit, if the D bench is shallow -- what do you say about the Republicans?

? They don't need a bench.  They're running Trump, end of story.  I'm trying to figure out why it is hard to find someone to beat they guy that just tried to overthrow the government, and the best we can come up with is a dude that we post things like "he just needs to hide for the next 7 months" and "technically, he can just get elected then step down."

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

? They don't need a bench.  They're running Trump, end of story.  I'm trying to figure out why it is hard to find someone to beat they guy that just tried to overthrow the government, and the best we can come up with is a dude that we post things like "he just needs to hide for the next 7 months" and "technically, he can just get elected then step down."

Because giving up the incumbency advantage is the dumbest thing you can do in politics. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

It’s not hard. There’s this one guy, he’s the President right now. Just because some people say dumb things doesn’t change that the Dems have the best possible candidate to win the next election 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Because that dude is the President of the United States. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

VCCLA.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

The section reproduced came from a review and commentary prior to release.  

I was being facetious.  That said, I have no idea why Garland allowed that hit piece to see the light of day. 

44 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I'm trying to figure out why it is hard to find someone to beat they guy that just tried to overthrow the government,

The problem there is not on the people running against that guy.  The problem is that nearly half of Americans ARE ALL-IN ON AND FUCKING ADORE A FUCKING CRIMINAL FASCIST WHO TRIED TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT.  There's not a world in which even your dream candidate gets any of those people to not support Trump.  Because cult.

You people keep applying political norms, and thinking aligned with those norms.  They don't work.  We're in a situation where none of the normal rules matter.  Were there millions of people ever slavishly devoted to and treating as a god....Bob Dole?  Jimmy Carter?  Ford?  Bush 1 or 2?  Reagan?  Fucking NO.  Sure, they all had some adherents who were super duper all-in, but that wasn't the essence of their support.  

Anyone running against Trump - be that Biden or someone else - is running against a murderous, psychotic, religious cult.  It's hard to beat that, if it has enough adherents.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I'm with anyone who thinks Biden is too old but god damn, Trump says much worse things on a daily basis and the media never says a thing.  Biden flubs something today and it's literally two stories on the NYT, front page WSJ, etc.  

Meanwhile, Trump knows JFK Jr and nothing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s not hard. There’s this one guy, he’s the President right now. Just because some people say dumb things doesn’t change that the Dems have the best possible candidate to win the next election 

Also, he's a really good president.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Because giving up the incumbency advantage is the dumbest thing you can do in politics. 

This is true until it isn't. And we've never had an 81-year-old incumbent POTUS.

54 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The problem there is not on the people running against that guy.  The problem is that nearly half of Americans ARE ALL-IN ON AND FUCKING ADORE A FUCKING CRIMINAL FASCIST WHO TRIED TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT.  There's not a world in which even your dream candidate gets any of those people to not support Trump.  Because cult.

You people keep applying political norms, and thinking aligned with those norms.  They don't work.  We're in a situation where none of the normal rules matter.  Were there millions of people ever slavishly devoted to and treating as a god....Bob Dole?  Jimmy Carter?  Ford?  Bush 1 or 2?  Reagan?  Fucking NO.  Sure, they all had some adherents who were super duper all-in, but that wasn't the essence of their support.  

Anyone running against Trump - be that Biden or someone else - is running against a murderous, psychotic, religious cult.  It's hard to beat that, if it has enough adherents.

Nobody in the history of this country has ever been saddled with as much baggage as this piece of shit yet STILL he has at least a puncher's chance of winning back the White House in November. It would be remarkable if it wasn't so goddamn frightening.

11 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Also, he's a really good president.

Nobody seems to give a fuck. Hey, things are going pretty well -- let's put the asshole who crashed the plane into the mountain back in charge.

• Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

And Anastasis will still pretend he/she/it can still vote 3th parthy.   Wifh high cofifeth.  

Nah, he’ll write in a “libertarian”

• Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

lmao this is awesome

I flip it on every so often in the background and at one point AI Biden spent a few minutes lecturing AI Trump about 80s hair metal bands and I was like “ I would crawl over broken glass to vote for that Biden” and another time he was calling Trump a “fucking dumbass” for not knowing the difference between the Call of Duty and Battlefield video games and asking Trump how he could live in Florida, but had never played any of the Grand Theft Auto games.

edit: Biden just said he never cheated at Final Fantasy and that the game “just couldn’t handle his badassery” and then said something about “enough about my skills at the pixels and polygons”.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Zero value add from Biden campaigning or debating. 

People are showing up to vote against Trump, not for Biden specifically. 

Disagree, Biden should make a point to be out and about on the campaign trail both as a counter to the age/fitness piece and to tout investments in infrastructure, manufacturing, and energy made possible by legislation he passed; many of which are located in purple states.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

This is true until it isn't. And we've never had an 81-year-old incumbent POTUS.

The narrative if Biden were to step back and not run for reelection would be a Democratic party in shambles, and all of the campaign/white house infrastructure built over the past four years ceases to matter. Democrats would be campaigning on Trump being such a threat to democracy that... an incumbent POTUS with < 4% unemployment won't even bother trying?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It may not feel realistic, but if you go to the Social Security website they have a life expectancy calculator based on gender and birthdate.  For the two likely candidates, they are both "expected" to live beyond another 4 year term:

Joe Biden:  8.2 years

Donald Trump:  10.2 years

Yes, this is purely statistical and doesn't reflect the health (or lack thereof) of either man.  Just some food for thought.

Imagine if you could type in their weight

• Drool 1

I was being facetious.  That said, I have no idea why Garland allowed that hit piece to see the light of day. 

So, when he gets asked “hey, what’s up with that special counsel report we have been waiting on?”…would Garland just reply, “I’m not going to release it because it was a terrible hatchet job. I’m not going to let you see it so just trust me, the attorney general, when I tell you I’m making the right call here.”?

Seems problematic.
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, scottsins said:

So, when he gets asked “hey, what’s up with that special counsel report we have been waiting on?”…would Garland just reply, “I’m not going to release it because it was a terrible hatchet job. I’m not going to let you see it so just trust me, the attorney general, when I tell you I’m making the right call here.”?

Seems problematic.

No, he would tell the hack who wrote it where the "problematic" (read:  political hit job) writing is and order him to cut it out.  Is this really that hard?

4 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

And Anastasis will still pretend he/she/it can still vote 3th parthy.   Wifh high cofifeth.  

https://news.gallup.com/poll/512135/support-third-political-party.aspx

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Sixty-three percent of U.S. adults currently agree with the statement that the Republican and Democratic parties do “such a poor job” of representing the American people that “a third major party is needed.” This represents a seven-percentage-point increase from a year ago and is the highest since Gallup first asked the question in 2003. However, the current measure is not meaningfully different from the prior highs of 61% in 2017 and 62% in 2021, shortly after the January 2021 Capitol Hill riots.

Requires a coalition that can break down the barriers to ballot access and the capture of the system by the two parties. Y'all aren't helping the long run goals by just prostrating yourself at the altar of this dysfunctional system, characterized by each side spending most of their time arguing that the other candidate has more holes in their brain than their own. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

No, he would tell the hack who wrote it where the "problematic" (read:  political hit job) writing is and order him to cut it out.  Is this really that hard?

LOL. Look at the big brain on Jimmy

Edited by Anastasis
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Requires a coalition that can break down the barriers to ballot access and the capture of the system by the two parties. Y'all aren't helping the long run goals by just prostrating at altar of this dysfunctional system, characterized by each side spending most of their time arguing that the other candidate has more holes in their brain than their own. 

Um, third part candidates get on the ballot every four years. They just aren't very good at getting people to vote for them.

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again